Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455175 times)

Offline sherob

• Arena
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #840 on: March 17, 2015, 07:26:55 AM »
I'd be doggin' you every day just for the fun of it...

As I said... old enough to know better.   ;D
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #841 on: March 17, 2015, 08:10:18 AM »
I buy this... yes it's a go fast car.  8)  But I'm old enough to know better.  So, every Hyundai, Kia, Scion, ToyoNisSub, driven by a 20 something w/ a heart beat thinks it's an invitation to race?  BAAAAHAAAA!  Really?  You really think you have a chance in that little 4 or even 6 banger?   

2015 Camaro SS/1LE

Silly tuners! I've had them try to race my C14.

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #842 on: March 17, 2015, 08:38:55 AM »
Silly tuners! I've had them try to race my C14.

That happens to me all the time...  Makes me feel kind of smug (and maybe even a bit superior) to let them race away from me at the light, thinking "I too, was overconfident, and ignorant, when I was a teenager..."

I think it's because the C14 looks kinda racy, kinda 'toury', and they don't know which trait dominates...  They'd never race an FZ or Gixxer that way...

Disclaimer : Once or twice, I've been compelled, against my better judgement and by a perverse nature, to teach them the error of their ways...

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #843 on: March 17, 2015, 08:45:33 AM »
It seems to me that when they get done "tuning" those cars they are slower, but much louder, than before they started.  Anytime I'm lined up against something with a log muffler I know my 04 Pontiac Grand Prix is going to smoke it without even trying.  I'm not talking about the supercharged version of the Grand Prix either.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #844 on: March 17, 2015, 08:49:48 AM »
I had a friend that put about $20k into a Civic. The end result was pretty amazing car. Handled like it was on rails. Would pull well over a G on a skid pad I'm sure. Very quick but front wheel drive and naturally aspirated 4 cylinders have its limitations. Not a dragster.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #845 on: March 17, 2015, 08:50:39 AM »
Yeah... fart cans on the Econo boxes or Vtwins w/ straight pipes... puts a grin on the face when YOU know what the outcome is going to be.   :nuts:
Rob

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #846 on: March 17, 2015, 11:02:35 AM »
People in cars that stop at least two car lengths from the next vehicle at a stop light and then creep up a few feet every 10 seconds.  Makes me crazy. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #847 on: March 17, 2015, 11:09:13 AM »
Spacers = people in cars that keep 5 or more car lengths between them and the car ahead of them in traffic on the slab, allowing everyone and their uncle to cut in front of them... AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!   :shoot:

Rollers = people who stop several car lengths back at a light, then roll slowly up to the light, a few feet a second, stopping every few feet... AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!   :banghead:
Rob

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #848 on: March 17, 2015, 11:10:09 AM »
People in cars that stop at least two car lengths from the next vehicle at a stop light and then creep up a few feet every 10 seconds.  Makes me crazy.

+1 Happens all the time. It's like their sneaking up on the next car.

Offline GeeBeav

« Reply #849 on: March 17, 2015, 11:33:04 AM »
One guy I car-pool with pulls right up to the bumper of the car in front of him when wants to pass. When he pulls out to pass, his front bumper is within a foot of the other car's rear bumper. This is at highway speed. Must have poor depth perception. Very annoying.

This same guy plays the radio at a somewhat loud volume. OK . . . but he doesn't turn it down for commercial breaks. 6-8 minutes of commercials blasting. Very annoying.

I'm thinking about just driving myself to work.
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #850 on: March 18, 2015, 05:27:33 PM »
One guy I car-pool with pulls right up to the bumper of the car in front of him when wants to pass. When he pulls out to pass, his front bumper is within a foot of the other car's rear bumper. This is at highway speed. Must have poor depth perception. Very annoying.

This same guy plays the radio at a somewhat loud volume. OK . . . but he doesn't turn it down for commercial breaks. 6-8 minutes of commercials blasting. Very annoying.

I'm thinking about just driving myself to work.

I'm annoyed just thinking about it.
You must be an extremely relaxed, laid back sort of person. Because I couldn't tolerate either of those things more than once. Especially if the radio was country, in which case the commercial breaks would be welcome.
Start drivin'.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #851 on: March 18, 2015, 05:45:29 PM »
+1 on that...

I rode with a guy one time that wanted to stay in the left lane all the time and he wasn't going fast.  Drove me crazy.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #852 on: March 18, 2015, 07:07:55 PM »
+1 on that...

I rode with a guy one time that wanted to stay in the left lane all the time and he wasn't going fast.  Drove me crazy.

Left lane bandits.
If you're not passing move over to the right.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #853 on: March 18, 2015, 07:12:37 PM »
Left lane bandits.
If you're not passing move over to the right.

In Pennsylvania that driving in the left lane without passing someone will net you a hefty ticket if the State Troopers see you.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #854 on: March 18, 2015, 07:19:56 PM »
I wish they would teach the CT state police how to do that (write tickets for left lane obstruction). All too common to find someone doing 50 to 55 MPH in a 65 MPH zone on the highway in CT.

Brian

In Pennsylvania that driving in the left lane without passing someone will net you a hefty ticket if the State Troopers see you.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #855 on: March 18, 2015, 07:28:01 PM »
They tried to pass that in VA but it failed.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #856 on: March 18, 2015, 08:11:04 PM »
It is illegal to pass on the right in CT but apparently only a suggestion to 'keep left except to pass'.

I just pass in whatever lane is available and leave it to chance whether or not I get written up. Never have but it is a possibility. Still, by my calculations, I would be four years behind where I am now if I had NOT passed on the right all those times so even with a ticket, I think I am ahead.

:-)

Brian

They tried to pass that in VA but it failed.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #857 on: March 18, 2015, 08:50:04 PM »
lane split up the center is my favorite passing  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #858 on: March 19, 2015, 04:42:58 AM »
+1 on that...

Sounds like the drivers in Wisconsin.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #859 on: March 19, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »
It is against the law in CO to sit in the left lane and not be passing... but hardly enforced.  >:(
Rob