Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455168 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #900 on: March 30, 2015, 07:33:27 AM »
Driving from LA to Phoenix yesterday the traffic on Interstate 10 between Chirriaco Summit and Phoenix was barbaric.  Knuckleheads don't know the difference between passing and I'm gaining on the truck I see off in the distance . On my motorcycle,  I can pretty handily pick my way through that nonsense. In my Focus, it becomes a serious test of my serenity.

I think it ought to be legal to "give some fender" to the jerks that can mess up traffic for miles.  Common courtesy has gone away on the highway. And the truck drivers that need 4 miles to get past the "slower" truck beside them need to be summarily executed. On the spot.

I honestly don't expect everyone to drive as fast as me but get the hell out of the way if someone wants to go faster than you. And DON'T speed up as you are being passed, only to slow down once I pass you.

Rant over.

+2 Elephant races!  >:(

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #901 on: March 30, 2015, 07:53:04 AM »
Always an option on 2 wheels, unlike 4. Lane splitting or using the shoulder Always select the safest option  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #902 on: March 30, 2015, 08:09:40 AM »
Interstate 81 in VA is terrible for trucks taking miles and miles to pass each other.  I hate that road.  It makes me crazy.

Don't forget "and annoyed".
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #903 on: March 30, 2015, 01:47:50 PM »
That too.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #904 on: March 31, 2015, 05:38:01 AM »
Another thing that makes me crazy and annoyed is stupid customers...LOL.

I work with industrial equipment...sales an service. Living on the coast, in a port city, we of course deal with a lot of marine and offshore applications.

It makes me crazy and annoyed when these vessels and rigs show up that were built somewhere in Asia or the Middle East, with either obscure and unknown brands of equipment, or semi-known names making copies of another well-known manufacturer's equipment.

And the stupid customers think there's supposed to be parts available for this stuff, just sitting on a shelf somewhere in North America, ready to go. If parts are even available, it may take two weeks to even get a quote from Asia...let alone a delivery date. So, we're left dealing with a stupid customer that's freaking out because they cannot get parts....for the very vessel that they had built on the other side of the globe to save money. I'm not talking about "old" equipment either....I'm talking about stuff that's only 5-10 years old.

It's beyond frustrating trying to get some of these people to "understand" the situation they're in.

Oh well, time to go talk a few people down off the ledge...lol.

Rem
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #905 on: March 31, 2015, 09:39:49 AM »
Another thing that makes me crazy and annoyed is stupid customers...LOL.

I work with industrial equipment...sales an service. Living on the coast, in a port city, we of course deal with a lot of marine and offshore applications.

It makes me crazy and annoyed when these vessels and rigs show up that were built somewhere in Asia or the Middle East, with either obscure and unknown brands of equipment, or semi-known names making copies of another well-known manufacturer's equipment.

And the stupid customers think there's supposed to be parts available for this stuff, just sitting on a shelf somewhere in North America, ready to go. If parts are even available, it may take two weeks to even get a quote from Asia...let alone a delivery date. So, we're left dealing with a stupid customer that's freaking out because they cannot get parts....for the very vessel that they had built on the other side of the globe to save money. I'm not talking about "old" equipment either....I'm talking about stuff that's only 5-10 years old.

It's beyond frustrating trying to get some of these people to "understand" the situation they're in.

Oh well, time to go talk a few people down off the ledge...lol.

Rem

Go ahead and push 'em off the ledge, says me.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #906 on: March 31, 2015, 09:45:56 AM »
And the crowd chants, "Jump! Jump! Jump!"
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #907 on: March 31, 2015, 10:22:56 AM »

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #908 on: March 31, 2015, 10:31:04 AM »
A flip or a swan dive into a belly flop.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #909 on: March 31, 2015, 12:38:57 PM »
A flip or a swan dive into a belly flop.

Sumbudy say "BELLYFLOP"?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #910 on: April 01, 2015, 04:27:53 AM »
Big rigs that move into another lane without looking in their mirrors.. :battle:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #911 on: April 01, 2015, 05:05:26 AM »
Big rigs that move into another lane without looking in their mirrors.. :battle:

Oh they look alright, they just don't care if there's something other than another big rig there.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #912 on: April 01, 2015, 07:50:17 AM »
Oh they look alright, they just don't care if there's something other than another big rig there.

Exactly!
And they're professionals.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #913 on: April 01, 2015, 08:22:20 AM »
And when you give them room to move over, what ever happened to the  "thank you" flash?

Hell, they dont even give a "clearance flash" to other trucks anymore.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #914 on: April 02, 2015, 07:57:15 AM »
Idiots who can't/won't do their jobs properly.    >:(

I ordered a new steel dually wheel for my RV (it didn't come with a spare tire so I had to order the wheel and a tire). The wheel was ordered through Amazon and came from a Chevy dealer in Phoenix. The wheel came yesterday and it was beat to ****! The moron who 'prepped' it for shipping, via Fed Ex (by far the worst of this two main shipping companies IMO), didn't even bother to put the wheel in a box of any kind, he/she just place the label on the wheel and sent it on it's way.   :o

WTF did the moron think was going to happen to the wheel during shipment? It's scratched to **** but the worst of the damage is a nice gouge on the inside of the wheel right in the area where the tire's bead seats. Yes, this is going to be a spare tire and may never be seen or used (one can hope) but I paid for a new wheel and what I got is not a new wheel.

This makes me crazy and annoyed!

This is what the wheel should look like, notice the nice shipping box. I should have ordered it from E Bay!

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #915 on: April 02, 2015, 08:04:56 AM »
You can't fix stupid.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #916 on: April 02, 2015, 10:07:42 AM »

I ordered a new steel dually wheel for my RV (it didn't come with a spare tire so I had to order the wheel and a tire). The wheel was ordered through Amazon and came from a Chevy dealer in Phoenix. The wheel came yesterday and it was beat to ****! The moron who 'prepped' it for shipping, via Fed Ex (by far the worst of this two main shipping companies IMO), didn't even bother to put the wheel in a box of any kind, he/she just place the label on the wheel and sent it on it's way.   :o

WTF did the moron think was going to happen to the wheel during shipment? It's scratched to **** but the worst of the damage is a nice gouge on the inside of the wheel right in the area where the tire's bead seats. Yes, this is going to be a spare tire and may never be seen or used (one can hope) but I paid for a new wheel and what I got is not a new wheel.

This is what the wheel should look like, notice the nice shipping box. I should have ordered it from E Bay!

Several years ago I ordered a set of four aluminum rims from a Toyota dealer in Texas.
They were the Ivan Stewart special edition Tundra rims, and this dealer had a strong presence as an online retailer.
Anyway, the rims were well packaged, but they had obviously been 'touched' up...somebody had tried to repair nicks or marks in the clear coat with what looked like Scotchbrite marks, and or heavy polishing compound marks.

I tried complaining but it was a waste of time. They would do nothing for me and claimed that any 'marks' I was seeing must have happened in customs.

Yes, of course...because a customs agent (USA or Canada) would open up four boxes, and just randomly start polishing imperfections in the finish, right? Ugh.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #917 on: April 02, 2015, 12:32:23 PM »

Oh, that's nothing unusual.
Several years ago when I was putting the '01 TDI Jetta together (bought as salvage title, engine was toast) I bought the first engine from a "specialty" supplier of engines and transmissions from Tx. It came strapped to a pallet with old seatbelt belting. Nothing to support it underneath, so the oil pan was unrecognizable and crank full of dirt, one engine mount broken off and the intake manifold broken off. The second one came from somewhere on the eastcoast. About the same deal, except it had a tire under the broken oilpan. A shipment of loose tires (large/heavy ones) in the back of the semi trailer had fallen on it. Valvecover and manifolds also broken.
The third one from the first vendor got to me useable.
It was an interesting series of freight claims and disputed charges to the credit card company.

A couple years ago my son bought a parts snowmobile from a guy in MI. When the truck brought it several days late the driver asked if he would sign for it before he opened the trailer. Since it was so late they had called the shipping company to see where it was. It had been "delayed" due to a snowstorm in MPLS/St Paul and they had to send a different trailer to "transfer" some of the loads. Yep, the trailer had been "delayed" by the snowstorm alright. It had been upside down. With a load of soda vending machines on board. The snowmobile was about a foot high after being under a couple of those.
I deal with freight shipments received at work a couple days a week and often unload them either with our little forklift or depending on the type load, sometimes by hand. It is always "interesting" to see how some of this stuff is loaded and "secured", depending on the carrier and/or driver. 
Many a professional idiot.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #918 on: April 02, 2015, 01:04:11 PM »
I guess this story explains your screen name. Welcome to the forum if I haven't already done so.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #919 on: April 02, 2015, 03:45:31 PM »
I guess this story explains your screen name. Welcome to the forum if I haven't already done so.

Thanks!
Yes, pretty much. The TDI forum was the first I joined years ago and I've just always used the same screen name for all the interests I follow.