Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455179 times)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #860 on: March 19, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »
They tried to pass that in VA but it failed.

Actually, in Virginia this has been on the books for years but no one has the guts to enforce it, it would seem they would rather ticket the "aggressor":

§ 46.2-804. Special regulations applicable on highways laned for traffic.

Whenever any roadway has been divided into clearly marked lanes for traffic, drivers of vehicles shall obey the following:

1. Any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions existing, shall be driven in the lane nearest the right edge or right curb of the highway when such lane is available for travel except when overtaking and passing another vehicle or in preparation for a left turn or where right lanes are reserved for slow-moving traffic as permitted in this section
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #861 on: March 19, 2015, 07:33:39 PM »
I thought that there was something going on to add more teeth to that.  I know I remember them talking about it.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Va-Lawmaker-Wants-Left-Lane-Laggers-Pulled-Over-239613801.html

This is probably what I heard/saw..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #862 on: March 20, 2015, 03:35:21 AM »
Actually, in Virginia this has been on the books for years but no one has the guts to enforce it, it would seem they would rather ticket the "aggressor":

§ 46.2-804. Special regulations applicable on highways laned for traffic.

Whenever any roadway has been divided into clearly marked lanes for traffic, drivers of vehicles shall obey the following:

1. Any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions existing, shall be driven in the lane nearest the right edge or right curb of the highway when such lane is available for travel except when overtaking and passing another vehicle or in preparation for a left turn or where right lanes are reserved for slow-moving traffic as permitted in this section

I like that line. Unless it's clarified elsewhere, that means that I have a legal right to get pissed at someone who is not speeding fast enough to get the hell out of my way.

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #863 on: March 20, 2015, 12:43:54 PM »
I rode with a guy one time that wanted to stay in the left lane all the time and he wasn't going fast.  Drove me crazy.
Sounds like the drivers in Wisconsin.
But then the person changed lanes without signalling so you knew you were in Illinois.

Because in Illinois, the directionals are removed from your car when you license it (as an energy-saving measure I guess).

:)
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #864 on: March 20, 2015, 01:26:44 PM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #865 on: March 20, 2015, 08:18:56 PM »
People that hold up the line in the grocery store so they can send there kid's back to look for one more item!!
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Conrad

« Reply #866 on: March 21, 2015, 06:28:02 AM »
But then the person changed lanes without signalling so you knew you were in Illinois.

Because in Illinois, the directionals are removed from your car when you license it (as an energy-saving measure I guess).

:)

Sad but true.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #867 on: March 21, 2015, 10:33:35 AM »
Spent some time in and around Tel Aviv, the only place I've ever been where people consistently changed lanes and made turns in the opposite direction of the signal being used.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #868 on: March 23, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »
When the bank has to "hold a check till it clears"!!!!!! Look at a calendar, THIS IS 2015!!!!!  Billions of dollars can be moved in seconds but the bank has to sit on my lousy $800 check for 2 days before I can get to the funds! Really? WTF???
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #869 on: March 23, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »
...and the youngsters today would ask "What's a check?".

Offline GeeBeav

« Reply #870 on: March 23, 2015, 02:56:09 PM »
Billions of dollars can be moved in seconds

I pay most of my bills using the bank's online bill pay feature. Bills are designated either "electronic transfer" or "paper check", meaning the bank actually writes a check and mails it.

I have my mortgage through my bank . . . same company, just another division in another state.

Guess how my mortgage is designated . . . paper check. This bank can not electronically transfer money to itself?

Annoying.
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #871 on: March 24, 2015, 07:58:08 AM »
They haven't used "paper checks" in Europe for years.  Some of the guys that live there can chime in, but when I lived there in 2002, we had to go to the post office to pay our utility bills with cash since we didn't have a bank account over there so they could electronically debit the account.  No store, hotel or restaurant would take a check.  In fact, many places would only take cash, which caused some panic when I checked out one morning and they needed 300 euros, in cash.  Talk about crazy and annoyed ...

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #872 on: March 24, 2015, 10:39:05 AM »
They haven't used "paper checks" in Europe for years.  Some of the guys that live there can chime in, but when I lived there in 2002, we had to go to the post office to pay our utility bills with cash since we didn't have a bank account over there so they could electronically debit the account.  No store, hotel or restaurant would take a check.  In fact, many places would only take cash, which caused some panic when I checked out one morning and they needed 300 euros, in cash.  Talk about crazy and annoyed ...

Many bills need an IBAN, it was the only way I could pay for my daughters high school field trip. Most stores and restaurants will take a card, in England, they get pretty uptight if your card doesn't have a chip. Where I am in Italy, many of the family run restaurants and agriturismos, stores and sfuso's are cash and carry. They wouldn't know what to do with an American style check. On the upside, I have had meals and not paid for them until the next time I was in, no big deal. "Allora, its ok, next time"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #873 on: March 24, 2015, 12:32:05 PM »
I worked for a German company and the first time I went there, everyone assured me that I did not need any cash- plastic would do everywhere they claimed. Being non- trusting and wary, I grabbed a couple hundred Euros and flew over. The trip from the airport (Frankfurt) to the hotel (Wuppertal) took two trains and a taxi.... and the taxi did not take anything but cash. So had I <foolishly> listened, I would have been jammed- up on my very first day in Germany.... and it was Easter Sunday to boot (I would probably still be there but could probably speak the language decently by now).

Side note and OFFTOPIC: I get in the taxi in Wuppertal (Mercedes 500- they DO have nice cabs in Germany) and immediately notice a big photograph of a smiling George W. Bush (this was in '06, during his second term) stuck to the center of the dash. Hmmmmmm. Did not know what to think about why a German taxi would have a photo of GWB. Chatting with the taxi driver, who was quite clearly NOT German, he noticed my accent (we were speaking in English, the language he first addressed me with when I stepped toward his cab) and asked if I was American. Yep. He launches into a gigantic grin, screams 'USA NUMBER 1!' and 'George Bush is the greatest!'. Hmmmmmm. After chatting a bit, turns out the gentleman is a Kurd, and was a BIG fan of the US, and especially both Bush's, 41 and 43. Of course he had no understanding or interest in US politics, just a guy who happened to be on the receiving end of American aid and protection against genocide against his people. Of course he was not so grateful that he gave me the ride at no charge but still....  ;D

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #874 on: March 24, 2015, 12:35:32 PM »
....but there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.  Sorry, that line makes me crazy and annoyed.

voileauciel

« Reply #875 on: March 24, 2015, 02:56:06 PM »
White/Christian/Heterosexual/Conservative/Affluent privilege and the ridiculous ways it manifests itself in everyday life.

Some folks seriously need to "check their privilege" from time to time...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #876 on: March 24, 2015, 03:54:05 PM »
White/Christian/Heterosexual/Conservative/Affluent privilege and the ridiculous ways it manifests itself in everyday life.

Some folks seriously need to "check their privilege" from time to time...
Where does one go to "check their privilege"? We could check it together in the Arena if you're inclined to pursue this.

voileauciel

« Reply #877 on: March 24, 2015, 04:14:42 PM »
Where does one go to "check their privilege"? We could check it together in the Arena if you're inclined to pursue this.

Only if our attorneys are present...

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #878 on: March 24, 2015, 05:26:36 PM »
I checked. Got it  ::)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #879 on: March 24, 2015, 05:38:38 PM »
I checked. Got it  ::)
Showing a little microaggression Deziner. Sensitivity training at nine o'clock.