Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455195 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #880 on: March 24, 2015, 06:18:07 PM »
If I'm late, start without me.  :rotflmao: :stirpot:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #881 on: March 24, 2015, 06:33:02 PM »
Is this something that spilled out of the arena? Otherwise, I am just not getting it.... ?

Brian

Where does one go to "check their privilege"? We could check it together in the Arena if you're inclined to pursue this.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

voileauciel

« Reply #882 on: March 24, 2015, 06:36:14 PM »
Is this something that spilled out of the arena? Otherwise, I am just not getting it.... ?

Brian

It's a loose cannon looking for fodder, nothing more, nothing less. My comment had nothing to do with him, or anyone in this group or "the other group," but this fellow decided to take it personally, and threaten me in the process.

Nice to know I'm still (un)welcome here too!

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #883 on: March 24, 2015, 06:48:48 PM »
Well, I am still not getting it but let us all assume I am obtuse (I will assume I am obtuse). As long as you fellas' are havin' fun I guess, carry on.

Which reminds me of a joke: A guy is boarding a plane and starting to store his stuff in the overhead bin. His 'stuff' is rotting, stinking, deal animal meat though and everyone is aghast and offended at the horrible sight and odor. Finally, a flight attendant walks up to the man in question and asks him 'Are you bringing rotting, stinking meat onto the plane?' To which he replies 'No, it's carrion.' This works better as a verbal joke 'cause there is no spelling to assist the.... er, "unobservant".

Ba Dum Dum.

Brian

It's a loose cannon looking for fodder, nothing more, nothing less. My comment had nothing to do with him, or anyone in this group or "the other group," but this fellow decided to take it personally, and threaten me in the process.

Nice to know I'm still (un)welcome here too!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #884 on: March 24, 2015, 06:51:05 PM »
We should all probably have our 'privilege' checked every five years or so. Every three years if they find polyps during the last check.

Brian

Where does one go to "check their privilege"? We could check it together in the Arena if you're inclined to pursue this.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #885 on: March 24, 2015, 08:55:19 PM »
What makes me crazy and annoyed? Folks taking this thread a little too seriously!

And Mother said this is why y'all can't have nice things!    :doh:
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #886 on: March 24, 2015, 09:02:21 PM »
I'm doing the work! I'm not slacking! I need..... I need! (from 'What about Bob').

Hey, I injected as much levity into it as I possibly could- made a rotten animal joke as well as a polyp joke. What more can a person do?

Brian

What makes me crazy and annoyed? Folks taking this thread a little too seriously!

And Mother said this is why y'all can't have nice things!    :doh:

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #887 on: March 24, 2015, 09:08:46 PM »
I'm doing the work! I'm not slacking! I need..... I need! (from 'What about Bob').

Hey, I injected as much levity into it as I possibly could- made a rotten animal joke as well as a polyp joke. What more can a person do?

Brian

Understood....    ???
Tony P. Crochet

voileauciel

« Reply #888 on: March 24, 2015, 11:07:59 PM »

Brian

I liked the polyp joke too. We need more of those sometimes. :D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #889 on: March 25, 2015, 04:31:53 AM »
Humor, not Polyps.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #890 on: March 25, 2015, 04:44:10 AM »

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #891 on: March 25, 2015, 05:32:09 AM »
I'm not clicking that polyp with a 10 foot pole....    :nuts:
Tony P. Crochet

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #892 on: March 25, 2015, 06:01:55 AM »
Jim asked for more humor.... ::)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #893 on: March 25, 2015, 06:03:34 AM »
Without polyps...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #894 on: March 25, 2015, 10:14:00 AM »
Sounds like something you'd ask a waitress....er, I mean server: "Can I have the Greek salad without the pylops?"

Now we're going to need a collective "Ewwwwwwwwwwww"!

Brian

Without polyps...

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #895 on: March 27, 2015, 02:41:19 PM »
Chinese manufacturing quality control. Which appears to be: set the device down, back away 100 feet, then look back toward the device.... if it is not on fire, it is A-OK!

We remodeled (reconstructed really: new joists / girder / floor, new ceiling (2" out of level), 1 new wall) the kitchen a few years ago and one thing we really struggled over was the under cabinet lights. Tried quite a few types that we just did not care for. Ended up using flexible LED strips, high output type, and used a 'warm' white strip along with a 'cool' white strip for the extra light as well as a fairly neutral color and overall, we were quite happy. They came directly from China, were cheap (in more ways than one) and worked great.... for one day, until the adhesive on the back failed and they drooped (Easy Boys!) all over the counters. No problem, a little carpet tape and all was well.... for several days when a set of three LED's started to blink and flash. Replaced that strip. Then the power supplies started burning up (one P.S. on each strip) and I think I replaced one once and the other twice and that settled down. A couple more failed LEDs, a couple more strips and all was well.... until last night when a group of three LED's are winking and blinking again (on a new strip that never did that before).

The stuff has all the makings of a decent product but they just cannot do the last 5% that makes or breaks the product. The solder joints between the LEDs and the foil are excellent.... mostly, except for here and there where it looks like they stopped the production line for lunch and let it all cool down.

I know what everyone is thinking: Jees Brian, spend a few bucks and buy better lights from the US you cheap Ba$tage! Well, I tried that too and it turns out the very much more expensive strip LEDs that are available from the US are..... the same Chinese ones marked up 10 times. They must try them all, pick out the bad ones from new and ship the rest. They even come with a card with a little box to check off as to why you are sending them back for replacement..... which shows they know very well they are of poor quality.

So here we (the consumer) are, always shopping by price and demanding the lowest cost. Well, I guess we got it because no one else such as Philips, GE, et. al, makes these things because they cannot compete with the price. So by purchasing this cheap garbage, we have apparently driven the quality manufacturers out of the fray and all we are left with is... cheap garbage.

We have met the enemy and he is us.

:-(

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #896 on: March 27, 2015, 03:13:56 PM »
RIP Pirelli...

Since we are talking about things that make me/us crazy and annoyed..    Driving into Dinwiddie county today and I could not believe the number of pickup trucks being driven under the speed limit.  Yes, it was a bit wet outside but it wasn't a monsoon by any stretch.  Going back towards Fredericksburg, the same thing again.  All of these are big pickups with big engines..  Makes me crazy.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #897 on: March 27, 2015, 10:45:58 PM »
GO -LIGHTLY

What an understatement!!!! :hitfan:
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #898 on: March 28, 2015, 07:54:48 AM »
Driving from LA to Phoenix yesterday the traffic on Interstate 10 between Chirriaco Summit and Phoenix was barbaric.  Knuckleheads don't know the difference between passing and I'm gaining on the truck I see off in the distance . On my motorcycle,  I can pretty handily pick my way through that nonsense. In my Focus, it becomes a serious test of my serenity.

I think it ought to be legal to "give some fender" to the jerks that can mess up traffic for miles.  Common courtesy has gone away on the highway. And the truck drivers that need 4 miles to get past the "slower" truck beside them need to be summarily executed. On the spot.

I honestly don't expect everyone to drive as fast as me but get the hell out of the way if someone wants to go faster than you. And DON'T speed up as you are being passed, only to slow down once I pass you.

Rant over.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #899 on: March 28, 2015, 08:34:37 AM »
And the truck drivers that need 4 miles to get past the "slower" truck beside them need to be summarily executed. On the spot.

I honestly don't expect everyone to drive as fast as me but get the hell out of the way if someone wants to go faster than you. And DON'T speed up as you are being passed, only to slow down once I pass you.

Rant over.

Interstate 81 in VA is terrible for trucks taking miles and miles to pass each other.  I hate that road.  It makes me crazy.