Author Topic: Pharmacy Drug Tests  (Read 3396 times)

Offline shakespeare

Pharmacy Drug Tests
« on: May 17, 2011, 08:16:47 AM »
Has anyone ever used any of the drug tests available at phamacy's?

If so, is there one brand you would recommend over others?

I haven't looked into any of them yet, but I assume you have to mail the sample out and wait for results?

Thanks in advance for any input!!
Dan in South Jersey (formerly danielcombs)

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Re: Pharmacy Drug Tests
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:22:59 AM »
I've never looked into the ones that are available at pharmacies, but I know that we use quick tests in prisons that are just dipped in urine for a while.  No other processing necessary.  I wouldn't be surprised if similar ones are available for purchase.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 08:26:08 AM »
UH oh....does someone have to study for a test?

Be careful...from what I have heard from people in the know many of these will test positive for drugs after eating certain foods.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline nosaint7

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 08:34:35 AM »
Some are OK, some are not.  Depends on what you want it for.  If you want to use it to see if YOU will pass a "pre-employment" drug test...  waste of money.  If you want it to threaten your teenager with - might be worth it.
current: 2003 C10
past: Yamaha Vstar, Yamaha XS750, Suzuki T500, BSA 650 Lightning (yup - I'm OLD!)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 08:43:46 AM »
It's not mine! I was just holding it for a friend honest!!!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 08:57:37 AM »
And I only had two beers!
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 09:01:05 AM »
What's wrong with your eyes?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline shakespeare

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 09:10:26 AM »
............  If you want it to threaten your teenager with - might be worth it.

That's what I'm looking at. I plan to keep one on the shelf at home, so she knows she can be tested at any time. This is a very serious issue for me at the moment, might even call it a crisis.

Conrad & Cholla - you can't boost your post count in the open forum, please move along.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 09:13:28 AM »
My apologies, I thought that this was about you and not your daughter. Good luck.

Offline nosaint7

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 09:17:54 AM »
That's what I'm looking at. I plan to keep one on the shelf at home, so she knows she can be tested at any time. This is a very serious issue for me at the moment, might even call it a crisis.

Should be some "DUI" schools (or some such) in your area - give them a call and ask for a referral to a local lab that does the tests for local courts and pre-employment testing.  If you have one on the shelf at home, you need a contingency plan if it gets used.

PM sent....
current: 2003 C10
past: Yamaha Vstar, Yamaha XS750, Suzuki T500, BSA 650 Lightning (yup - I'm OLD!)

Offline shakespeare

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 11:34:25 AM »
My apologies, I thought that this was about you and not your daughter. Good luck.

Apology accepted, sorry for the quick snap, I am having one of the most difficult weeks of my life.

My post was vague because I obviously don't want to post details on the net. I've known many of you for several years now, and have found this to be one of the largest, and well rounded information bases I have available to me.