Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 671234 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #720 on: July 27, 2012, 10:01:12 AM »
That ain't no crown!

Seems that Quasimodo had a bit of trouble getting the eye holes just right...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #721 on: August 11, 2012, 05:01:54 PM »
As the story goes (I have never been able to confirm this)....

The most efficient machine known for moving a given amount of weight across a given distance is.... a human riding a bicycle. Nothing else can move as much weight as far at a similar or greater speed for the same amount of fuel used (food in this case).

And in case anyone was wondering the method used for finding out just how much energy is in various foods.... samples of a given food are dried and then burned. If quantity XXX of fuel is used in the retort to completely consume the food product, and quantity YYY is given off by the retort, then YYY - XXX is the energy value of the food being tested. Which is more or less exactly what we do with food- we 'burn' it. Well, some of us burn it and some of us wisely turn it into fat so that we become 'drought and famine resistant' as Homer has said. :-)

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Gsun

« Reply #722 on: August 11, 2012, 10:42:55 PM »
Mine is not very efficient.....

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #723 on: August 12, 2012, 06:49:10 PM »
Yeah but at least no one cuts you off while riding that thing, right. Or at least not very often....

My brother's wife got an exercise bike a while back and he went out and bought rear view mirrors, a squeeze bulb horn and tassles for the handlebars and put all that stuff on the bike when she was not around. She didn't even notice and that made it even funnier.

Brian

Mine is not very efficient.....
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #724 on: August 13, 2012, 04:45:11 AM »
Yeah but at least no one cuts you off while riding that thing, right. Or at least not very often....

My brother's wife got an exercise bike a while back and he went out and bought rear view mirrors, a squeeze bulb horn and tassles for the handlebars and put all that stuff on the bike when she was not around. She didn't even notice and that made it even funnier.

Brian

Maybe she did notice but she's teaching him a lesson?   :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #725 on: August 13, 2012, 05:24:13 PM »
I ran out of beer this past weekend and haven't been able to restock.  My wife wanted grilled chicken today.  No beer.  I can't grill without a beer, in a bottle, in hand.  I was panicking and had a glass of wine instead.  It's not the same.  I feel dirty.  The chicken turned out well, though.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #726 on: August 13, 2012, 05:36:04 PM »
I ran out of beer this past weekend and haven't been able to restock.  My wife wanted grilled chicken today. No beer.  I can't grill without a beer, in a bottle, in hand.  I was panicking and had a glass of wine instead.  It's not the same.  I feel dirty.  The chicken turned out well, though.
..and a can up the chickens butt.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #727 on: August 13, 2012, 06:09:21 PM »
I ran out of beer this past weekend and haven't been able to restock. 

:o :'(   :grouphug:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #728 on: August 14, 2012, 04:39:28 AM »
I ran out of beer this past weekend and haven't been able to restock.  My wife wanted grilled chicken today.  No beer.  I can't grill without a beer, in a bottle, in hand.  I was panicking and had a glass of wine instead.  It's not the same.  I feel dirty.  The chicken turned out well, though.

:yikes:

Are you ok buddy? Do we have to send you a 'care package'?

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #729 on: August 14, 2012, 10:17:05 AM »
Heres my monthly post to say that my idiot brother-in-law the cop is still an idiot. He's most likely an officer now since he was a Sgt. 6 years ago and rising rapidly, so, if that is the case, he really and truly is an idiot.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #730 on: October 20, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
This thread has been dormant awhile.  I'll think I'll wake it up....

Did you know that the 'Esc' key on the PC keyboard was invented by an IBM employee (IBM'r for those in the know) in 1960?  Warms me heart, it does to know that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esc_key

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #731 on: October 21, 2012, 06:19:08 AM »
This thread has been dormant awhile.  I'll think I'll wake it up....

Did you know that the 'Esc' key on the PC keyboard was invented by an IBM employee (IBM'r for those in the know) in 1960?  Warms me heart, it does to know that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esc_key

Who invented the 'any key'?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #732 on: October 21, 2012, 07:13:52 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Any_key

Additionally IBM invented the following technologies...

• Magnetic stripe technology
  • Computing scales
  • Lasik eye surgery
  • UPC
  • Time clocks (darn it)
  • Automated test scoring
  • Scanning Tunneling Microscope
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:45:11 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #733 on: October 22, 2012, 04:53:20 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Any_key

Additionally IBM invented the following technologies...

• Magnetic stripe technology
  • Computing scales
  • Lasik eye surgery
  • UPC
  • Time clocks (darn it)
  • Automated test scoring
  • Scanning Tunneling Microscope

Time clocks eh? Booo! Although I haven't had to punch one of them in almost 30 years.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #734 on: October 22, 2012, 02:20:55 PM »
I'd like to JUST have a time clock ... I have to hand scan in on the time clock at work ... oh to just have time cards again.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #735 on: October 23, 2012, 10:44:01 AM »
You know, riding home to Ohio from Mississippi by way of Tennessee last month at the COG rally, I had a lot of time to think and reflect on many things in my life. And after much pipe munching ruminations, I have concluded that in no uncertain terms that my idiot brother-in-law the cop is still quite an idiot. 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #736 on: October 23, 2012, 10:47:30 AM »
You know, riding home to Ohio from Mississippi by way of Tennessee last month at the COG rally, I had a lot of time to think and reflect on many things in my life. And after much pipe munching ruminations, I have concluded that in no uncertain terms that my idiot brother-in-law the cop is still quite an idiot.

At least he's consistent, you have to give him that.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #737 on: October 23, 2012, 10:51:51 AM »
It started raining last week.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #738 on: October 23, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »
As a caveat, I've also decided that no matter what happens in the future, I never want to speak to him or his wife again. My wife can as its her sister. Nothing can erase his idiocity. But, I've also concluded that a week of regular Soma and Vicodin ingestion along with Bombay Blue Safire gin makes me less inclined to want to put to use an 8lb hammer for things that it was not designed to do. I really don't think the Browns are going to do all that good this year.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #739 on: October 24, 2012, 11:24:35 AM »
It started raining last week.

The forcast says it's gonna stop in mid-July though...  ;)