Author Topic: Hello from eastern Iowa  (Read 175 times)

Offline IAkawboy

Hello from eastern Iowa
« on: May 04, 2024, 08:01:29 AM »
Hello from eastern Iowa.
I own and ride an '86 c10. The bike was previously owned by my father, from whom I bartered it.
I have owned various older (1970s-1980s) kawis in the past. And being a married with children working fool, I do all my own bike maintenance and repair.
The bike had been sitting dormant since 2018, when i resurrected her about a week before a multiple state cross country ride last summer.

"Have you tried using your Jeremy Clarkson diagnostic tool?" -Me

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
Re: Hello from eastern Iowa
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 04:10:29 PM »
Welcome aboard  ;D :chugbeer:
Nice taste in colour.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline IAkawboy

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:05:01 AM »
Nice!
Bike was originally a battle-ship grey in color, and being as how I live and ride near/in an area with multiple major interstate highways, I wanted a more vibrant color.
Being a working stiff with a wife and kids, rattle-can rustoleum florescant green was the choice for me!
"Have you tried using your Jeremy Clarkson diagnostic tool?" -Me

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:40:52 AM »
My '89 started out blue but for a variety of reasons got rattle-canned matt black with fluorescent highlights (see my sig picture) and then many years later I decided to redo him in Kawasaki Team Green.
I tend not rely on being seen as in my experience being visible really doesn't help if they don't look. I just like the green.
If I ever get rich I will have him professionally resprayed the same green as the 2015 Concours14 with gloss black stripes and belly pan/lower.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: Today at 07:51:17 AM »
Welcome, Iowan. Good lookin C10.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.