Author Topic: Anyone have experience with the Kawi Eliminator?  (Read 1640 times)

Offline wahrsuul

• This is personal, stop reading it!
Anyone have experience with the Kawi Eliminator?
« on: September 23, 2013, 10:52:08 AM »
So, for months now I've been trying to dial in the seating position on the ZG.  Risers, peg lowers, seat/foam...but still haven't gotten comfortable enough for long rides.  So I'm considering a different bike.  Maybe more crusier-ish, but I don't want an HD copy.  Something more like a VTX1800 or Mean Streak.  I found an 87 ZL1000 Eliminator for sale locally.  I've had a look at it, and it seems like a decent bike with plenty of power.  it's a one year model in the states, so parts might be an issue, but the engine and drivetrain are the same as in the ZG, so parts for that should be in good supply.  What I don't know is how the bike is to ride.  I've seen a few small personal reviews, but no big ones and the Zl-OA bard is not lurk-friendly, and I don't like signing up for accounts I may not use.  So I'm wondering if anyone here has any direct experience?  Or could possibly steer me towards something similar?
1999 C-10: Knee savers, Givi trunk, Rifle windshield, KB risers, K&N...and counting...

What did I do to deserve this life?  And how do I do it again?

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
Re: Anyone have experience with the Kawi Eliminator?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 06:03:58 PM »
V Max 8)
The grass isn't always greener.