Author Topic: WHO rode today 1-6-12 ?  (Read 14329 times)

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
Re: WHO rode today 1-6-12 ?
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 04:40:50 PM »
I rode 30 miles today. 72 and breezy in N.Ga.  Winter'll be back...
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2012, 04:01:58 PM »
Had an awesome ride today.  My buddy and I swapped bikes for about 80 miles and he is trying to talk his wife into letting him trade his ZX14 for a C14.  ;D   Had lunch at the Bixby General store and it was excellent as usual.

Supposed to be warmer tomorrow, I will probably be out again. 

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2012, 08:13:03 PM »
65 today here in central Ohio, WTFIGO ?
Got a comfortable 124 miles in, hit a few spots I haven't seen in a while, including one of my fav. Coffee House girls. She had my joe ready and waiting for me when I hit the door, she was expecting me for some reason. Hope some more of you got out today, might be next week before i do this again.
Ride safe all,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline W14

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2012, 06:56:54 AM »
Woke this morning pondering, “Should I ride my FUJI Road Bicycle and think about the Connie or should I ride the Connie and think about the road bike”? The Connie normally wins, but not this morning. There is nothing like the serenity of riding a bicycle on a spring-like morning (63 degrees), with the birds chirping, crows squawking, frogs crooking and the sounds of a distant train - one of the advantages of the bicycle over the motorcycle is that you can hear everything.  The bicycle is particularly enjoyable when the engine feels good. Besides, riding the bicycle makes me a better motorcyclist.

Ran across another bicycle, gave him the “wave” and he said “what’s happening”?

Back home now, and the Connie is sitting there, like a cougar staking its prey and patiently awaiting the Harley’s it’s going to pounce today.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2012, 07:13:13 AM »
I have been riding my Kona every evening.  It isn't that quiet since the tires hum happily along while I am on pavement.  That bike is much happier on a dirt trail but since I have my son in front of me in a seat there isn't much excitement going on.  But Karson (my son) and I have a blast.  He points out everything that he sees and I love to hear him chatter about how he sees the world.  The hills around our neighborhood are the perfect place to get a good workout.  Even at a moderate pace I get a great workout since my butt never leaves the seat. 

Here is a picture from this past summer when I had just started taking Karson for rides.

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »
Rode about 60 miles today, to work, around, to a meeting, and back. Had the winter coat and gauntlets on and flat broke out into a sweat on the way home. Just about ready for the mesh jacket again (winter'll be back,one more time...)
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2012, 06:23:55 PM »
Well...........................................
68 today here in Ohio, just awesome. Got 167 miles and could have done more, but had to get a Roast in the oven for some family. Hope you got out today.
Please ride safe,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?