Author Topic: mn to tn, rolling out first thing  (Read 1710 times)

Offline JS_racer

mn to tn, rolling out first thing
« on: April 05, 2013, 06:29:32 PM »
Spending days once I get there. Heading to erwin tn. Any good way to get there, or it's going to blow? Lol
Anyone in the area want to hook up? First time there.
Six one two three zero eight four five three zero. Text work great too.
Weeeeeeee here we go, new ak20 and 8983, guess I'm not hating the ride too much.

Thanks guys,
Joel
Anyone know where to get tires down this way, probably need some before I get home.

Offline BackInTheSaddle

Re: mn to tn, rolling out first thing
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 07:19:18 AM »
Have a great and safe trip!  I'm heading that way in late May so give us the highlights when you get back.
Don, Apple Valley, MN
2008 C-14 ABS, AeroFlow Tall, Murph's risers with wedges, Buell pegs, Zumo 590, lowered pegs, Russell Day-Long
Previous bikes 2001 Kawi C10 (RIP), and 1981 Honda CB650
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/DonaldHollinger/MOTO/Map_zpse09bb1e5

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 09:06:37 AM »
It is going to blow for you, especially having to ride through Illinois. Hope you are taking a few weeks off, that is gonna be allot of slab to be tortured by to hit the fun stuff. The weather down there is real nice, you are gonna have a great time on the twisty playgrounds.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 10:17:15 AM »
It is going to blow for you, especially having to ride through Illinois. Hope you are taking a few weeks off, that is gonna be allot of slab to be tortured by to hit the fun stuff. The weather down there is real nice, you are gonna have a great time on the twisty playgrounds.
That's the damn truth. There's ways around. Ride south in MO and turn east. Never have to set foot in this godforsaken state.

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 04:55:58 AM »
well, I went the no toll route, closer to the lake in Wisconsin, down the slow going stop light rough ass road right into chicago traffic. wow what a mistake that was. lol
tomtom routed me to Indiana and stopped south of inIndianapolis. on 65 I think it was there were tons of wind turbines. gave me a tic of indication it might be breezy. its a lot of slabbing, but for me at this time, thats part of the journey. first day Indianapolis was in the 70's was yesterday, lows are normal highs.

figure I will need a tire before returning home, any good on the bike prices for places down there?

thanks guys
(posted from my phone, hope it seems ok)

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 12:58:36 AM »
if you are still in tennessee check out the SNAKE hwy 421 from Bristol to Mountain City. Lots of twisties, 3 mountains and one valley.
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie