Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853063 times)

Offline Charlie747

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1040 on: April 07, 2015, 06:21:35 PM »
Rode 300+miles for a Banger & Mash lunch sat in the sun by the river seven

Offline tradrockrat

• One World Karate
« Reply #1041 on: April 07, 2015, 06:50:47 PM »
Inspection, 30 day tags, and a ran a few errands.  Then rode to the range because  a. I need to practice, and b. there's a two mile stretch of open road where I could open her up a little bit for the first time. whoowee...!

"This is where I place a funny comment."

Offline tomp

« Reply #1042 on: April 07, 2015, 07:49:53 PM »
Rode 300+miles for a Banger & Mash lunch sat in the sun by the river seven
I saw you posted that on the GTR site, too.  Must have been good eats.  I love good sausages and Mashed potatoes.  Some German Brats are really good sausages, too; especially with Dijon mustard and sauerkraut.     

Commuted to work and back today.  More evening traffic, but that just makes the trip edgier.  Same trip tomorrow.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #1043 on: April 08, 2015, 12:20:55 AM »
I saw you posted that on the GTR site, too.  Must have been good eats.  I love good sausages and Mashed potatoes.  Some German Brats are really good sausages, too; especially with Dijon mustard and sauerkraut.     

Commuted to work and back today.  More evening traffic, but that just makes the trip edgier.  Same trip tomorrow.  tp

Yummy eats...............
3 x local sausage nice firm meaty + Mash that you could taste the butter and white pepper, served in a giant Yorkshire pudding and covered in onion gravy

Alas as riding back we could not sample the fine draft ales and larger..............despite the warmth of the sun demanding such pleasures.

Ride back was not bad as we missed the traffic round our second city Birmingham then the A14 and A43 dual carriageway was empty in places allowing up changes between 7-9k rpm and super cruise.

Just a bit concerned now as to what the post may  :hitfan: bring in the next few weeks  :rotflmao:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1044 on: April 08, 2015, 07:09:37 AM »

:P I love the german food to be found in the hill country such as in Fredericksburg or New Braunfels.

From Altdorf biergarten in Fredericksburg:

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #1045 on: April 08, 2015, 07:14:34 AM »
Man we need scratch and sniff technology for pub grub pictures like that Rhino  :chugbeer:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1046 on: April 08, 2015, 07:23:01 AM »
Man we need scratch and sniff technology for pub grub pictures like that Rhino  :chugbeer:

Agreed Charlie!  :chugbeer: One of these days I'm going to cross the pond and take you up on a sausage tour!

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #1047 on: April 08, 2015, 08:08:27 AM »
Agreed Charlie!  :chugbeer: One of these days I'm going to cross the pond and take you up on a sausage tour!

Is that like a sausage fest?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1048 on: April 08, 2015, 02:19:55 PM »
Painted the mirror trim and the Givi topcase Neutron Silver
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1049 on: April 08, 2015, 05:19:14 PM »
Painted the mirror trim and the Givi topcase Neutron Silver

Before and after photos? :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1050 on: April 09, 2015, 07:00:25 PM »
Rode her to Vegas. Only about 300 miles but glorious despite the low miles.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1051 on: April 09, 2015, 07:16:28 PM »
Rode her to Vegas. Only about 300 miles but glorious despite the low miles.
...but still 300 miles more than I rode today.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1052 on: April 09, 2015, 07:46:13 PM »
Glad you had a nice ride.  As mentioned, it's also 300 miles more than me as well.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1053 on: April 09, 2015, 08:03:43 PM »
World of difference between the C14 and my old Electra Glide

Offline XPLRN

« Reply #1054 on: April 09, 2015, 10:29:10 PM »
World of difference between the C14 and my old Electra Glide

300 miles=plenty of 'Expedient Travel Tariff' potential as you were exploring those differences!! Especially on those nice long sweeping curves on the way up there.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1055 on: April 12, 2015, 04:44:17 PM »
Went for a ride this weekend and put on a little over 800 miles. I love the performance of this bike but I definitely have some comfort issues to deal with.

Gotta get higher handlebar.  Trying to decide which route to go. Might make my own...

Larger windshield on the short list. I hit a swarm of bees about 175 miles out of Vegas. I had guts and bee parts covering the outside of the windshield,  the inside of the windshield, all over the outside face shield of the helmet, the built in sun shade of the helmet, my gloves, jacket, everywhere. It was a real mess.

I think canyon cages would be good, additional peg locations may be nice.

And a throttle lock.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1056 on: April 12, 2015, 04:57:43 PM »
Biggest complaint I had with the oem bars was the way they turned my wrist.
Still running the oem windscreen?
I understand the cages for tipover protection but are Ronnies pegs not enough to stretch out a bit?
I've got both a Throttlemeister and an OmniCruise. I use the Omni more.
When are you going to move the topcase over the passenger seat so we can get full use out of that 'big rack'?  :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1057 on: April 12, 2015, 05:13:38 PM »
Went for a ride this weekend and put on a little over 800 miles.

Wow- that is a long ride!  Makes my little 60 mile ride yesterday and 50 mile ride today seem like nothing.

Larger windshield on the short list. I hit a swarm of bees about 175 miles out of Vegas. I had guts and bee parts covering the outside of the windshield,  the inside of the windshield, all over the outside face shield of the helmet, the built in sun shade of the helmet, my gloves, jacket, everywhere. It was a real mess.

Yeah, I was hit with some insects this weekend for the first time this year... I dread what is coming.  What sucks is when it is hot and you need MORE airflow, but then hit a bunch of insects.

I think canyon cages would be good, additional peg locations may be nice.

Go for it!  Canyons are a good investment.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1058 on: April 12, 2015, 05:27:31 PM »
Did 250 miles in western VA..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1059 on: April 12, 2015, 05:52:33 PM »
I rode 375 round trip for a Subway Club yesterday.  :doh: