Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853285 times)

Offline kzz1king

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #3220 on: September 06, 2018, 05:23:15 PM »
Adjusted all the slack out of the throttle cables despite the free play mentioned in the directions. It didnt seem like there was a lot but it really helped with off idle snatch. Used to be bad. Big improvement and well worth the 10 minutes it took.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3221 on: September 06, 2018, 08:13:05 PM »
Adjusted all the slack out of the throttle cables despite the free play mentioned in the directions. It didnt seem like there was a lot but it really helped with off idle snatch. Used to be bad. Big improvement and well worth the 10 minutes it took.

I am always amazed at the difference tightening up the slack makes.  BTW- I am way overdue doing that myself, again.  If only I weren't so freaking lazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikecon

« Reply #3222 on: September 08, 2018, 11:54:39 AM »
Had he rear TPMS unit replaced under warranty.

Offline toon

« Reply #3223 on: September 08, 2018, 12:23:06 PM »
Replaced the rear with Battlax T31 190 55/17. We will see how it goes.
Any landing you can walk away from is a good one
88 connie (rear ended)
12 Ural, 16 KLR
09 Connie

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3224 on: September 08, 2018, 04:45:42 PM »
Had he rear TPMS unit replaced under warranty.

what year bike?

can you call, and ask them to give you the one they pulled out? please...!

try and get it back, we need these as 'donor experiment parts"

please, please, please.......

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3225 on: September 08, 2018, 04:52:29 PM »
can you call, and ask them to give you the one they pulled out? please...!  try and get it back, we need these as 'donor experiment parts"

I doubt they will do it.  I was told by my dealership that when it is replaced under warranty, they are required to keep it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #3226 on: September 10, 2018, 01:34:47 PM »
Well, I plugged mine into the battery tender.  :(

Over a month ago, I did something that caused a pain in my neck/upper back, which then translated to my right shoulder. I rode one time after that and not at all since, because I don't like pain when I ride.

Don't know what I did, but it's still bothering me. I am going to ride again soon and get back on the golf course as well. This has been a wasted riding summer for me. Not many miles and I didn't ride on an overnighter with my wife (took the car instead) and had to pass on a 5-day annual ride as well.  :(
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3227 on: September 10, 2018, 02:55:29 PM »
Over a month ago, I did something that caused a pain in my neck/upper back, which then translated to my right shoulder. I rode one time after that and not at all since, because I don't like pain when I ride.  Don't know what I did, but it's still bothering me. I am going to ride again soon and get back on the golf course as well. This has been a wasted riding summer for me. Not many miles and I didn't ride on an overnighter with my wife (took the car instead) and had to pass on a 5-day annual ride as well.  :(

Sorry to hear that, but I typically can't even ride more than a few hours in a day due to RSI/CTS/FMS and other problems.  So I am happy with any riding I can work into the schedule and my body's ability.  Hope you get more betterer soon!

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3228 on: September 11, 2018, 08:38:45 AM »
Installed the VStream windshield, using the new dampers I had ordered. Really happy with the results - the shield is fairly stable even at 80mph and it definitely keeps the wind off my body.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

netdomon

« Reply #3229 on: September 18, 2018, 05:56:58 AM »
 :) :)

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3230 on: September 18, 2018, 08:36:49 PM »
 Installed the volo lights plate thingy. Didn't like how close it was to the plate light (which has a burnt out bulb anyhow) so I flipped the bracket around. Me likey.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #3231 on: September 26, 2018, 11:52:54 PM »
Had to do an oil change last night. I have ridden over 6000Km the last month. Also had to plug the fairly new rear tyre, as I picked up a wood screw in Cape Town last weekend.... :banghead:
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline eng943

« Reply #3232 on: September 28, 2018, 06:35:21 AM »
Installed Garmin 595.
New Puig Windscreen
Area P Carbon Slip on.
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3233 on: September 28, 2018, 09:23:38 AM »
Was last weekend but forgot to mention- adjusted out the throttle play.  Wow, I waited too long.  Has been said many times, but it makes such a big difference, and takes only a few minutes.

Ug- also had to deal with the damn gas-cap corrosion/sticking AGAIN.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #3234 on: September 28, 2018, 09:27:57 AM »
Was last weekend but forgot to mention- adjusted out the throttle play.  Wow, I waited too long.  Has been said many times, but it makes such a big difference, and takes only a few minutes.

I have never done it. Where is the best place to find a how-to?
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3235 on: September 28, 2018, 10:02:29 AM »
I have never done it. Where is the best place to find a how-to?

I am not sure there is one.  I looked it up in the factory manual, but it is so easy it is silly.

On the back of the throttle are two cables.  The outside is the open and the inside is the shut.  The shut rarely needs adjustment.  So just loosen the small lock nut on the outer cable, and turn the large, rubber-coated nut 1/2 turn and test the play several times, and repeat until there isn't much left.  Then tighten the lock nut down.  That's it!  You do want a LITTLE play, but not much.  Make sure you test that the engine  idle speed does NOT change with your adjustments and that if you turn the steering to the extremes it doesn't change either (otherwise you overtightened and didn't leave enough play).  Play should be 2-3mm.

Offline Messer

« Reply #3236 on: September 29, 2018, 04:49:58 PM »
Bought mine!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3237 on: September 29, 2018, 08:21:23 PM »
Bought mine!

Congrats!

I went to RIC, then Midlothian, then back to RIC, then home.  At the last two stops I keep getting a "burning" smell emanating from the engine.  I think it might be the dreaded dripping of oil from the cam sensor thing (even though it has never been touched/removed).  Doesn't quite smell like oil, though.

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #3238 on: September 29, 2018, 11:37:45 PM »
A bit of a check over in preparation for a quick 5,000km blat starting at the end of the week.  She will turn over 150,000km sometime next Saturday :)

'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
« Reply #3239 on: September 30, 2018, 04:03:08 PM »
New rear tire (PR4GT). Changed the tpms battery while I was at it as it was complaining. What an annoying job. Almost broke the sensor cover. Decided to take a step back and google things. I had forgotten about the torx screw under the sticker. Then being very careful with soldering not to damage anything. But it all worked out in the end. Lots of grease on the splines, torqued to spec and done. No more annoying TPS sensor low battery warning on the dash.  ;D

Also, if you try to run the bike with the rear wheel up in the air, you get a KTRC Error. Who knew? Found out trying to test the new battery in the garage.
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon