Author Topic: HOW MUCH POWER?  (Read 15353 times)

Offline stlhrsrdr

HOW MUCH POWER?
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:32:31 PM »
what kind of increase in power will the zx 14 throttle bodies give?my bike is an '08,area P full system,k/n filter,and PC III.currently has stock throttle bodies with the flies removed.flies are also out of the zx throttle bodies.thanks.

Offline nsrrider

Re: HOW MUCH POWER?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 07:09:40 AM »
alot of folks are waiting for those that have done the mod to dyno their bikes.....a few "seat of pants" reviews but no hard data.........i'd also be curious about MPG changes at steady cruise modes.........maybe we should start a dyno fund

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:01:51 PM »
I'm definitely waiting to see some dyno results from this mod too.  If the results are positive, this will go on my winter project list.
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »
Butt dynos are not the way to go.....Who dosen't want to see improvement after they do all that work.

Offline Coomers

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:30:32 PM »
alot of folks are waiting for those that have done the mod to dyno their bikes.....a few "seat of pants" reviews but no hard data.........i'd also be curious about MPG changes at steady cruise modes.........maybe we should start a dyno fund

I’d be in to starting a dyno fund. That way not only will we find out if and how much power the Zx14 TB’s are making but we will also get a PCV map to work with. My Zx14 TB’s are collecting dust on my bench.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 04:51:32 PM »
Ditto on the dust!  Soon, soon.  I'll share the MAP from the Auto Tune as soon as I have it done.  Rode the Hoh (Rainforest ya perves) on the KLR this weekend, maybe I will treat myself to a Fathers day gift on Sunday.

Offline Rudy

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 05:45:22 AM »
I went to the open house at my local dealer. They had free dyno runs. I waited in line for 1 1/2 hours in the rain. Finally my turn. Everything is hooked up and the dyno operator does a couple of pulls. He stops and starts fiddling with his computer. Re-boots it and starts again. Another pull and I'm getting excited. Still no cigar. After some more screwing around, he says it seems water has gotten into some electronics on the dyno somewhere so no HP numbers show. Damn. We did see however that my A/F ratio looked good. I need to know! Anyway I will be going to the dyno operators shop next week to finish this whole thing. I have an 09 with a full Yoshimura pipe, PCV, Autotune, K&N air filter and ZX14 tb's with flies removed. I will post my results.

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 06:48:05 AM »
I went to the open house at my local dealer. They had free dyno runs. I waited in line for 1 1/2 hours in the rain. Finally my turn. Everything is hooked up and the dyno operator does a couple of pulls. He stops and starts fiddling with his computer. Re-boots it and starts again. Another pull and I'm getting excited. Still no cigar. After some more screwing around, he says it seems water has gotten into some electronics on the dyno somewhere so no HP numbers show. Damn. We did see however that my A/F ratio looked good. I need to know! Anyway I will be going to the dyno operators shop next week to finish this whole thing. I have an 09 with a full Yoshimura pipe, PCV, Autotune, K&N air filter and ZX14 tb's with flies removed. I will post my results.

Did you use a Yoshimura full system that was designed for the ZX-14?  If so, did it just bolt up without modifications?

Offline capt chaos

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 05:17:56 AM »
2010 GTR1400 Magnesium

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 06:53:51 AM »
^ Does that bike have ZX-14 throttle bodies installed?  Because that's what this thread was pertaining to.

Offline capt chaos

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 09:21:03 AM »
^ Does that bike have ZX-14 throttle bodies installed?  Because that's what this thread was pertaining to.

No, Topic is "HOW MUCH POWER?" 144  :)
2010 GTR1400 Magnesium

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 10:53:47 AM »
Does the ZX14 tb affect the traction control in 2011 C14's?

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 12:11:11 PM »
Does the ZX14 tb affect the traction control in 2011 C14's?

Just speculation here but I would say yes it would affect the KTRAC.  It might be so small of a difference to be noticeable but KTRAC makes me want to stick with the 2009 and older bikes since the power has gotten so addictive after pulling the flies.   
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline stlhrsrdr

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 09:52:43 AM »
my buddy has a dyno about a block from my house.he bought it second hand,and the guy he bought it from is suppose to be down here today to show him how to tune with it.i'm waiting  to install my zx14 tb untill after his "training". we did do a pull with my connie just for giggles,and it showed 157hp.WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE SET UP OF THE DYNO,was just a pull to be doing a pull.
my bike is an '08 with full area P,k/n filter,flies removed,and a PC III with fuel moto map.as soon as he gets his training,we'll do another pull before the tb swap.then i will install the zx14 tb and tune.i'll let ya'll know what we come up with.

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 10:43:59 AM »
my buddy has a dyno about a block from my house.he bought it second hand,and the guy he bought it from is suppose to be down here today to show him how to tune with it.i'm waiting  to install my zx14 tb untill after his "training". we did do a pull with my connie just for giggles,and it showed 157hp.WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE SET UP OF THE DYNO,was just a pull to be doing a pull.
my bike is an '08 with full area P,k/n filter,flies removed,and a PC III with fuel moto map.as soon as he gets his training,we'll do another pull before the tb swap.then i will install the zx14 tb and tune.i'll let ya'll know what we come up with.

Sweet!  Make sure to keep us updated.

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 05:00:09 PM »
Sweet!  Make sure to keep us updated.

+1

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »
Just speculation here but I would say yes it would affect the KTRAC.  It might be so small of a difference to be noticeable but KTRAC makes me want to stick with the 2009 and older bikes since the power has gotten so addictive after pulling the flies.

OK, I'm screwed.   well sort of.   I went into my local Kawi dealer today and talked to the "lead" bike mechanic.  Nice guy, let me just get that out of the way.  But, when I asked if pulling the flies on my 2011 would affect the traction control, his anwser was "I don't think it would really affect it that much"?   I would think that it either would or it wouldn't.   Then I asked him what he thought I could do to get some more low end power/torque out of the bike.  He suggested at first a slip-on, and then later changed his answer to a PCV.   I am no mechanic, but I couldn't imagine that just adding a PCV would give me the desired increases I am looking for or enough to even feel a difference would it?

Offline nsrrider

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 11:21:51 AM »

cool!....your current set up is just like mine.......cant wait!

Offline Barry

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
ZX-14 TBs going in later this week.  WHOO HOO!  SOTP Dyno report after first ride... and more after trims are accepted.

Barry

Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Area P full exhaust, PC-V, Autotune, filter, flys out.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »
ZX-14 TBs going in later this week.  WHOO HOO!  SOTP Dyno report after first ride... and more after trims are accepted.

Barry
You going to do a"before" dyno run also? The comparison would be cool.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.