Author Topic: Just got back from the dyno  (Read 2145 times)

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
Just got back from the dyno
« on: April 04, 2012, 05:36:21 PM »
I had bought a full titanium exhaust and PCV from a member here a while back. I got them installed along with a new K&N air filter and did a flyectomy. The member I got the PCV for said it was the same setup as his bike with his map. I ran it a couple weeks and it was definitely stronger than stock. Today I finally had time to get it in the shop to be sure the map I had wasn't too out of wack. They showed me the first few pulls all around the 124hp range. The AFR looked real good, right around 12.5-13. They ran it a bunch after these first pulls. They have a big window where you can watch it being done. I know they were in there over two hours running it and tweaking on the PCV settings. After they were all done, the gave me the sheets. They ended up at 147hp @ 9200. The thing I don't really understand is that the AFRs are essentially unchanged. Were they making other changes that don't show on the sheet or something? If the AFRs don't change, where did the boost in HP come from? Did they just play dyno games to make it look like they really tweaked it in but in reality did nothing for it?
At this point, I'm wondering if they were just blowing smoke up my ass!

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike

Son of Pappy

Re: Just got back from the dyno
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 05:51:08 PM »
What does the seat of yer pants dyno say?  That is a pretty significant change.

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 05:58:22 PM »
Something is definitely fishy there.  A completely stock bike should dyno higher than 124hp.  The 147 seems pretty consistent with what most people get with a full system.  I'm no expert but I think the fueling would have to be off by quite a bit at the higher RPMs to be costing you 20+ hp.  Can you post the dyno charts?
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline basmntdweller

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »
I'll try to scan them and see how they look. Really cheap looking dot matrix printer sheets. Either that or the program just makes them look that way.
Didn't really have a chance to rip on it bringing it home so not sure yet on seat of the pants thing. I know just after adding all the upgrades the front end would lift right at 6000rpm in 1st. I tried a short blast and I think it lifted around 5000 but was trying to watch too much traffic when I did it so not really sure.
Just watching through the window, it looked like they were running it right up to redline in 4th, I think about 150mph but not sure. It didn't seem to take long to get there though!

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »
Did you run a dyno base line chart prior to the mods BMD? That's really the only true way to see gains IMO as many factors come into play with dyno charts, temps, dyno calibration, etc...

When you get your charts scanned in post them on the dyno thread, link below:

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=312.msg42420#msg42420

Offline basmntdweller

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 03:32:27 AM »
here's a pdf of the dyno sheet.

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350