Author Topic: Sargent low seat  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Z71

Sargent low seat
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:07:53 PM »
Who has the best price on Sargent low height seat?   

Offline accbiker

Re: Sargent low seat
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 07:12:24 PM »
If you have a little patience and persistent, you usually can pick up a slightly used one in the for sale section for around $300.  They seem to come up a few times every month.

-David
Athens, GA

Offline Z71

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 07:16:55 PM »
If you have a little patience and persistent, you usually can pick up a slightly used one in the for sale section for around $300.  They seem to come up a few times every month.

-David
Athens, GA

Thanks.  New ones are quite pricey.  The best price I found so far on a new one is $ 440. My problem is that every time something like a good used seat appears in the classifieds on this forum, someone will always beat me to it. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 08:16:19 PM »
Thanks.  New ones are quite pricey.  The best price I found so far on a new one is $ 440. My problem is that every time something like a good used seat appears in the classifieds on this forum, someone will always beat me to it.

Yeah, quality seats are not cheap.  I paid $750 for my Sargent low seat (with shipping), but that was including the storage pod, heated seat, and chili controller.  I have been very happy with it (other than wishing it were a bit lower) so it was well worth the money.  Finding a used one is probably going to be pretty rare.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »

I do not know this seller, so do your own research, just saw it posted because it's somewhat local to me and I always troll CL... The price seems really nice, it's not a Sargent but maybe another low seat option for you Z71...  :-\
http://salem.craigslist.org/mcy/2697644282.html

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 09:18:59 PM »

I do not know this seller, so do your own research, just saw it posted because it's somewhat local to me and I always troll CL... The price seems really nice, it's not a Sargent but maybe another low seat option for you Z71...  :-\
http://salem.craigslist.org/mcy/2697644282.html
That's a helluva price on the factory gel. I like mine, but it is very susceptible to temp changes (hard in winter, HOT in summer). I've kinda just gotten used to it, and it's served me well for the 25k+ miles that it's been on the bike.