Author Topic: Help installing upper bolt on Muzzy's lowering links  (Read 4070 times)

Offline daringdave

Help installing upper bolt on Muzzy's lowering links
« on: March 15, 2012, 12:53:30 PM »
I am trying to get my 2010 Connie set-up where I can reach the ground comfortably.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I used the search function, with no helpful results.

I am installing a set of Muzzy Lowering Links. Is there any shortcut to removing/installing the upper bolt that doesn't clear the exhaust pipe? Or do I have to remove/loosen the exhaust pipe?

Thanks,

dave
2010 Neptune Blue

Offline daringdave

Re: Help installing upper bolt on Muzzy's lowering links
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:43:29 PM »
I figured out that if I lifted the tire off the floor using a floor jack, I could get the bolt higher than the exhaust pipe for removal. No need to remove the exhaust pipe.
Thanks, anyway.
dave
2010 Neptune Blue

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 04:52:58 PM »
Yep, you answered your own question :)   It can be very frustrating to get that bolt out for some reason.  Remember that you will need to lower the front end also, to match.

Anyway, this is what you were searching for (although it doesn't address the bolt, specifically):

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=260
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline daringdave

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
Thanks, Maxtog, for the link. I'll be looking at lowering the front next... I'm waiting for my low profile seat to get here from Sargent. Maybe it will get here AND it will stop raining in CA on Saturday so I can get this bad boy out on the road!
Ride On,
dave
2010 Neptune Blue

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 09:28:49 PM »
Thanks, Maxtog, for the link. I'll be looking at lowering the front next...

Do it quickly/soon.  Lowering the rear without lowering the front by the same amount will affect handling and steering....   It was surprisingly easy too (just make SURE you raise the forks by EXACTLY the same amount on each).

I'm waiting for my low profile seat to get here from Sargent. Maybe it will get here AND it will stop raining in CA on Saturday so I can get this bad boy out on the road!

Sounds like you are setting up like mine....  have handlebar risers yet?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline daringdave

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 11:51:31 PM »
Yes, I got Murph's risers and spacers and have them installed. I also got a Stebel horn that I will install after I figure out how to raise the forks. I'll re-look at your link tomorrow or do a search on the procedure. Thanks for your help so far.
2010 Neptune Blue