Author Topic: Confession  (Read 3861 times)

Offline Gsun

Confession
« on: September 26, 2011, 09:40:55 PM »
My name is Gregg and I am a Connie dropper.

I backed the bike into the garage as always. I was putting it on the center stand, as always. I guess it was not balanced on the stand properly and it fell away from me. I let out some cuss words and put it down as gently as possible. It sounded like a loud crunch, but when I got it back upright, there was little damage! There are a couple of slight scratches on the mid fairing, the bar end and the peg. The most is on the saddle bag. The front lower corner has rash. All in all, I got off lucky!!!

Offline Cold Streak

Re: Confession
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:12:54 AM »
Why do you put it on the centerstand "as always"?  I've always considered the centerstand an item that is only useful while doing maintenance on the bike.  Any other time it is somewhat stressful to get the bike up on it (although relatively easy on the C14) and it is less stable while up there.  I always park the bike in gear with the side stand down and it's never tipped over, even during the hurricane at the 1st MotoGP in Indianapolis.

Offline mcclaskeyj

• Adventure...redefined
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 02:34:57 PM »
Sorry to hear that! I usually keep mine on the CS as well, it saves room for the car in my garage.

You planning on fixing the scratches?
'83 C70 Honda Passport   '06 Honda Rebel 250
'76 Kawasaki KZ400          '79 Suzuki GS1000L
'04 Kawasaki Ninja 250     '07 C14 ABS  '09 C14 Red                            '08 CRF230L
http://www.bikepics.com/members/mcclaskeyj/

Offline booger

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »
Welcome Gregg.

We all share the same misfortune. You are not alone:-\

Offline Gsun

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »
Why do you put it on the centerstand "as always"?  I've always considered the centerstand an item that is only useful while doing maintenance on the bike.  Any other time it is somewhat stressful to get the bike up on it (although relatively easy on the C14) and it is less stable while up there.  I always park the bike in gear with the side stand down and it's never tipped over, even during the hurricane at the 1st MotoGP in Indianapolis.

I find it easier to do tire pressure checks, oil checks, and I have a work bench that is on the side with the side stand so not a lot of room to lean. My son's scooter takes up the other side of the garage. Always seem to be adjusting this or that as well and find it easier.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:11:27 PM »

You planning on fixing the scratches?

Probably not, but you never know. Probably would just sell the bike (when the time comes) with wear and tear and adjust the price accordingly. Probably more scratches to come!

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 05:04:55 PM »
Probably not, but you never know. Probably would just sell the bike (when the time comes) with wear and tear and adjust the price accordingly. Probably more scratches to come!

same train here. I also dropped it almost 2 years ago, and just stomached the bitter experienced and moved on. I'm not planning to sell any time soon so I don't mind, and the scratches are truly minor.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.