Author Topic: C14 PIC THREAD - Show us your Connie!!  (Read 383785 times)

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
Re: C14 PIC THREAD - Show us your Connie!!
« Reply #580 on: January 31, 2018, 08:23:44 PM »
Finally got her out on Sunday for about 60 miles. Was 45 degrees here in Indiana those heated grips are the bomb! Havent got any good pics yet. It looks more like the color in the second pic above, dark charcoal.

That is the worst part of buying a new bike this time of year... getting the time and weather to sync up to where you can get some riding time in. I'm still fighting to get my break in miles completed.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Eggman

« Reply #581 on: February 01, 2018, 06:09:49 AM »
Havent got any good pics yet. It looks more like the color in the second pic above, dark charcoal.

Actually it's the 3rd (last) pic above. Does anyone know what the earlier color is called? Black Spark Metallic is what they call the 2018 but it sure looks different than the others.
Current Stable:
2018 Concours 14-2005 V-Star 1100 Silverado
1983 CB650 Custom restored-2017 Versys 650
2007 V-Star 650 Silverado

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #582 on: February 01, 2018, 03:02:52 PM »
Actually it's the 3rd (last) pic above. Does anyone know what the earlier color is called? Black Spark Metallic is what they call the 2018 but it sure looks different than the others.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=20250.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Eggman

« Reply #583 on: March 08, 2018, 05:03:19 PM »
Took a short ride on Sunday. Was around 40 degrees. I was impressed with the wind protection on my legs. Proper!
Current Stable:

Offline Eggman

« Reply #584 on: March 08, 2018, 05:21:43 PM »
 8)
Current Stable:

Offline bowtie39

« Reply #585 on: April 20, 2018, 07:14:26 PM »
The '16 is nice....but for sale.  Have lost the thrill of the hunt I suppose. 
'16 Moondust Gray....gone  2001....the keeper

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #586 on: May 03, 2018, 05:07:33 PM »
Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I've posted here. I got rid of my 2012 about 3 years ago and have been on the Triumph Trophy since and am planning on buying a new Concours when I am finished with this bike. I am curious about 1 thing on the newer Concours, the windscreen with the vent...does that really make a big difference riding with the vent in open position(s)? I remember the windscreen one the earlier models being really bad! I have been wondering about the vent and how effective it is...anyone? I'm asking here because you guys that have the new bikes are using that feature...would love to know! Nice bikes btw ;)

Thanks,
Mike
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline bowtie39

« Reply #587 on: May 03, 2018, 06:09:00 PM »
IMO windscreens are so variable to each rider.  The OEM on the '16 was OK at best for me.  What I didn't like....it is lightly made, seemed to vibrate more and just a couple inches too low.  So I found a used CeeBailey and am happier with it. 

The vent is supposed to eliminate back pressure on rider.  Maybe.  But the CeeBailey, to me, doesn't create back pressure.  And I can raise it just enough to see over without ill effects. 

To each his own,
Roger 
'16 Moondust Gray....gone  2001....the keeper

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #588 on: May 03, 2018, 08:04:05 PM »
On the stock 2010-2014 windscreen, there is back pressure, but just raising it an inch relieves most of it.  I think of the 2015+ "mailbox" vent as more of just that, a vent.  It allows more airflow for cooling that you can get without it.  Me, I just switch to a cut-down (shortened) stock screen when it starts to get hot, then switch back to the stock when it starts to get cold.  WAY more effective for cooling (can get massive amounts of air).  But the trick is picking WHEN to make that switch :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #589 on: May 04, 2018, 02:13:23 AM »
I am curious about 1 thing on the newer Concours, the windscreen with the vent...does that really make a big difference riding with the vent in open position(s)?

On the stock 2010-2014 windscreen, there is back pressure, but just raising it an inch relieves most of it.
For YOU maybe, but remember how little agreement there is on windshields, seats and bars.
Nothing but all the way down worked for me, with every windshield I tried except the Aeroflow...but that thing really flopped around and it was unsightly. I even tried the Madstad brackets.
I think of the 2015+ "mailbox" vent as more of just that, a vent.  It allows more airflow for cooling that you can get without it. 
That may be the way YOU think of it, but it works more for a back pressure vent than a cooling vent for ME. I generally ride with the screen all the way down, but in the very cold, the heavy rain, or to get some more quiet to talk on the phone, then I need it up and then the back pressure really kicks in for me. A half hour in the rain with the windshield up and my neck muscles were screaming at me.
I installed the new vented OEM windshield on my 2010 model and the vent is the only thing that has really helped with that when my shield is up. So yes, the vent is a big help, for ME, but for you  Mikeb2411, I'm afraid we can only say maybe. With shields, seats and bars and even footpegs sometimes, it's a crap shoot as to what will work for you.

AHH  I need to go to bed, Conrad will be getting up in an hour to get it on with the Mrs on with his day, and I won't have had my first dream yet.  ???

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #590 on: May 04, 2018, 05:51:19 AM »
It is very true that screens and bars and seats and helmets etc are very different for different people.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #591 on: May 04, 2018, 12:53:50 PM »
so, on the Trophy (hate to bring it up) the windscreen on that bike is really good! They did a great job with theirs, no need for an aftermarket screen and I was hoping that the new windscreen for the Concours was an improvement but sounds as if I will have to test that myself...darn, another test ride :P

Anyway, I miss hanging out in here and hope to be back on another C14 before too long...I do miss that bike, especially with the SISF flash! I am watching Kawaskaki and waiting to see if they add something like ESA. CC is something we can add but the ESA is really handy to have and I am hoping they add it to C14...SOON!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #592 on: May 12, 2018, 02:15:04 AM »
On the stock 2010-2014 windscreen, there is back pressure, but just raising it an inch relieves most of it.  I think of the 2015+ "mailbox" vent as more of just that, a vent.  It allows more airflow for cooling that you can get without it.  Me, I just switch to a cut-down (shortened) stock screen when it starts to get hot, then switch back to the stock when it starts to get cold.  WAY more effective for cooling (can get massive amounts of air).  But the trick is picking WHEN to make that switch :)

Agreed. Am just now exploring this kinda stuff and I'm coming to the conclusion that I don't need a fancy vented anything, just something that is going to direct air where I want it. The stock screen will do that, as long as I remember to use the raising and lowering options. Duh.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Gilbysan

« Reply #593 on: May 21, 2018, 05:23:55 PM »
Coggers,

Ok here you go.  My Connie.  Recently painted by Justin at Vision Collision in Burien, WA.  Lots of pearl and glass with the blue.  We did high gloss black accents on the bags and trunk, fins, fairing lowers, top fairing cover, tank cover and fork covers and I am very happy with the way it turned out.  This is before I found the new badges in black and mounted the Top Block tip over bars.  I will update when I retake some pics.

Safe riding!

Gilbysan
Gilbysan aka - Fat Ninja

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #594 on: May 21, 2018, 06:15:15 PM »
Nice!

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #595 on: May 21, 2018, 06:21:58 PM »
Beautiful color Gilbysan!
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #596 on: July 20, 2018, 04:46:50 PM »
Lovely! Hope you can think about accenting all of that with some Canyon Cages. Would be a shame to go down and spoil all of that.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #597 on: July 20, 2018, 04:58:25 PM »
Lovely! Hope you can think about accenting all of that with some Canyon Cages. Would be a shame to go down and spoil all of that.

+1

It is well worth the cost/effort.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #598 on: July 22, 2018, 09:06:43 AM »

+1

It is well worth the cost/effort.

ahhh...you guys want him to put Canyon cages on after he spent that money on top blocks??? Pretty sure he can only do one or the other and I think he has already chosen. Now maybe some saddlebag protectors might be prudent.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #599 on: July 22, 2018, 09:53:37 AM »
ahhh...you guys want him to put Canyon cages on after he spent that money on top blocks???

I was not aware he already had tipover protection[/quote]

Now maybe some saddlebag protectors might be prudent.

I would, indeed, recommend rear protection (canyons) even if top blocks are installed, because I don't believe the top blocks offer adequate rear protection.