Poll

Vote to be part of the KIPASS BYPASS MOD by BDF

Vote to be part of the buy....
100 (87.7%)
Don't press this button.......
14 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF  (Read 191953 times)

Offline Barry

• Arena
Re: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2013, 04:17:53 PM »
Installed mine last night.  Bought it about a year ago.  Sad, true.  literally a 15 minute job, tools out to tools back and hands washed.  Tested it, worked EXACTLY as described. 

Buy one.

Barry
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Area P full exhaust, PC-V, Autotune, filter, flys out.

Offline Glennn

• Metric Rider
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2013, 11:56:15 PM »
Another happy customer.  Just installed the bypass now, hardest part was getting the damn existing connector apart. 

Thanks, Brian!!
2012 Midnight Sapphire Blue 1400GTR
1999 Yamaha Road Star
Canberra, Australia
CDA #390

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2013, 06:13:33 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. Glad the install went well for you.

The connector is tight but that is because it is very well sealed so really it is 'a good thing'. Those things really are waterproof.

Brian (trying to rid the world of KiPass failures, one bike at a time)

Another happy customer.  Just installed the bypass now, hardest part was getting the damn existing connector apart. 

Thanks, Brian!!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »
Finally, at long last, there is now a website that makes the KiPass activation switch bypass available. No information yet but I am still trying to figure out how to make scrolling text pages. But the site is functional and will also function as inventory control; if the 'Buy' button works then I have some in stock. If inventory is exhausted, the buy function will not work until the stock is replenished. Or at least that is how I think it will work if I have set it up correctly.  ::)

www.InControlne.com

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2013, 05:20:59 PM »
Update: 10 July 2013, the site will now accept payment for the bypass or anything else listed.

Finally, at long last, there is now a website that makes the KiPass activation switch bypass available. No information yet but I am still trying to figure out how to make scrolling text pages. But the site is functional and will also function as inventory control; if the 'Buy' button works then I have some in stock. If inventory is exhausted, the buy function will not work until the stock is replenished. Or at least that is how I think it will work if I have set it up correctly.  ::)

www.InControlne.com

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2013, 04:13:37 AM »
Really?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2013, 06:20:06 AM »
Sure, works great. And now you can buy more than one if you want. I dare you, no I DOUBLE DARE you to try it. Buy two.

:rotflmao:

Brian

Really?

Offline BobK

« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2013, 07:06:58 AM »
I just bought my 2011 and realize that I probably won't need this it is nice to know I won't be stuck on the road in case the switch goes bad. Brian, I just ordered the unit, can you get to the fuse holder without having to remove anything i.e. just reach in and find it?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
Yes. I just leave mine hanging (easy boys!) and reach under the cover to find it. Some people prefer to mount the fuse holder cover to the fairing cover or similar. It comes with sticky backed Velcro hook 'n loop fastener already on the fuse holder cover so the choice is up to you.

Your harness will go out tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the order.

I sold one to a gentleman a week or so ago who's bike had the switch stuck closed all the time. He was negotiating with either his dealer or Kawasaki to fix the ign. switch ass'y but that is really what should happen, under warranty IMO. But at the moment, he was using the bypass to start the bike every-time. Glad to provide a useful device but sorry to hear he needed it so often.

Brian

I just bought my 2011 and realize that I probably won't need this it is nice to know I won't be stuck on the road in case the switch goes bad. Brian, I just ordered the unit, can you get to the fuse holder without having to remove anything i.e. just reach in and find it?

Offline BigAlan

« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2013, 02:24:31 AM »
OK dumb as question time, i have a 11 bike so what does this bypass thingy do, replace, benefit us?

Just got here on this thread and have looked, everybody seems to want one but i have no idea what it is or does.

Alan
2011 in Black

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2013, 04:09:55 AM »
OK dumb as question time, i have a 11 bike so what does this bypass thingy do, replace, benefit us?

Just got here on this thread and have looked, everybody seems to want one but i have no idea what it is or does.

Alan
Kind of like your first girlfriend.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2013, 01:39:28 PM »
I just saw this question.

What the bypass is and what it does are defined earlier in this thread. There are pictures here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6976.msg82841#msg82841

The bypass bypasses a stuck activation switch on KiPass. When you press the key down to 'wake up' the bike, you are using the KiPass activation switch. Occasionally, that switch sticks and as a result the bike cannot be started until that switch is fixed or some type of bypass used. This is a user- installable bypass that is put into the bike before that switch sticks and if and when it does, the bypass is readily available and an easy way to work around that stuck activation switch.

Do a Google search, or a search on this forum for KiPass and 'stuck kipass', '[put bad words here] KiPass', etc. and you will find a wealth of information. Well, perhaps not a wealth actually but certainly a lot of it.  ;)

If you have any specific questions ask away and I will be happy to answer them.

Brian

Alan

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2013, 01:43:18 PM »

What the bypass is and what it does are defined earlier in this thread. There are pictures here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6976.msg82841#msg82841

The bypass bypasses a stuck activation switch on KiPass. When you press the key down to 'wake up' the bike, you are using the KiPass activation switch. Occasionally, that switch sticks and as a result the bike cannot be started until that switch is fixed hammered/cursed into submission or some type of bypass used. This is a user- installable bypass that is put into the bike before that switch sticks and if and when it does, the bypass is readily available and an easy way to work around that stuck activation switch.

Do a Google search, or a search on this forum for KiPass and 'stuck kipass', '[put bad words here] KiPass', etc. and you will find a wealth of information. Well, perhaps not a wealth actually but certainly a lot of it.  ;)

Brian

FIFY
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2013, 01:50:58 PM »
Yeah, nothing screams 'elegant' like screaming at and beating on your bike with a rock.... For those people, we will soon be coming out (easy boys!) with a new model bypass that the owner operates by unscrewing the wirenut and scraping the wires against each other. ;D

Brian

FIFY

Offline BigAlan

« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »

The bypass bypasses a stuck activation switch on KiPass. When you press the key down to 'wake up' the bike, you are using the KiPass activation switch. Occasionally, that switch sticks and as a result the bike cannot be started until that switch is fixed or some type of bypass used. This is a user- installable bypass that is put into the bike before that switch sticks and if and when it does, the bypass is readily available and an easy way to work around that stuck activation switch.

Brian

Ahh thats what it does, well how much are these gadgets and who can supply me with one?

Thanks
Alan
2011 in Black

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2013, 02:58:03 PM »
The man above...  B.D.F.

Offline BigAlan

« Reply #156 on: November 27, 2013, 03:30:36 PM »
Yeah, nothing screams 'elegant' like screaming at and beating on your bike with a rock.... For those people, we will soon be coming out (easy boys!) with a new model bypass that the owner operates by unscrewing the wirenut and scraping the wires against each other. ;D

Brian

Mr BDF, how much inc postage to the UK for one of these special gadgets please?

Thanks
Alan
2011 in Black

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2013, 03:47:02 PM »
Ah, the UK.... sorry to bear bad news but that is a little pricey unfortunately. I charge actual shipping costs and to the UK it is $10 (US dollars, sorry but I do not know the USD -> GBP conversion) w/out tracking number or insurance, and an additional $13 for tracking and insurance for a total shipping price of $23 (!!). The price of the harness itself is $50 and includes shipping but only in the US. For whatever reason, shipping outside the US is very expensive using our postal service (or any other than I have found). And it is less convenient for me as well because I actually have to go to the post office with international packages while domestic shipping is done via postal pickup. Even Kirby thinks the whole international shipping thing is a little.... <wait for it> nuts.

Shipping time is usually pretty quick although the last one I shipped to the UK took a couple of weeks- maybe it got hung up in customs? Normal time is more like a week or so.

You can dilute the cost of shipping somewhat by buying both a KiPass activation switch bypass as well as the Low fuel warning eliminator at the same time- shipping cost remains at the above stated price but both items will come in the same box. A thread about the low fuel warning eliminator is here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=13852.0

And we can be on a first-name basis if you want so feel free to call me B.  ;D  (Brian)

As always, please feel free to ask any questions either on the forum directly or via e-mail (under my name on the top / left of this page- the little letter icon).

Brian

Mr BDF, how much inc postage to the UK for one of these special gadgets please?

Thanks
Alan

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2013, 04:31:50 PM »
BigAlan, find a few others on the island that would be interested and share the shipping cost.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2013, 05:25:39 PM »
Good idea- I will work with a group (easy boys!).

By the way, the first time I read that sentence I though it said "BigAlan, find a few others on the island that would be inebriated and share the shipping cost."  ;D

Brian

BigAlan, find a few others on the island that would be interested and share the shipping cost.