Author Topic: i took a pic of my new camera  (Read 15185 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
i took a pic of my new camera
« on: May 13, 2011, 02:39:37 PM »
well...new to me anyway  

The Jiffy Kodak Six-20 is a folding camera for 620 film rolls made by Eastman Kodak Co. Ltd. Rochester in the years from 1933 to 1937. My parents passed it on to me when i was in Carolinas for mother's day.

Its amazing what i went through to find film for this contraption. BHPhoto saved the day for me and some pre-historic film is on order!

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
Re: i took a pic of my new camera
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 02:55:17 PM »
What's the MegaPixel count?
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Bergmenized

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 02:56:45 PM »
It's the processing you will have to worry about. There are very few labs that know (or care) how to do this any more without wrecking the negs.

Dan

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 04:04:30 PM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 04:05:11 PM »
It's the processing you will have to worry about. There are very few labs that know (or care) how to do this any more without wrecking the negs.

Dan

thanks - you know of one in particular you like?  I've got the names of a few BHPhoto suggested but yea thats a crap shoot

Bergmenized

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 09:29:11 AM »
thanks - you know of one in particular you like?  I've got the names of a few BHPhoto suggested but yea thats a crap shoot

My old favorite, Skrudland in Texas, went POOF. I haven't shot film in so long I have not kept up to date on reputable processors (although I DO have a pile of film, including Kodachrome, in the freezer).

I'm just one of those creaky holdouts since I have a shelf loaded with professional 35mm camera equipment (all Canon, F-1, New F-1, etc.). Probably never take 'em out again.

Dan

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 08:40:51 PM »
I ain't playin' around.....   I actually USED that cam

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 04:24:15 AM »
My old favorite, Skrudland in Texas, went POOF. I haven't shot film in so long I have not kept up to date on reputable processors (although I DO have a pile of film, including Kodachrome, in the freezer).

I'm just one of those creaky holdouts since I have a shelf loaded with professional 35mm camera equipment (all Canon, F-1, New F-1, etc.). Probably never take 'em out again.

Dan

As a pro photog, I'm one of those who also misses film . . . except I love being able to shoot multiple shots without any financial repercussions.

I know Skrudland's. In Chicago area as well. The son of the owner was a damn fast motocross racer who I knew well and who I have hundreds of photos of from races.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 09:38:41 AM »

Dan

Why wouldn't you take them out? 

I still shoot 35mm sometime too in an old Minox 35 EL.  And you have those NICE 35mms collecting a little dust.  I never heard of Skrudland but for my piddling i have a lab in Tampa that does my "keeper" 35mm pics fairly cheap, and walgreens does the initial "look at these" cheap developing

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 10:14:50 AM »
Dang, now I want to dust off the old Rollei 126 SLR or the 35mm spit frame Robots.
The Robots are no problem but the 126 film for the Rollei is a whole nuther thang.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 10:44:50 AM »
Dang, now I want to dust off the old Rollei 126 SLR or the 35mm spit frame Robots.
The Robots are no problem but the 126 film for the Rollei is a whole nuther thang.

wow, I'd like to see pics.  Seems this place has some 126 film http://www.frugalphotographer.com/cat126.htm, or there's some youtube videos on how to load 35mm film into the 126 cartridges if you search

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 10:57:08 AM »
The problem with using 35mm in a 126 is the 35 has too many perf holes. The film will only advance one perf hole . The 2nd advance mechanism which meters the film properly is operated by the location of the perf in the film. The film rides over the pin and the motor runs. When the perf hole in the film reaches the pin, it goes through the hole, shutting off the motor (or preventing further winding with a manual camera).
Can't upload pics, only have this here Dingle Berry phone. I can fix cameras, not operate Black Berrys.

Gotta get back to work on this big azz 35mm camera which uses cassettes like a 126 but is electromechanical and operates on 110AC. We designed and built them here at work.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!