Author Topic: BMW S1000RR  (Read 1821 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
BMW S1000RR
« on: September 03, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »
I test road one. 

All I can say is it pulls like my ZX14 did but yet has handling better than my 600RR track bikes.  An experience I've never had on two wheels. 

I didn't buy it. Unlike jap bikes I just can't find a good deal, not even a fly n ride.  And homie here won't pay retail plus delaer fees and such for anything.  I was told year-end would be some BMW provided incentives so I'm still on the fence.

Man wow I've been without a fast bike for far far too long.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: BMW S1000RR
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 08:05:50 PM »
You looking for new or used Steve? This one is local to me, I could pick you up from PDX airport and host you for the night...

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcd/3247647442.html

Happy hunting!  :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »

Offline pistole

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 02:41:09 AM »
- am also lusting for one of these. But there's a recall on for con-rod bolts in the newest version and you'll need to avoid some of the affected chassis numbers.

- but can't really go wrong with a bike that weighs 180kgs and produced about 190bhp , esp with the full electronics package , DTC , ABS , QS.

- there's a HP version out (or out shortly) with electronic Ohlins.

Offline NuckaMan

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 02:26:05 PM »
Without a doubt this bike is a real-deal-holyfield.

I know guys who were able to put out honest-to-goodness 192HP on a STOCK bike. Other than strict bolt-ons (air filter/fuel management/full-system), nothing was done to the motor....no blue-printing, no cams, no timing changes, no headwork. Even the drivetrain was stock, not even a change to the slack.

I've been fortunate enough to put down some laps with the BMW...truly is a fanastic motorcycle. WAY overkill for the streets, but an absolute weapon on the track. I briefly considered the 1000rr as my touring bike of choice, cause it is quite comfy for me and offers heated-grips from the factory but thought better of it and got the Concours instead.

I do hear rumors that BMW is working a 600rr....if they can recreate the experience of the 1000rr in a 600rr, I would probably buy it and keep the plate on it.

Kawi's 10r is quite the performer from what I understand, haven't ridden the new one though. But if history repeats itself, Kawi isn't known to offer a durable and long-lasting race motor in their superbikes (BMW isn't proven either for that matter).