Author Topic: need a new horn  (Read 18681 times)

Offline viper

Re: need a new horn
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2014, 02:21:00 PM »
I fitted a car set of air horns, I did the steblis naut before these and these are mucho louder,

plenty of space under the fairing

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2014, 05:55:02 PM »
Stebel Nautilus.  No perfect mounting scheme, but LOUD, compact, reliable, reasonably priced.  I used that wonderful harness and modified it so I run the stock electric horn WITH the Nautilus through the relay.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=286.0
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=3104.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2014, 01:12:06 PM »
If you live up to your handle not too many are going to look down on you.  ;)

He is a pretty good sized fella, fortunately a gentle giant.  :thumbs:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline PH14

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2014, 01:38:14 PM »
I say go with this one.  :finger_fing11:

http://youtu.be/8OU5zrh1TQg

Offline BudCallaghan

• Rider proficiency determines worth of horsepower
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2014, 03:33:19 AM »
The silver bitch sounds like a dying duck so I want to replace the horn. And I'm not putting another oem squak box on it. When I had my TL I put a VW horn on it, it sounded okay but I want to hear options and opinions...go

Pictured below is the air horn I purchased more than four years ago and am always pleased with its output.  I don't use it often but when I do use a horn I want to be heard.  With this one I am heard by everyone.  It mounts easily behind the radiator on the left side of the bike and is connected to a relay that is fed by a direct lead to the battery and the relay is triggered by the stock horn wiring.  A very simple and easily fabricated bracket holds it in place.

Never let schooling interfere with your education or your ambition.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2014, 06:02:44 AM »
Good solution, Bud.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.