Author Topic: 2013 Yamaha FJR has Factory Cruise, Traction Control - Just Ordered One  (Read 17729 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: 2013 Yamaha FJR has Factory Cruise, Traction Control - Just Ordered One
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 09:27:43 AM »
I step through the bike instead of trying to swing a leg over.

Then I steady the bike upright and lean forward.

My wife uses my shoulder and steps on the left footpeg with her left foot and then steps through and puts her right foot on the right footpeg and sits down.

The only bike I don't step through is the dual sport.

I wish I could do that but would need longer legs and more flexibility. Something I'm not expecting in the near future.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 04:00:17 PM »
Between my 2 C-14s I've owned (2008 C-14 44,000 miles and 2010 C-14 38,000 miles. 82,000 miles total). My wife has never even asked for a ride. Two of my sons have taken short trips with me and they get on after me. I could get on after them with the bike on the sidestand, but it doesn"t really make much of a difference. Maybe my wife will take a ride on the new 2011 Silver I"m waiting to get assembled.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2012, 04:11:01 PM »
What are they giving you for your trade. The dealers wouldn't show me anything positive for my 2010 as a trade, so I am keeping it for now.
I do still want the 3 year warranty that Kawi offers.
I buy a 5 year unlimited tire/rim insurance for $320 from Zurich. (bought it for my 2010 and got 4 free tires replaced due to nails.)
I have full replacement coverage for the first 2 years of coverage through Foremost. When I totaled my 2008 I ended up with a check for $12,300 instead of just $7,000 (ACV). It ended up being 110% of what I paid for the bike.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Makz58

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 10:02:35 AM »
I step through the bike instead of trying to swing a leg over.

Then I steady the bike upright and lean forward.

My wife uses my shoulder and steps on the left footpeg with her left foot and then steps through and puts her right foot on the right footpeg and sits down.

The only bike I don't step through is the dual sport.
This is the way my wife does it also works like a charm..I mount it like a horse on side stand left foot on peg center weight over bike and swing right leg over.
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline jayke

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2012, 11:24:41 AM »
What are they giving you for your trade. The dealers wouldn't show me anything positive for my 2010 as a trade, so I am keeping it for now.

$6K for an '08 Non-ABS with 40K miles.   I think that's reasonable given the current used bike market.

With the savings in sales taxes by trading it in, I'd have to get at least $7K to come out ahead if I sold it.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2012, 11:43:45 AM »
That sounds pretty fair. That is what they said they'd give me for my 2010 abs with 38,000 miles. I just kept it for now. It also has a lot to do with how much they are making you pay for the new bike. If it is a first year bike, you may be pretty close to msrp. I waited for leftovers.
Joel from Maine.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 04:46:23 PM »
Sounds like you got a good trade value.  I had an 07 FJR and it really was a nice bike.  Post some photos when you get it, good luck.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »
They left it a 5 speed  ???

6.6 gallon tank  ;)

I like it, but I don't like the color either

are you sure!?  That blows chunks.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline TJ

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2013, 03:33:18 PM »
Here's why I ordered the '13 FJR:

1) 40K trouble free miles on the C14, If it don't trade it soon it won't be worth anything.

Not knocking your choice of bikes as I like the FJR as well. But to think you are making a smart finanical decision to spend more now because your current ride will depreciate is just wrong on so many levels.
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 03:23:36 PM »
Enjoyed this whole thread!

Currently bike-less but considering both. I was seriously leaning toward the FJR (even signed up on two FJR forums ???), but am now leaning toward the KawCon. I had an FZR600 and two CBR900RR's back in 90's, so I definitely tend toward sport; and the Kawasaki seems to fit that bill more-so.

For you dudes having trouble getting both you and your babe on your bike, I think I'll invent The Biker Plucker - A remote control crane-like arm similar to an engine hoist that can just plop ya'll down on your bike, and when you get back, pluck you off. You'll need to wear the required body harness, but I'll make it available in colors matching your bike.