Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303366 times)

Offline j_wahl91

Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1380 on: April 09, 2020, 05:41:48 PM »
If you have Disney+ or NatGeo (National Geographic), Gordon Ramsay's series Uncharted is really cool. Portrays all sorts of interesting cultures and how they live off the land.

Movies, I've been going through the classics. Remember the Titans, The Rookie, Days of Thunder to help curb my longing for sports. Bunch of other good movies to revisit.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1381 on: April 09, 2020, 06:48:15 PM »
Restarted Killing Eve season 2, getting ready for Season 3.
That is such a good series.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1382 on: April 09, 2020, 06:49:45 PM »
+1, can't wait for 3.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1383 on: September 14, 2020, 07:27:52 AM »
We finished watching the second season of The Umbrella Academy last night.

One of the most entertaining shows that I've seen in a long time. VERY well done!!! 5 outta 5 for me.   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1384 on: September 14, 2020, 03:06:54 PM »
We finished watching the second season of The Umbrella Academy last night.

One of the most entertaining shows that I've seen in a long time. VERY well done!!! 5 outta 5 for me.

I enjoyed it, mostly.

Now watching "The Walking Dead" which varies from good to bad. 
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1385 on: September 15, 2020, 08:46:48 AM »
Watching Grimm again on Amazon Prime, as well as Silent Witness, The Loop, Upload, and many others.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1386 on: October 01, 2020, 08:07:58 PM »
"Winter", an Australian police drama.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1387 on: October 02, 2020, 01:28:01 AM »
Just started watching Yellowstone. It is OK but my wife likes it. Meh.

W/in the first three minutes I recognized it- it is 'Dallas' moved forward 40 years and up to Montana. Seriously. Even the characters from Dallas are recognizable, as is the plot direction(s).

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1388 on: October 02, 2020, 07:52:49 AM »
My Octopus Teacher on Netflix

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12888462/

Simply amazing! The underwater photography is excellent and the story incredible. The story line is a little slow but well worth it. A must watch.

I had no idea that an octopus was so intelligent.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1389 on: October 02, 2020, 08:37:10 AM »
I saw a show about a man who installed a large tank in his living room and put an octopus named 'Heidi' (because she was always hiding at first) in it to study. He and his daughter got kind of attached to it and it was amazing how interactive Heidi was with the humans. Extremely intelligent creatures and they violate at least two of the laws of highly intelligent beings: the first is that they live a long time and the second is that they are gregarious, social creatures. An octopus is a solitary animal and does not live long at all.

My Octopus Teacher on Netflix

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12888462/

Simply amazing! The underwater photography is excellent and the story incredible. The story line is a little slow but well worth it. A must watch.

I had no idea that an octopus was so intelligent.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1390 on: October 02, 2020, 03:25:52 PM »
I saw a show about a man who installed a large tank in his living room and put an octopus named 'Heidi'

I saw that a while ago.  It was neat.  I find octopuses and cuttlefish extremely interesting.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1391 on: October 02, 2020, 03:47:26 PM »
Just started watching Yellowstone. It is OK but my wife likes it. Meh.

W/in the first three minutes I recognized it- it is 'Dallas' moved forward 40 years and up to Montana. Seriously. Even the characters from Dallas are recognizable, as is the plot direction(s).

Brian

I never watched Dallas, I mean I don't even know who(m) shot J.R.  ???
Since you've seen both obviously, I'm curious who(m) the Dallas actor/character was that would be the counter part to Cole Huaser's Rip Wheeler in Yellowstone?

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #1392 on: October 02, 2020, 05:33:48 PM »
Just watched 6 hours of "How it's Made" and "How do they do it"
Yes, Ella is away for the weekend so I can watch interesting TV :D
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1393 on: October 02, 2020, 07:49:30 PM »
Just watched 6 hours of "How it's Made"

I absolutely love How it's Made.  Have watched it religiously for many years.  For those interested, they have quite a few posted on Youtube now.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWBkudOTaVbvkCBc0pyZFMA/videos

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1394 on: October 02, 2020, 07:54:34 PM »
Wallops Island launch and the scrub of the SpaceX attempted launch.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1395 on: October 02, 2020, 08:42:56 PM »
Wallops Island launch

It happened tonight!

AND we saw it on the way home from dinner tonight!!  One friend said, "what is that??"  I looked and said to her "I have no idea!  It is a point of light changing color, but with a 'V' trail."  The other friend was driving and didn't see but a few minutes later he said "Oh, I think there is a launch tonight a Wallops Island", so I took out my phone and, sure enough, the rocket had launched just 4 or 6 minutes earlier, in the exact direction we happened to be looking!

So, I got to see my first space launch (in person), by accident, in a car, for a moment, without even knowing it until later.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1396 on: October 03, 2020, 07:49:07 AM »
Not sure which one Cole Hauser is but it goes like this:

Overbearing, unbending, always gets his way father.
Somewhat evil son, more than happy to do illegal, immoral things to get ahead and impress dad.
Nice son trying to do the right thing, minimalized by dad and ignored by brother.
Daughter in law somewhat bitchy, married to first son.
Daughter in law nice but comes from family with conflict with son #2's family.

Et. al. Fit the character in Yellowstone to the list above. Same plot too- wealthy, powerful family fights all other groups plus members of main family fighting each other and driven by internal demons.

Mary Crosby (Bing's daughter) shot JR. I do not remember her character's name though.

I did not mean to watch it but the people I was hanging around with at the time thought it was great so it kinda' splashed on me by mistake.

Brian

I never watched Dallas, I mean I don't even know who(m) shot J.R.  ???
Since you've seen both obviously, I'm curious who(m) the Dallas actor/character was that would be the counter part to Cole Huaser's Rip Wheeler in Yellowstone?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1397 on: October 05, 2020, 09:09:51 AM »
Watched Knives Out. It was OK although it did get fantastic reviews.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1398 on: October 25, 2020, 09:36:55 AM »
David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet  -  Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64R2MYUt394

Extremely informative and well done. Also, unfortunately, extremely depressing.   :'(

Supporters of the current administration won't be interested as this is filled with lies and half truths concerning climate change. Attenborough of course has an ulterior motive of saving life on this planet for future generations, we can't have that now can we?    :o

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1399 on: October 25, 2020, 10:28:11 AM »
C'mon now Conrad.... your pants have slipped down and the crack of your politics is showing :-) 

I find Attenborough's programs fantastically well filmed but so slow that they do not hold my interest. Sort of like watching a series of stills on video.

David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet  -  Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64R2MYUt394

Extremely informative and well done. Also, unfortunately, extremely depressing.   :'(

Supporters of the current administration won't be interested as this is filled with lies and half truths concerning climate change. Attenborough of course has an ulterior motive of saving life on this planet for future generations, we can't have that now can we?    :o