Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303265 times)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1320 on: October 03, 2019, 10:19:00 AM »
...my wife has negative patience: she is cranky and out of control, emotionally, just BEFORE a problem presents itself  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:).

That's just Andrea's Spidey Sense going off to give you warning of imminent problems. You need to heed it and have your tool belt at hand when ever it goes off so you can deal with whatever problem is coming....or....... maybe you just need to grab your coat and head for the door?

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1321 on: October 03, 2019, 10:55:19 AM »
Has anyone mentioned Fleabag yet?
Incredible show.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1322 on: October 17, 2019, 03:28:36 PM »
Watched El Camino (the Breaking Bad 'movie') the other night. Meh. It was not bad, and it was a quality production but it did not have a lot of content and instead relied on a long series of what were basically meaningless cameo roles involving popular Breaking Bad characters. In a way, I think its strongest point was that it was nostalgic without adding much of any current content or really providing any kind of closure, at least IMO. All of that said, I do think it was probably the best anyone could do when trying to tag additional material onto an outstanding series that actually had a beginning, middle and end. Trying to tap more 'ends' onto it is just not possible, again IMO.

There also seemed to be one huge plot hole in that one of the members of Jack's crew, who was at the clubhouse the night Walter White 'visited' (and everyone was presumed dead at the end) shows up in this movie. I am sure someone could explain it away but like almost all good jokes, it should not need explaining in the first place. Besides, it was a very minor character who was not needed in the movie at all.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1323 on: October 17, 2019, 05:15:42 PM »
Just watched it also a couple days ago.. It was pretty good, but lacked some "stringing" together; and as noted, was a followup on a long and involved series, which I had a hard time following thru during its long run.
I did find it a good film tho.

damned NetFlix has to get some more recent movies in the line up tho... I search and search over and over, to find something good.. and just don't find a lot.. end up watching Ip Man, and Trailer Park Boys over and over...

Broke down and "paid" to watch the Final Marvel movie last month.. glad I could watch it like 5 times after I bought it, it was lame.. even after 4 viewings, as was the "Rocket Man" Elton John movie ... ewww, that one was a real letdown.. $5 would have bought a couple good beers..

I will say I watched a film, and saved it to my play list, so my wife; an ex attorney could watch it, really brought tears to my eyes, as I know people like this, and also anger and relentless rage, as i know the legal system, and all the bottom feeding people, that prosecuted the man who was simple, and never did what they accused him of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother%27s_Keeper_(1992_film)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1324 on: October 23, 2019, 07:56:17 AM »
I've got a crazy fun one. Give it one episode...
"Mr InBetween"
It's Australian I believe. Violent, but still good.
It's on FX and there have only been a handful of episodes so far.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1325 on: October 24, 2019, 06:47:58 AM »
We went to see Joker last week.

Meh...

It's way overrated.

Joaquin did a FANTASTIC acting job but that's about it. The story line was boring and thin. I kept waiting for it to get good, it never really did.

Wait for it to stream or to rent.

Boring.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1326 on: October 24, 2019, 03:24:36 PM »
Wait for it to stream or to rent.

I wait for everything on Netflix bluray at this point.  I just can't stand theaters anymore.  Too many annoyances (people, phones, kids, commercials, bad sound, volume too loud, etc).  My home setup is better in almost every way now.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1327 on: October 24, 2019, 04:14:15 PM »
Last night I watched "the Laundromat"... I admit, from the description, it sounded  like .... meh....

I have to say it was an AWESOME film, and reminded me when my brain was stirred, just what happened during the "offshore/Panama scandles.."

supreme acting and story line....

considered a "dark Comedy", but man, I just laughed thru the whole movie.. will watch it again on Netflix... tonight..
sooo many "great lines"....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1328 on: October 25, 2019, 06:30:07 AM »
I wait for everything on Netflix bluray at this point.  I just can't stand theaters anymore.  Too many annoyances (people, phones, kids, commercials, bad sound, volume too loud, etc).  My home setup is better in almost every way now.

My wife and I are both retired so when we do go to the movies it's for a the matinee, which is only around $5 each for us old folks.  ;)

Too loud?  :o That's crazy!

Lots of pluses to this. There are very few people in the theater during the day and of those who are, most are in the same boat that we are. The theater we go to has fantastic sound, electrically reclining seats, and they don't mind if my wife brings in a HUGE purse (loaded with goodies of course).  We usually go out for lunch and then see the flick.

I talked about this before and I'm sure that you don't remember but.

Over the years I have put together a first class home theater myself. Including an HD projector with a 106" (diagonal) display with a top of the line pull down screen (very bright and beautiful), 7.1 channel sound, and a dual subwoofer setup. The theater is in our finished basement and those subs will rock the house upstairs! Our dogs hate it. 

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1329 on: October 25, 2019, 03:35:02 PM »
Too loud?  :o That's crazy!

Louder is "better" right?  I have to take musician's earplugs with me, just in case.  It isn't always too loud, but often it is.  Just like music concerts.  It is very unenjoyable to be blasted with ear-damaging levels of audio.

There are very few people in the theater during the day and of those who are, most are in the same boat that we are. The theater we go to has fantastic sound, electrically reclining seats, and they don't mind if my wife brings in a HUGE purse (loaded with goodies of course).  We usually go out for lunch and then see the flick.

Occasionally I do go to a movie- I wait until a move is no longer new, go to a quality theater, and then try to make it much earlier or much later hours.  But, generally, I am far more comfortable with my home theater.  Zero additional cost, no noise, no travel, perfect sound at perfect volume, no distractions, no commercials, ability to pause, excellent/large picture (80" @ 10'), exact center of screen and surround sound, and often a cat on the chair with me :)

Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1330 on: October 25, 2019, 06:01:06 PM »
CAN'T remember the last time I sat in A theater for a movie.. but iirc, it was in Bradford Pa., after touring the Zippo factory, while on a camping trip with a "girlfrend" in the 90's.. and only because it was like 102*, and the theater was right next to the hardware store where I dumped $100 for a chainsaw, so I could cut wood, at our campsite in ANF, for making a cooking fire... as we stayed there for like a week and a half.. mountain biking... and doing bad nasty stuff in the woods... that only was seen by the animals...
gotta admit, I can't remember what movie we watched, we only went in there for air conditioned relief, and I fell asleep about 10 minutes into the film... ahhhhh felt good.
anyway, with my home surround sound RTR 15 "eviction series" speakers, and a 60" widescreen, about 10 feet from my couch... and being able to "pause" anything I watch on Netflix... while I go put on another dry "Depends" (joke), the retirement money is miser-ed out...

"Honey, bring me a beer... please.. and another Depends...." 8) 8) ::) ::) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I actually took the same "chick", to a theater, about a month earlier, to watch a film. The theater was extremely "upscale", and had reclining seating, and sold wine, and drinks by the glass, and even bottles of wine.. and Pate-Platters, cheese, and other goodies.. to drain the wallet.. during the film we got into an argument, about ... Money... and she stormed out... hehehhehehehhe, I drank wine, and ate all the food, and picked her up after the movie.. silly Puta...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1331 on: October 26, 2019, 07:26:50 AM »
Louder is "better" right?  I have to take musician's earplugs with me, just in case.  It isn't always too loud, but often it is.  Just like music concerts.  It is very unenjoyable to be blasted with ear-damaging levels of audio.

Occasionally I do go to a movie- I wait until a move is no longer new, go to a quality theater, and then try to make it much earlier or much later hours.  But, generally, I am far more comfortable with my home theater.  Zero additional cost, no noise, no travel, perfect sound at perfect volume, no distractions, no commercials, ability to pause, excellent/large picture (80" @ 10'), exact center of screen and surround sound, and often a cat on the chair with me :)

Of course louder isn't always better. But if something blows up in a movie my couch needs to be feeling it. 

Offline Cheesecake

« Reply #1332 on: October 29, 2019, 05:48:58 PM »
Amazon prime has a series with Billy Bob Thornton, Goliath, with three seasons online right now.  We really like it. Billy Bob is just at his best in this show about a washed up lawyer. Before this we watched all the available seasons of Shameless on Netflix, we really enjoyed that redo of a British series of the same name. William Macy is a drunk father to a bunch of kids living in Chicago that have to scrap and steal whatever they can to survive. It's a real eye opener to how real people are often forced to live. Highly recommended.
2008 C-14

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1333 on: November 12, 2019, 10:29:27 AM »
The Mandalorian. Duh!
Episode 1 was awesome.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1334 on: November 13, 2019, 07:15:18 AM »
Started watching Bluff's Law. Episode one was OK but 'their' agenda kicked in, in a nuclear way. Way left, liberal and IMO, obnoxious. They do not merely state it, they try to drive it into the viewer's skull.

Not really a fan of entertainment that has an agenda at all but especially agendas that are in direct conflict with my own :-) 

On a much better note, have also been watching a series of videos on Youtube on the design, history and method of operation of nuclear devices, both controlled (nuclear power plants, nuclear experimental installations) as well as uncontrolled. Absolutely fascinating, especially a lot of the major operating principles such as the 'throttle rods' are not used to throttle the reaction, how the actual pile cannot be built to go 'critical' without going super- critical (going from a reactor to a bomb) in less than 2 seconds. Put simply, they do not work the way I thought and was taught that they did. Not my field so of course I never got the fine intricacies anyway but even the rough overview(s) was wrong.  Anyway, there really is some fantastic stuff on Youtube if you poke around and look for it.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1335 on: November 14, 2019, 03:44:50 PM »
Bluff City reminds of Boston Legal, even has the same music.  We enjoy it.  I liked Boston Legal as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1336 on: November 21, 2019, 07:28:41 AM »
Ford vs Ferrari

We went out to see Ford vs Ferrari yesterday.

Hands down this was the best race car movie ever! My wife and I went with another couple and we all said the same thing. The 2.5 hours just flew by.

You NEED to see this one.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1337 on: December 01, 2019, 06:55:46 AM »
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1338 on: December 01, 2019, 08:18:18 AM »
http://g1.ipcamlive.com/player/player.php?alias=59f9f3266234d
Every morning through the winter.

LOL- I just watched and some guy was using a snow blower.  Temp shows something like 23F or so.  Wherever that is, it is too cold and too snowy.  (Their clock shows +5 from EDT, but who knows if that is set to UTC or not).

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1339 on: December 01, 2019, 08:32:41 AM »
Packsack in Winton MN. An outfitter outside of Ely.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours