Author Topic: Sargent seat - Sold  (Read 5879 times)

Offline jsmith1506

Sargent seat - Sold
« on: July 30, 2014, 01:32:52 PM »
I have a Sargent seat for sale. It is black vinyl and fits the C14. It just didn't fit my butt right. I am asking $300 + shipping.

Thank You
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 04:13:22 PM by jsmith1506 »

omcrider

Re: Sargent seat
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 02:47:27 PM »
Pics? Does this have the wider passenger section?

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 02:23:52 PM »
JSmith,
One important detail you need to list...
Is it a low version or a standard?

It will have a tag that tells underneath.
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline petepro

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 03:44:46 PM »
JSmith,
One important detail you need to list...
Is it a low version or a standard?

It will have a tag that tells underneath.

Hope it is the low one !
pics please.
2012 Concours 14abs - 2013 - Current
2002 BMW R1150R - 2012-2013
1995 Honda 750 Nighthawk - 2001-2009
1984 Suzuki GS1150ES - 1987

Offline jsmith1506

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 11:12:10 AM »
It doesn't say low so I am assuming it is standard. I did notice that it was lower than the stock seat. Here are some pics and on is of the bottom.

Offline max1138

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 08:00:51 PM »
the molding on the bottom of the seat indicates ws-570 which is a regular height seat.

the ws-571 is the lowered version.

good seat, good price too.

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 08:15:23 PM »
+1

I have one of these and it is pretty comfy.

saxman
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 07:42:13 PM »
the molding on the bottom of the seat indicates ws-570 which is a regular height seat.

the ws-571 is the lowered version.

good seat, good price too.

Max,
Don't be fooled by this, like I was!
I bought mine from a guy on Ebay, specifically asked him if it was a low or a standard... He said standard. The number on the bottom of mine says 570 as well...but has a white sticker with black print placed by the "Atomic Foam" logo that says "LOW VERSION".

I had checked Sargent's website and thought the same thing as you.

Now, as to whether or not this one started life out as a standard, and got reworked to a low at the Sargent factory...? Who knows.

All I can tell ya is I was disappointed. Then, a month later, heartbroken.
Someone had added some extra foam to mine, then restapled underneath...looked ok...felt ok...
Then tragedy! Staples were too long, and they wore holes through the cover on each side!
 >:(

Now, I got a Sargent Low, that was supposed to be a Standard, that's fubarred.
But the $300 is long gone...

2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline max1138

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 10:56:03 PM »
Max,
Don't be fooled by this, like I was!
I bought mine from a guy on Ebay, specifically asked him if it was a low or a standard... He said standard. The number on the bottom of mine says 570 as well...but has a white sticker with black print placed by the "Atomic Foam" logo that says "LOW VERSION".

I had checked Sargent's website and thought the same thing as you.

Now, as to whether or not this one started life out as a standard, and got reworked to a low at the Sargent factory...? Who knows.

All I can tell ya is I was disappointed. Then, a month later, heartbroken.
Someone had added some extra foam to mine, then restapled underneath...looked ok...felt ok...
Then tragedy! Staples were too long, and they wore holes through the cover on each side!
 >:(

Now, I got a Sargent Low, that was supposed to be a Standard, that's fubarred.
But the $300 is long gone...

just offering information, I have had 3 sargent  seats over the years and they were all of good quality and comfortable.  and thats a nice discount off the $430??  price that the new ones go for.  it looks to be the standard, by the numbers and the picture. the lows have bit more cutout and a pronounced rise at the front so Im thinking its a standard at a decent  price.    be nice to have while my stock seat is being rebuilt but I dont want the hassle of selling it when I dont need it anymore. there are enough orphaned seats in the garage as is.

Offline jsmith1506

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 01:09:13 PM »
C14lvr,

What are you saying about this? Are you accusing me of lying to people? I have never sold anything on Ebay. I think your posting does not belong on my posting and is very rude. Where do you get off posting your story of you purchasing a jacked seat off of Ebay!

I bought this seat from a member of this forum and it doesn't fit my butt, so I am trying to sell it. Many people like this seat and have had good experiences with it. The seat has not been changed in any way.

I have had several transactions from this and the other forum and they have all gone well.

Cdawg

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 02:19:32 PM »
Whoa here gentlemen.  Let's all calm down.  Points have been made and lets leave them at that.  Thanks.  The management.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 02:21:08 PM »
C14lvr,

What are you saying about this? Are you accusing me of lying to people? I have never sold anything on Ebay. I think your posting does not belong on my posting and is very rude. Where do you get off posting your story of you purchasing a jacked seat off of Ebay!

I bought this seat from a member of this forum and it doesn't fit my butt, so I am trying to sell it. Many people like this seat and have had good experiences with it. The seat has not been changed in any way.

I have had several transactions from this and the other forum and they have all gone well.

Cdawg

Ok, for the record, I have said no such thing or accused you or anyone of lying. I wouldn't do that.

The other poster had stated that because it says WS-570 on yours, it means it will be a standard, and sometimes that's not always the case...as I found out.

I thought the same when I bought mine.

When I look at your pics, it looks very similar to mine, which is a low.

The lows tend to be harder, but allows a shorter person to reach the ground better.

The standard has more cushion in it, but sits higher.

That's all I intended, and surely did not mean to accuse anybody of anything, nor do I see how anyone who reads this would think I was referring to your seat having anything to do with Ebay, or my personal experience.

For the record, I do not know the OP (seller), nor have we ever conducted any business together.

I apologize for any misunderstanding my post may have made. My only intention was to clarify which particular seat you are selling...the low or the standard, because they really are quite different seats.

Just tried to clarify that just because the seat is stamped WS-570 doesn't always guarantee it's a standard, as was my personal experience.

Sorry for the confusion, and best of luck with your sale. I just thought that it might help both you and the buyer to verify which model you have, so that both will be happy with the transaction.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 02:23:28 PM »
In looking at the bottom of the seat....what's the trap door for?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 02:42:41 PM »
Hi Jim,
The trap door on a. Sargent is a handy little storage area.
I used it to store my tool kit... pretty cool.

Offline max1138

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 03:58:04 PM »
In looking at the bottom of the seat....what's the trap door for?

storage, I always kept my insurance and registration for that particular bike in it. that way it stayed with the bike and not in a different tankbag/wallet/jacket/whatever. 
its available but annoying to get to and sometimes
also has the effect of the nice LEO  not really needing to see said paperwork when you start dropping bags off and removing seats to get to it, sometimes they have other things to do than wait for u to dissemble a bike and just leave with a warning 8)

Offline jsmith1506

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 05:16:20 PM »
Sorry Guys, Bad day at work.

Offline Rixtrix

Re: Sargent seat - Sold
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 03:39:07 PM »
By any chance is this seat still available ?

Offline Roscoe

Re: Sargent seat - Sold
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 08:15:31 AM »
 I have one that I will trade for a stock seat. It is on the 2011 I just purchased and will not work for me. I am having a Baldwin seat made and will require a seat pan that is in unmodified/undamaged, excellent condition. The seat can show some wear as it will be replaced, but must not be terrible as I will ride it until my seat is done. If you (or anyone) is interested let me know soon.
                                         Roscoe