Author Topic: F6B rider feeling the need for speed  (Read 8349 times)

Offline MassRoll

F6B rider feeling the need for speed
« on: September 15, 2015, 12:38:45 PM »
I am looking to downsize my bike, and upsize the power.  The Connie was one of my candidates back when I bought my 2013 Honda F6B.  I was able to test ride the Honda, but couldn't find a dealer to test a Concours 14 at the time.  I am getting that itch to change bikes again and the Concours immediately came back to mind. 

I checked Kawasaki.com and they show two dealers within 100 mile of me (20 miles south of Boston, MA) that do test rides.  The first one doesn't have a Concours in stock.  I'm waiting to hear from the second one that is in western MA.  I have read reviews, been checking sites like this etc..., but don't want to buy a bike type I've never ridden.

I'm surprised that this is so difficult.  Both Honda dealers I visited within 10-15 miles of my house let me test ride their bikes.  Is this common for Kawasaki, or is it just the Concours that is difficult to find? 

Anyone know a New England dealer that does test rides and has a Concours to test?  I don't mind riding a ways to test one.  The wife and I can make a day of it on the F6B if need be.
When in trouble, when in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout!

Offline sherob

• Arena
Re: F6B rider feeling the need for speed
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 12:57:28 PM »
That's funny... usually Honda dealers are tight asses about testing their "new" bikes.  :o  I traded my 06 Wing in on my 09 C14, they had 2 new C14's to ride... great experience!

Good luck!
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 03:12:09 PM »
What's an F6B?  Welcome, BTW.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 03:46:02 PM »
Honda flat 6 bagger...

Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 04:10:09 PM »
Alrighty then...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 04:12:15 PM »
f6b=fb6

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 04:14:00 PM »
Ride your F6B to Austin, we can swap bikes for the day and ride the Texas hill country.  ;D

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 04:26:36 PM »
Go to Razees in N Kingstown, RI ask for Dave Clements
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 04:42:53 PM »
Good idea- that is my local dealer and they are excellent in all respects, I highly recommend them.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 04:47:35 PM »
It seems that all Japanese motorcycle dealers (I mean American dealers who sell Japanese motorcycles  ;D ) are getting more and more restrictive about 'test rides'. I know of a couple of dealers who will only allow a 'test ride' after one has completed the purchase but will agree to destroy the paperwork (in other words, "undo" the sale) if you do not want to take the bike. That way 1) they know you can afford the bike and are serious. 2) the liability on the potential accident in on 'your bike' rather than 'their bike'. and 3) they run no risk of you damaging the bike in any way such as simply dropping it.  As I understand the situation, the liability to the dealer is getting too high for them to allow the general public to test ride bikes. The exception is and always has been BMW, where they often encourage [responsible adults who look like they might be able to afford a BMW or have purchased one in the past] people to test ride their products.

Brian

That's funny... usually Honda dealers are tight asses about testing their "new" bikes.  :o  I traded my 06 Wing in on my 09 C14, they had 2 new C14's to ride... great experience!

Good luck!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 06:20:58 AM »
Weird, I've never had a problem test riding a bike. In fact I've had 3 different dealers begging me to test ride a bike even after I told them I was not in the market including a Gold Wing, BMW R1200R and a Triumph Rocket III. I test rode many bikes including my a C14 before I bought my C14. This was all in Colorado. Maybe dealer liability laws are different there. My son test rode an FJR here in Austin with a Colorado license.

Offline MassRoll

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 06:53:45 AM »

Thanks for the info.  Fairly short hop to N. Kingston.  Maybe I'll hit Iggy's in Warwick while I'm in area.  Great seafood there.  :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 02:31:06 PM »
I like your avatar..  I'm one of those guys you're making fun of..

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 03:08:06 PM »
OFFTOPIC:

There is an Iggy's in Narragansett too (same company, same owners) and that is a great bike ride, down by the seawall.

Just my opinion but for the very best New England Clam chowder, and clam cakes, found anywhere, Chelos on the waterfront in Warwick (same road Razee is on, Post Rd., about 10 mi. north of Razee. And just in case you do not get enough cholesterol from either Iggy's or Chelos (unlikely in either case), stop by Brickley’s Ice Cream322 Main Steet, S. Kingstown for some outstanding ice cream.

OK, off the central RI eating topic....  ;D

Brian

Thanks for the info.  Fairly short hop to N. Kingston.  Maybe I'll hit Iggy's in Warwick while I'm in area.  Great seafood there.  :)

Offline MassRoll

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 05:52:06 PM »
You are a silly English knight?  :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2015, 06:08:07 PM »
You are a silly English knight?  :)

:rotflmao:    :banana :banana :banana

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2015, 06:19:13 PM »
I can be quite silly, except when I'm not. ;)

Gary... >:( :battle:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 07:03:10 AM »
Speaking of which... "The search for the holy grail" is coming back to the big screen here in Austin as part of a classic movie series. I've never seen it on the big screen I may have to go see it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 07:10:22 AM »
It's a wonderful movie..pure MP.