Author Topic: Sean Connery dead at 90  (Read 625 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Sean Connery dead at 90
« on: October 31, 2020, 03:09:45 PM »
Lots of people think he was the best James Bond.

Funny thing but when Connery got to be 'too old' to play Bond, the studio got another UK actor to play Bond, Roger Moore.... and Moore was almost three years older than Connery.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Sean Connery dead at 90
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 04:04:42 PM »
Oh, this is sad.  I really liked Sean Connery- fantastic actor.   To me, his best performance ever was probably Hunt for Red October.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 04:40:09 PM »
+1 !!

Ride safe, Ted

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 08:28:01 PM »
I preferred Sean to Roger as the James Bond character, but I'll admit that Roger aged much better than Sean did.

Lots of people think he was the best James Bond.

Funny thing but when Connery got to be 'too old' to play Bond, the studio got another UK actor to play Bond, Roger Moore.... and Moore was almost three years older than Connery.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 09:08:57 PM »
My favorite Bond actor was Pierce Brosnan. Not that anyone is writing it down.  ;D

I preferred Sean to Roger as the James Bond character, but I'll admit that Roger aged much better than Sean did.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 06:31:15 AM »
Sean Connery was a very good actor and my wife's favorite Bond, James Bond.  His life force will be missed.  However, my favorite Bond, James Bond was Roger Moore.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 09:55:41 AM »
An awesome actor who left behind an equally awesome body of work.
My favourites movies of his are Rising Sun and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
I quite liked him in Entrapment as well.

I also prefer Roger Moore as Bond.
Connery played it straight and dangerous.
Moore was more slick and tongue in cheek.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK