Author Topic: I need tire sensor replaced , will it be covered under Good Times warranty ?  (Read 3092 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
I have about 38k on my ‘11 , I think eight years on an original sensor is pretty good

I have 40K on my '11 and the first sensors only lasted 3 years.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
I may be wrong, but I thought the new number overwrote the previous one and if you want to change the sensor back you have to write it again.
I haven't tried it yet. I have two sets of wheels with good tyres and when the current ones wear out I'm going to swap the wheels complete.

do you own a KDS3 and the software disc/instruction book? take a look in the book,
truthfully, I have to do the same now, as I was sure they stayed in, and din't get overwritten... that software is on my other laptop... I'll be back shortly when I can pull that up and read it...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Freddy

Yes, both Michelle & I have KDS with the latest software.   ;D

OFF TOPIC:  Perhaps you're getting confused with fob registration in KIPASS.  Though the fob ID number is not shown (whereas TPMS sensor number is) it 'lives' permanently there in a 'slot', with a total of 6 slots/fobs per bike/KIPASS possible.  Lost fobs can be 'disassociated' from the KIPASS ECU (in case it should be found by the wrong hands and used to steal the bike) but can be 'reassociated' if/when found by the owner.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:42:26 PM by Freddy »
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline Michelle

• Saving the chubby unicorns
do you own a KDS3 and the software disc/instruction book? take a look in the book,

Yes, and I would. Except I'm 2000 kilometres away from home at the minute.
Before I removed the wheels I did use the KDS to extract the numbers and it appeared that there were only two slots.
Of course having a KDS means I can write them at will.
Neutron Silver 08 1400GTR ABS with KTRC K-ACT and ECO
Glitter White 2010 1400GTR
Windsor Green 1997 GTR1000

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Yes, both Michelle & I have KDS with the latest software.   ;D

OFF TOPIC:  Perhaps you're getting confused with fob registration in KIPASS.  Though the fob ID number is not shown (whereas TPMS sensor number is) it 'lives' permanently there in a 'slot', with a total of 6 slots/fobs per bike/KIPASS possible.  Lost fobs can be 'disassociated' from the KIPASS ECU (in case it should be found by the wrong hands and used to steal the bike) but can be 'reassociated' if/when found by the owner.

Thanks Freddy, I already knew that part, having gone thru it a zillion times... I just didn't pay close attention to the TPMS swap section...
but I did just Read it, couldn't find the instructions... silly me, I had them on my tablet, not my other laptop...
anyways...

Yes, and I would. Except I'm 2000 kilometres away from home at the minute.
Before I removed the wheels I did use the KDS to extract the numbers and it appeared that there were only two slots.
Of course having a KDS means I can write them at will.

So, after reading the process, but not having the actual unit to play with, and test...

it's explained in the instructions the process for "deleting" a sensor, and then "installing new" one in it's place, and that's pretty clear; but in reading it, the 2 processes are called upon in separate steps... so me being curious, I want to find out if it was possible to actually do the "add" process, without doing the 'delete', which it seems capable of doing.. again, as they don't go into what happens if you attempt to do just that ( like "this will take you back to the delete menu").

I have to ask our pal in the N/W area, Jay, (ZG), who had multiple wheels, with sensors, when he was doing all his painting and color changes... I am almost certain he didn't go thru the manual "delete", for every set (he had like 4 sets of wheels..)...

If you read that instruction book, you can see why I am questioning, as I can't say for sure without trying it...
I think it may be possible, and would be seen using the "Realtime Monitor" function/window, where you could actually see all devices that have been input over time(such as FOBs, Immobilizers, steering locks, ECU's, etc.,). This is also where you can "save' information in a CSV file format, and everything associated, in another "location", like a laptop file.

Offline Freddy

The RealTime Monitor function doesn't show those things.   Those replaceable items like fobs (active & passive), TPMS, etc have their own separate function in KDS.  With TPMS, it will display the sensor ID, then if you wish to delete you choose that feature and it then asks you to choose which one you wish to delete F or R.  You then go to the Add feature and enter the new ID and save.  You cannot Add unless the delete (empty ID field) has been done.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
The RealTime Monitor function doesn't show those things.   Those replaceable items like fobs (active & passive), TPMS, etc have their own separate function in KDS.  With TPMS, it will display the sensor ID, then if you wish to delete you choose that feature and it then asks you to choose which one you wish to delete F or R.  You then go to the Add feature and enter the new ID and save.  You cannot Add unless the delete (empty ID field) has been done.

read pages 15, 24, & 25

those items are visible and addressable via the Real Time Monitor., and can be seen in it...you can click on any item there, and press "select" button, and view specific info of each item... TPMS included.... with regard to 'attempting to' activate a registration, pg. 24, is what I was asking, as in order to really "see" what happens if attempting it without "delet the old one", I cannot say.. that what what i was getting at, the screens do not discern if you cannot "input" when you hit the registration button.. look closely, and I think you may agree, and until we try it, we may never know... usually these types of "programs" are self regulating, like unless you did actually "delete", the button for "registering a new one" would not be accessible/grayed out/non operative.

I'm pretty sure, just as with ECU's, steering locks, EFI ecu, numerous CAN be registered/programmed in, and picked using these functions, depending on which one you want to show as "active".
I really need to buy one of these.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Freddy

ok, I haven't had KDS on a bike for a couple of months.  I'll check it again when I finish another project I'm on.   :chugbeer:

Perhaps someone else can get to it before me.

Edit:  The Real Time monitor shows the actual tyre pressure, not the sensor details.  The TPMS sensor add/delete procedure as detailed on Page 24&25 is what I was I was tyring to convey above.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 11:02:09 PM by Freddy »