Author Topic: Ride Today  (Read 2070 times)

Conair

Ride Today
« on: December 24, 2015, 06:22:25 AM »
Planning a short trip today,here in the Blue Grass. Storm front moved out this morning,forecast is for sun,we ain't had a sunny day in a while  just rain and clouds. Ill be going from lexington up threw Frankfort to the twistys we go! The road i'll be on is of very good pavement with lots of sweepers and twistys Its just a short ride but it will be great to get my new connie out and wear some  rubber. Getting my 600mls on, oil change will come this weekend. Ill take the bike to the stealers to go threw everything,3rd bike I've got from them, so I trust them to do the first check on her. I'll be doing oils and rear end myself,and thanks to the guys here I know will help me out if I run into trouble. Air filter looks like a nightmare but if I take my time I should do allright. So lots of air and fun today,highs in the 60s it should be great can'wait to get out!! ;D

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: Ride Today
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 06:31:44 AM »
Sounds like a blast, Conair. Be safe!!! :chugbeer:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Conair

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 07:00:16 PM »
Sounds like a blast, Conair. Be safe!!! :chugbeer:
Ended up doing 117 mls ,few miles shy of the 600 mile mark. Got a wix filter and 10x40 castrol GTX will chag this weekend .

Conair

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 06:33:15 AM »
Ride went well,bike did wonderful as expected,wondering how far i can push the lean angle,whats the first thing that will contact the road does anyone have experience with extreme lean angles on this beast? Whats the first thing to make contact with the road my pegs our center stand? I'd kinda like to know so I know what to expect and don't put myself in a panic situation. the wear marks on the rear tire got out to about a half inch from the edge,am I asking for trouble? My gxter wasnt an issue but this monster is way top heavy and I have a feeling once your committed going into a curve you have to keep your balls on the seat!!  so to speak,panic will kill you in a heart beat!  8) Also I probably need to tighten up the forks and rear springs im assuming. don't get me wrong i dont ride like that all the time but I will get a hair up my arss since we have so many curves down here in Kentucky . Merry Xmas To all here<Eric

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 06:59:34 AM »
You can lean it to the point of scraping something.  Trust your tires assuming they aren't stock.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.