Author Topic: Spencers seat mod  (Read 3210 times)

Offline Goat

Spencers seat mod
« on: June 25, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »
I just finished my first long ride since sending my seat to Spencer for lowering and the Supracor LD material, man is the seat AWESOME!  With the stock seat I would squirm and be uncomfortable after about 50 miles due to pressure points but with the subtle re-shape and the new material I didn't even start to feel the ride until the 200 mile point. 

This was some "spirited" riding in the TX hill country.  IF anyone is thinking of another seat then SPencers is worth consideration.  I sent my seat to him and he turned it the same day!  The whole process took a week only becasue I choose the slowest shipping.  The mod was $75 and the total with shipping both ways came to $135.  A fraction of the cost of a different seat and the communication throughout the whole process was superb.

This is by far the best mod I have made and I wish it would have been the first!!!!

Offline Toaster

Re: Spencers seat mod
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 04:22:42 PM »
Great to hear. I sent him my seat a week ago and am looking forward to getting it back. I will let you know how it works for me.

Offline Bagger

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 05:38:03 PM »
Spencer has done several seat mods for me on various bikes.  FJR, ST1300, ZX14 and the C14 come to mind.

Price can't be matched and the quality is great!  Comfort is much better than stock at a fraction of the price of buying a new saddle.

He's great to deal with as well and fast turn 'round, too.
"I'm not a vigilante ... I'm just an undocumented border patrol agent."

Offline Bradley14

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 06:38:37 PM »
I cannot agree more !
Just because you're paranoid does not mean that someone is not out to get you.

Offline CrashGordon

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 07:19:17 PM »
Spencer seat mod is definitely worth the little it costs and improvement is good. But my 3 day trip through the TX hill country over Memorial Day weekend saw several 300+ mile days. I can tell you, for me the butt burn started about 250 miles. I will say the Spencer LD mod prolongs the comfort range, but it isn't the solution for unlimited miles. I still want a Russell.

Offline banjobart

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 08:26:08 AM »
I have the Spencers mod on my seats. The seats are very comfortable.  However, the C14 is the least comfortable. The forward tilt pushes you up on the tank. I tried a Sargent seat this weekend and it is somewhat better. I need highway pegs to get my feet forward and push me back on the seat during long stretches on the super slab.
2009 C1400
2007 FJR1300
2007 ST1300
2007 DL1000