Author Topic: Corona Memes  (Read 11907 times)

Offline Stasch

Re: Corona Memes
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2020, 09:42:01 AM »
One clear distinction to be sure of, is that the image is hosted on the internet as a file of its own that can be called by its own link, not just displayed or included on a web page somewhere.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2020, 10:51:23 AM »
User error? Seems more like a glitch in the forum software.

OK, maybe I was a bit harsh, I'm old and I just don't instantly think of the phone as where folks post from. I'll read stuff from a phone and maybe even answer an email or two
but usually if input from me is needed/desired I go to the PC.
So since this forum does have mobile software there may well be a glitch in the software but that seems unlikely. More than likely when you are copy and pasting some extra characters
are getting added because you can clearly see the differences in the example I did in my earlier post between what you posted (that didn't work) and what I did (that did work). Instead of
hitting the img button try typing in the
Code: [Select]
[img][/img] yourself and then the forum's software will be much less involved and you'll be able to see that it must be either the link is bad or the info
you pasted is incorrectly formatted for a proper link.
 Just to be clear, I was trying to help based on what coding I saw, didn't mean to insult or produce textual abuse with the "user error" remark, in case it was interpreted that way.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2020, 06:19:57 PM »
Here is a direct copy and paste from reply #6 of this thread and how I posted the picture of the helium dog. All I did was delete the first “[“ bracket so you can see what I did. I hit the picture icon and pasted the link between the middle two brackets. Worked perfectly on this one.

img]https://i.imgflip.com/3x7guw.jpg[/img]

Worked just fine on that post, and every other post I’ve done in this thread with a meme. The ones that did not post this way, I saved to my phone and uploaded as an attachment. Every time, I would get the error message that attachments have to be less than 6MB and have one of the following formats. Last I checked 500-800 KB (file sizes I was trying to attach) was smaller than 6 MB. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Files I’ve tried attaching have been .gif .jpg and .png. According to the error message I keep getting, those file types are allowed. Again, correct me if I’m wrong.

My question is how can it be user error when my file sizes are smaller than the limit and the file types are the ones allowed, yet the error message I get says that my file is either to big or the wrong file type?

I’m not a newbie to forums or posting pictures on them. Been on forums for 15 years or more. I’ve been both a moderator and admin on a few of them so I know the software and how it works. This site has one of the oldest versions of any of them I am currently on. It severely needs an update. I get it tho, chances are, the Connie will not be around to many more years so the cost of upgrading is probably not worth it. Let’s not pretend that there is nothing wrong with the software and blame it on the user tho!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2020, 12:40:43 PM »
Here is a direct copy and paste from reply #6 of this thread and how I posted the picture of the helium dog. All I did was delete the first “[“ bracket so you can see what I did. I hit the picture icon and pasted the link between the middle two brackets. Worked perfectly on this one.

img]https://i.imgflip.com/3x7guw.jpg[/img]

Worked just fine on that post, and every other post I’ve done in this thread with a meme. The ones that did not post this way, I saved to my phone and uploaded as an attachment. Every time, I would get the error message that attachments have to be less than 6MB and have one of the following formats. Last I checked 500-800 KB (file sizes I was trying to attach) was smaller than 6 MB. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Files I’ve tried attaching have been .gif .jpg and .png. According to the error message I keep getting, those file types are allowed. Again, correct me if I’m wrong.

My question is how can it be user error when my file sizes are smaller than the limit and the file types are the ones allowed, yet the error message I get says that my file is either to big or the wrong file type?

I’m not a newbie to forums or posting pictures on them. Been on forums for 15 years or more. I’ve been both a moderator and admin on a few of them so I know the software and how it works. This site has one of the oldest versions of any of them I am currently on. It severely needs an update. I get it tho, chances are, the Connie will not be around to many more years so the cost of upgrading is probably not worth it. Let’s not pretend that there is nothing wrong with the software and blame it on the user tho!

Again, apologies about my earlier assumptions. I saw the following incorrect coding in your post and thought it was user error (excluding the "code" in brackets that I had to add
so it would show up here).
So you are saying that the forum software or your phone is adding all that other....extra stuff?
Trying it again. Sorry for the repeat if it actually posts this time...
Code: [Select]
[img]http://[url=https://www.mememaker.net/api/bucket?path=static/img/memes/full/2020/Apr/8/17/2020-snickers-198.png]https://www.mememaker.net/api/bucket?path=static/img/memes/full/2020/Apr/8/17/2020-snickers-198.png[/url][/img]

Offline zrx mitch

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2020, 07:02:50 PM »
IBA #18591

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2020, 08:11:54 PM »

Again, apologies about my earlier assumptions. I saw the following incorrect coding in your post and thought it was user error (excluding the "code" in brackets that I had to add
so it would show up here).
So you are saying that the forum software or your phone is adding all that other....extra stuff?
Yes
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Conrad

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2020, 06:36:38 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2020, 05:19:34 AM »
Gary, removed what you were referring to and as such also removed your reply as it really doesn't make any sense at this point.

Conrad, tut, tut, tut...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2020, 06:31:13 AM »
For the best.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2020, 06:35:53 AM »
I agree...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2020, 10:22:40 AM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2020, 10:59:48 AM »
LOL!

Offline PeteMelon59

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2020, 10:34:15 AM »
When stressed, I always come to read it here, hahahahaha.  :D :D :D

tvดูบอลสด

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2020, 09:58:57 PM »

Funny, I think not.
Had to have Covid test (Q-Tip to back of brain) prior to a recent 6' borescope exam to where the sun never shines. On the bright side, one polyp was snared, it was non cancerous :)  :banana :finger_fing11:

Pix can be posted, if anyone wants to know what the inside of an administrators bung hole looks like ;) :rotflmao:

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org