Author Topic: MI - COG RTE - Sunday - June 1, 2014  (Read 2259 times)

Offline DeansZG

MI - COG RTE - Sunday - June 1, 2014
« on: May 24, 2014, 01:14:09 PM »
*NOTE*  copied from the "other" forum.....

RTE 6/1/2014 - Sunday.

We're meeting at the center of the state: BJ's Buckhorn Saloon on M-115 just about 9 miles up from M-10 not far from Clare.

Ride there and plan to meet at 11:30a - Noon to have Lunch, catch up, tell stories and lies.  Afterwards I would like go on a ride before heading home.  Anyone is welcome to join.

Option 1:  Head back to St. Louis to run up and down a 26 mile or so twisty run (at least by Michigan standards) from to St. Louis NE towards Midland, ending back in St. Louis.  Would take about an hour and a half once we leave Clare and return to St. Louis (which is the REAL claimed center of the lower peninsula).  These times are estimates as ice cream and coffee stops could possible alter the schedule.

Option 2:  If its more convenient, we can leave the Clare area towards Midland, then do the run one way heading SW to St. Louis, which would take about an hour from Clare.

Option 3:  Anywhere someone might have an idea for.  IMO its best to stay away from any south bound freeway (ie: I-127, I-10, I-75) for a ride or your trip home due to the returning 'up north' weekend traffic madness.

Another Linky:  http://dinemichigan.com/bjs-buckhorn-saloon

'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....