Author Topic: Phoenix  (Read 5913 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Phoenix
« on: December 04, 2014, 11:57:05 AM »
How many of y'all are in the Phoenix area? Or even SoCal?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline SW ROADRUNNER

Re: Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »
Deziner
Am in Sierra Vista,  down close to Tombstone.
SW Roadrunner

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 05:59:46 PM »
I used to own property near the Mule Mountains
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 06:29:59 PM »
Haven't been to Phoenix for thirty odd years. Crashed for awhile at a dump in Sunnyslope. Biker bar not too far away run by an old Greek named Nick. Used to go to a cowboy bar for the Saturday night fights. Woodys' I think it was. Thing I remember about Phoenix is it seemed like twenty miles to get anywhere.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 08:53:50 PM »
I live in FL, but I ride my C14 out there occasionally to see Tammi  ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline SapperLdr

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 11:25:24 AM »
I am in north Phoenix.
Living the dream in Arizona.

Offline kzkid

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 04:03:15 PM »
I live in north Scottsdale for 7 years and love every minute. Just bought a 2012 1400 rocket ship.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 07:40:26 PM »
I live in north Scottsdale for 7 years and love every minute. Just bought a 2012 1400 rocket ship.

Congrats on the Rocketship.  Do you have any pics to share?

Offline Gscott

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 08:07:23 AM »
Westside with an o9.

Offline Rony6ble

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 09:42:21 PM »
Hi there, Ahwatukee area.
Just got my C14 back, the 2009 totaled in March 2014, now a 2011 (black) ready to get miles...

Are we organizing a ride here?

SW ROADRUNNER, I go for work to Sierra Vista often...
IBA #57875
2011 Concours 14 / 2009 Concours 14 - RIP / 2002 Ninja 250 - daughter / 1985 GPZ400 - sold
2016 Tour of Honor State Sponsor (KS)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 01:40:42 PM »
Went to school at University of Arizona a long, long time ago. Have a good buddy in Gilbert with a 1970 Vega dragster that he races at http://www.racewildhorse.net as well as in Tucson. Get down there once in awhile to watch him race. Will probably be riding in AZ this summer. I have a place not too far from the border in NM in the Zuni mountains.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 02:20:51 PM »
Went to school at University of Arizona a long, long time ago. Have a good buddy in Gilbert with a 1970 Vega dragster that he races at http://www.racewildhorse.net as well as in Tucson. Get down there once in awhile to watch him race. Will probably be riding in AZ this summer. I have a place not too far from the border in NM in the Zuni mountains.

I lived in Gilbert in '96-'98, love the place!  Just visited it during a bizness meeting at ASU engineering building in Tempe. And Of course visited Tammi  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 02:24:12 PM »
Not far from the Zuni mountains there is some PRIME riding in Az. The White Mountains are wonderful in the summer. Alpine, Hannigan's Meadow, Nutrioso, Route 666, all great riding. The road between Alpine and Morenci is so twisty that you can read your own license plate.

I believe that they changed the Route number for 666. Used to ride over there several times each summer

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 02:35:09 PM »
I used to know that area pretty good. My standard drive from my folks place off of NM Route 53 to the U of A was through Zuni, St. Johns, Show low, Globe and the Salt River Canyon. Had a 66 442 at the time. Plenty of go but a pig in the turns. Would love to ride that area on the C14. Might just do that this summer. My buddy with the Vega has a cabin in Pine Top and he brings his cherry 69 Z-28 to a car show there every summer. Would love to co-ordinate with him and meet up at the same time.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 03:15:13 PM »
Yep, that 4-4-2 had a whole lot more go than it had stop. Scared myself more thana ffew times in 60's era cars. Most folks don't remember,  or possibly don't realize that you really didn't drive those old cars, you sort of herded them between the lines  :)