Author Topic: And here I was thinking he was a brilliant psychopath.....  (Read 3152 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
And here I was thinking he was a brilliant psychopath.....
« on: January 28, 2019, 04:47:12 PM »
But no, he was just "white" according to one Ashley Alese Edwards in the article she wrote 'Ted Bundy Wasn't Special Or Smart. He Was Just White.'  (here  https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ted-bundy-wasn-apos-t-175500903.html  ).

She says: "But the Ted Bundy of America’s consciousness is a myth. Bundy was not special, he was not smarter than the average person; he did not have a personality so alluring that his female victims could not help but simply go off with him. He did not have a superhuman skill to be one step ahead of the police. What Bundy did have was the power of of being a white man in a society that reveres them and has implicit faith in their abilities. This privilege gave Bundy the ability to make even the most heinous of crimes take second place to his personality. Bundy isn’t even exceptional when compared to other American serial killers. So why is his legacy treated with fascination and twisted admiration rather than condemnation?"

Amazing! And I guess that puts me into the same category because I too am white and while not a psychopath (well, not diagnosed anyway), apparently that is not required to do what Ted Bundy did- all you really have to be is white and have the privileged that apparently goes along with that.

Honestly I find this truly amazing. I almost put it in the thread 'Stupid is as stupid does' but I think this article has sufficient animosity in it to deserve its own thread....

Brian (is my privilege showing?)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: And here I was thinking he was a brilliant psychopath.....
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 05:07:44 PM »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :chugbeer: :chugbeer: :chugbeer: :chugbeer: :chugbeer: :chugbeer: :chugbeer: :hitfan: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

dude... he drove this car... even back then, he had a big "L" tattooed on his forehead...

LOOOOOOOOSSSSSSerrrrrrrrrrrrr

chicks dig cool guys, with cool cars...

It's a Darwin thing... he was helping the gene pool...
 :1DeadBanana

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 05:14:58 PM »
So he was a serial killer because he was a white male?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 05:26:09 PM »
I think so. Frankly, I am not sure. ?? But hey, you cannot go by me, I always thought he was brilliant, far above average. And a psychopath. But apparently it was just his white privilege. ??

The whole thing makes me wonder why I am not getting my white privilege. Or if I am, why I do not know it and am not enjoying it?

Brian

So he was a serial killer because he was a white male?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 01:02:41 AM »
Honestly I find this truly amazing.

Welcome to the far "left" thinking.... the straight white male is the past and current cause of all of society's problems, the root of all evil.  Nothing is one's own fault, and the more "victimized" one is by race, gender, sexuality, nationality, whatever, the more voice and reparations that person should have ("intersectionality").  The mainstream media just eats it up like candy.

Although it is true that most serial killers are white males, facts and logic have little actual meaning to "social justice warriors" who are out to "save" society.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 06:56:54 AM »
I am not subjected to this aspect of today's P.C. society and so I guess when it does jump out it surprises and annoys me.

My wife works with a bunch of spoiled yuppies that are always going on and on about the company's lack of diversity, etc. But then they all get into their new cars and drive out of the city to the [diversity- less] surrounding suburbs where they live, send their kids to private schools [exceedingly diversity- less] and so on.

Not my world, I just live here and there are changes happening and that have happened that I do not like one little bit.....

Brian

Welcome to the far "left" thinking.... the straight white male is the past and current cause of all of society's problems, the root of all evil.  Nothing is one's own fault, and the more "victimized" one is by race, gender, sexuality, nationality, whatever, the more voice and reparations that person should have ("intersectionality").  The mainstream media just eats it up like candy.

Although it is true that most serial killers are white males, facts and logic have little actual meaning to "social justice warriors" who are out to "save" society.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 03:36:44 PM »
My wife works with a bunch of spoiled yuppies that are always going on and on about the company's lack of diversity, etc.

Yep.  It is what we now think of as "white guilt", another manifestation of the far left.  Forced "diversity" through quotes and "affirmative action" are actually racist- these force selection by race instead of by experience, education, capability, etc.  Colleges are so far left now that lawsuits are starting to pop up because they lower entrance scores for blacks, raise scores for whites, and then raise them a lot more for asians.  And here I thought the goal was to treat people equally without regard to race, gender, religion, etc.  People are confusing the admirable goal of "equal opportunity" with the un-American goal of "equal outcome"

Some interesting videos on the topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7VUoytoU4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9mM93scwi8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0HKgs-0zDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g60ON91ClLA

What is needed is diversity of THOUGHT.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Stasch

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 07:02:24 AM »
Although it is true that most serial killers are white males

Not true:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/wicked-deeds/201412/serial-killer-myth-6-they-are-all-white

See page 6 in this one.  Its not true in raw percentages, and even less so when measured by race per capita.
http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Serial%20Killer%20Information%20Center/Serial%20Killer%20Statistics.pdf
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 03:21:45 PM »
You people need to spend some time watching day-time TV "talk" shows.  Especially ones with famous-for-being-famous hosts who self-identify as being non-Caucasian.  You will quickly be educated that ALL of the world's problems are the direct result of Caucasian male acitivity.  The only people who are really caring and loving and soulful and worth anything in today's world are....well....non-white people who self-identify as non-male.

Having said that, I grew up in the area where Ted was active, and in fact one of his victims went to my high school,  I didn't know her.  He was what he was because he was a twisted degenerate murdering asshole, and they come in all colors.

As for those who say that the death penalty doesn't work, I ask you....how many people has he harmed since they sat him down in ol' Sparky?  Seemed to work pretty good in his case.

As for weird pshychology of humanity, how about the woman who married him while he was in prison?  10 million decent men in this country can't get dates because they aren't "good enough", but a mass-murdered gets married in prison?  I think some non-male people need to look in the mirror real hard before they start calling others whack-o.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 03:34:25 PM »
Not true: See page 6 in this one.  Its not true in raw percentages, and even less so when measured by race per capita.

Well, actually what I said is true, in total numbers (and I didn't imply otherwise).  But this is an excellent example of using and presenting statistics to tell different stories....

Based on the presented statistics, assuming they are accurate, in 2010:

31% of serial killers were white
60% were black

Whites were 72% of the population and blacks were only 13%.  Thus, when adjusted for race in the population, there are far more black serial killers for their population than white serial killers for their population.  So it is also accurate to say that blacks are far more likely to be serial killers than whites.  This also holds true for violent crime, in general.

By sex, 94% were male, so it really doesn't matter how you look at THAT.  :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 05:04:33 PM »
What about the non white, non Christian, non Jew people who believe the more you kill the closer to God you'll be? I would think these people could certainly be considered for the Serial Killer Hall of Fame.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 08:51:15 AM »
What does religion have to do with it?

And why is it all the people screaming about white privilege are white and why don't they subject themselves to their own way of thinking?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 02:10:08 PM »
Tread carefully here people....this thread might slide into the Arena.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2019, 05:20:02 PM »
last night, while going thru Netflix stuff I had not watched, I stumbled upon the 4 part series about Teddy.. so i marked it and began watching it.. I really don't care about him, he's long gone, but figured this is where this conversation evolved from.

Don't know how much of it I'li wall watch, I'm working backwards thru the series,

so far, it's a 2 on the 10 scale.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline zrx mitch

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 06:02:14 PM »
Look at the author and you'll understand the Bundy description.
IBA #18591

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2019, 06:18:31 PM »
I watched that series and liked it a lot. Ted Bundy has always been sort of a model of my version of a truly scary character rather than anyone, real or not, portrayed for example in 'slasher' films. Bundy was a living, breathing human with a very specific defect (psychopathy) but otherwise of above- average abilities and that combination is what should have everyone wary at least, terrified at worst.

I remember Bundy when he was 'active', when he was tried and when he was executed but seeing that series both refreshed my memory as well as adding to what I knew about the man. And just a few days later, reading the article sighted in the first post is what caused me to start this thread. Regardless of the reason, it is amazing to me that anyone can fail to see Ted Bundy as both above- average (and perhaps well above- average) mental capabilities as well as an extreme case of psychopathy. The reason the author misses the whole point of Ted Bundy being a part of our society is less important to me than the fact that she missed it in the first place. Or has chosen to misplace the actual reason why he became who and what he was.

Brian

last night, while going thru Netflix stuff I had not watched, I stumbled upon the 4 part series about Teddy.. so i marked it and began watching it.. I really don't care about him, he's long gone, but figured this is where this conversation evolved from.

Don't know how much of it I'li wall watch, I'm working backwards thru the series,

so far, it's a 2 on the 10 scale.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 07:59:59 AM »
It seems that most of the investigators involved in the Bundy cases were graduates of the Fife Security Academy and that had something to do with Bundy getting away with what he was doing for so long.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Stasch

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 11:33:19 AM »
Well, actually what I said is true, in total numbers (and I didn't imply otherwise).  But this is an excellent example of using and presenting statistics to tell different stories....

Conceded, but barely since over all its 51.7 % - almost exactly half.  It doesn't seem accurate to call that 'most' even without factoring in percentages of population.

One can clearly say without bias from the 1900 to 2010 study:
http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Serial%20Killer%20Information%20Center/Serial%20Killer%20Statistics.pdf

- white males (the overwhelming majority of the male population) committed just over half of the serial murders
- males of other races were serial murderers at a much higher rate when factoring in their race by percentage of population.

From 1990 forward:
- white males did NOT commit the most serial murders despite being the overwhelming majority of the male population
- males of other races committed the majority of serial murders despite being a fractional percentage of the male population

- Overall, its a 51/49 percentage edge for serial murders committed by white / non-white. (give or take a point or two)

- Since 1990, a serial murderer was more likely to NOT be a white male.  When factored by percentage of population the difference is a staggering several hundred percentage points.

When taken fairly from anywhere in the grid, the conclusion of:  "Most serial murders are by white males" is untrue.  Its about half. 

One can only speculate the motivation for this conclusion.

Another interesting fact:  The report shows (Page 2) that murders by serial killers spiked dramatically from 1960 to 2000 and began to tail off dramatically after that.  This was a time of dramatic social and cultural change. 

It remains a terrible fact of human nature that some people do horrible things regardless of race for reasons we often can't understand.

Another shocking revelation in the study is the USA perennially has 1/2 -> 2/3 of all serial killings in the world.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 12:52:35 PM »
I think around 2000 they came out with an app. called 'Violent Serial Killer' and now most of them just play the app., indoors, just like the way everyone does everything these days .....

Sorry, could not resist.

But seriously, this is the first I have ever heard of white males <not> making up the vast majority of serial killers. ?? Another fact that 'everyone knows' that is simply not true.

The part about the US being the leader, by far, in this area is unfortunately not a surprise. Americans are just different than most, if not all, other first- world countries and that breaks both ways, good and bad. One of the biggest differences that I found when in Europe is that we are 'missing' a facet of personality I would call 'conform'. It allows us to be more individual and actually resist conforming to any standard or mold, and that has consequences. In my own view, the negative aspects of our behavior are simply the price we pay for greater freedom(s), much as most of the world pays the price for having cars with millions of auto deaths per year. We could easily eliminate deaths in and by cars- just remove them entirely from use but most of us think that price would be too steep I think.

Brian

Conceded, but barely since over all its 51.7 % - almost exactly half.  It doesn't seem accurate to call that 'most' even without factoring in percentages of population.

One can clearly say without bias from the 1900 to 2010 study:
- white males (the overwhelming majority of the male population) committed just over half of the serial murders
- males of other races were serial murderers at a much higher rate when factoring in their race by percentage of population.

From 1990 forward:
- white males did NOT commit the most serial murders despite being the overwhelming majority of the male population
- males of other races committed the majority of serial murders despite being a fractional percentage of the male population

- Overall, its a 51/49 percentage edge for serial murders committed by white / non-white. (give or take a point or two)

- Since 1990, a serial murderer was more likely to NOT be a white male.  When factored by percentage of population the difference is a staggering several hundred percentage points.

When taken fairly from anywhere in the grid, the conclusion of:  "Most serial murders are by white males" is untrue.  Its about half. 

One can only speculate the motivation for this conclusion.

Another interesting fact:  The report shows (Page 2) that murders by serial killers spiked dramatically from 1960 to 2000 and began to tail off dramatically after that.  This was a time of dramatic social and cultural change. 

It remains a terrible fact of human nature that some people do horrible things regardless of race for reasons we often can't understand.

Another shocking revelation in the study is the USA perennially has 1/2 -> 2/3 of all serial killings in the world.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 03:29:05 PM »
Americans are just different than most, if not all, other first- world countries and that breaks both ways, good and bad. One of the biggest differences that I found when in Europe is that we are 'missing' a facet of personality I would call 'conform'. It allows us to be more individual and actually resist conforming to any standard or mold, and that has consequences.

Yep.  Freedom does come with a price.  Americans have a culture of more personal freedom and that does permeate through many aspects of the society.  I would still rather be more free and less safe, than more safe and less free.  I just wish that we would stress *responsibility* with that freedom.... it seems to be slipping away as everyone wants to be a victim and blame everything and everyone else for their choices and problems.  THAT mindset is rapidly contaminating American culture... even more negatively than the "safety" mantras.