Author Topic: bucket list ride  (Read 4943 times)

Offline scooter

bucket list ride
« on: April 22, 2012, 06:17:30 PM »
went on a ride today ive allways wanted too do. 230+ miles,bike performed flawless,temps between 81-95 bike never got hot and was a dream too ride. got my 2011 atomic silver concours on easter weekend and of course it snowed the next weekend. dont have too many good days in this life but this was a great one. have had many kawis in the past,ninjas,z1000,but this bike is the best what a blast to ride.anyway ride safe and enjoy

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: bucket list ride
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »
Great idea for a thread.

I got my 'ride of a lifetime' in last year when I did a timed run from Rye, NY to Ocean Shores, WA in just a touch under 48 hours. Truly a magnificent ride through some fantastic real estate. As great as the trip itself was, I think it may have been eclipsed by the trip back when I deviated from the slab to cross the Rockies through a high pass, Bear Tooth Pass to be specific. That deviation resulted in a ride through Yellowstone Nat'l Park and while I do not normally lean too much toward the 'Zen' side of things, it was at least a high point in my life. In the end, I guess I would have to wonder what could be better than riding on the back of a nice, modern motorcycle (any of them really) through what I think is some of the finest land and on what I know are some of the finest roads anywhere on the planet? Bear Tooth Pass had only opened a few weeks before I got there and there was easily 15 feet of snow still there and that made it even better I think.

If things work out right I may get the opportunity to do the exact same ride again this year. The only difference is that I am trying to take my wife with me from the coast in Washington through Yellowstone and Bear Tooth Pass.

Brian

went on a ride today ive allways wanted too do. 230+ miles,bike performed flawless,temps between 81-95 bike never got hot and was a dream too ride. got my 2011 atomic silver concours on easter weekend and of course it snowed the next weekend. dont have too many good days in this life but this was a great one. have had many kawis in the past,ninjas,z1000,but this bike is the best what a blast to ride.anyway ride safe and enjoy
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline scooter

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »
yep now that i have the perfect bike to do these things im going to make it a point to go more often.i wish there were some more connie owners in my area too hook up with there is some beautifull scenerie in southern utah

Offline tonedeaf

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »
...a bit of an odd-ball, but..

A ride through Big Bend State Park (between San Jose and Santa Cruz CA.) on a foggy morning. I have done it several times and it is a slo-mo ride that is ... well, beyond words. You just have to do it to understand.

Offline jqram35

• 2012 C-14 Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 08:48:32 PM »
So what was the ride?? Bucket list ride for me would be all 50 states or ride to Alaska...where are the pics?? With that title I was expecting a bigger story. ;)
Jeff

Offline scooter

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »
sorry no pics just a great ride, didnt give too much details because i didnt think any one had been in this area. no 50 states or alaska. but great for me. maybe latter

valkmc

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 04:32:22 PM »
Did my bucket list ride last summer:

Florida to Alaska and back. Included Yellowstone, Yosemite, Las Vegas, Roswell NM, Redwood National, Pacific Coast Highway, Death Valley and many other places.  I have got to start thinking about a new one for the list.

Offline punkynlew1

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »
Started my bucket list ride on a KLR650 in 2001 and finished the adventure from S. Florida across the central U.S. on the Trans America Trail and up to the Arctic Ocean in Alaska, then southward to Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina and north to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, before flying back to Miami 2 years later in 2003 with about 50k miles ridden and mind boggling sights and experiences in the memory bank. My Yorkie dog, Punky, rode all the way on the tank bag. I married a lovely young senorita, who joined us as pillion in Lima, Peru.

Now, at 74, I'm getting a turbo and some other performance mods installed on the C14 (yes, it's still in the shop) to check riding FAST off the bucket list.   Lew

Offline CIG4R

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 06:32:52 PM »
You Sir are a bucket list hero.

Offline Elfmaze

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 06:46:23 PM »
I can't say i'm too far out from trying my ride of a lifetime.  This GTR may not be the one to carry it out though... Maby the next new bike after her.     But our plan is to ship the bike to CA nice and far down south and ride up CA a bit, then start heading east eventually ending up in PA two weeks later or so.

We will probably hit AZ another year, and AK a third on  rented bikes as AZ and AK are trips in itself.   I have no interest in going from PA TO CA and back though.   One trip across and done for me

Offline kreaky

• '98 Connie; '92 750 Nighthawk; '85 VF500F; '96 XR4
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »
Started my bucket list ride on a KLR650 in 2001 and finished the adventure from S. Florida across the central U.S. on the Trans America Trail and up to the Arctic Ocean in Alaska, then southward to Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina and north to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, before flying back to Miami 2 years later in 2003 with about 50k miles ridden and mind boggling sights and experiences in the memory bank. My Yorkie dog, Punky, rode all the way on the tank bag. I married a lovely young senorita, who joined us as pillion in Lima, Peru.

Now, at 74, I'm getting a turbo and some other performance mods installed on the C14 (yes, it's still in the shop) to check riding FAST off the bucket list.   Lew

:chugbeer:
"Once you go over the hill, you pick up speed."