Author Topic: Tebow?  (Read 9443 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Tebow?
« on: January 08, 2012, 09:47:06 PM »
So what do ya think, Tebow to the Superbowl? The kid seems to always some how find a way, I think all the analyst predicted that game as a blow out going the other way, he had more the 300 yards passing!

I love his passion and strength to his faith, about time we got a decent role model in sports for kids to look up to...  8)

Offline r2t2

Re: Tebow?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »
He sure had a lot of experts eating crow after the game. It surely wasn't a boring game... Elway didn't look too exited throughout the game, but in the end I do believe he made a him into a believer.
RayK
'08 C14
'06 BMW M3
'01 BMW 330i

Son of Pappy

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 10:46:55 PM »
Man, that super duper QB on the stealer (S) team sure looked, well, normal and subpar.  I could see Tebow going all the way, as a fan of anything anti Elway I have been a strong fan of anyteam playing the Broncos, Tebow changes that.  I like the freshness of T and I like his openess.  Go Broncs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gsun

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 10:48:25 PM »
He is going to crash and burn.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 10:49:43 PM »
He is going to crash and burn.
Based on his faith he may crash, but I don't think he's going to burn ;)

Offline Tim

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 11:02:59 PM »
Based on his faith he may crash, but I don't think he's going to burn

You're right. I think it's going to be fun to watch this kid grow as a QB.

Pappy, seeing how I grew up in Denver, I can't agree with you on Elway. I still won't bet on the Bronco's though.
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 03:06:11 AM »
Tebow-mania is over Saturday at 8.....Go Pats.
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline cmoore

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 05:31:49 AM »
I think it would take a miracle from above to see the Broncos in the Super Bowl much less win it. That said, it sure is fun to watch. I loved seeing the Squellers get burned on the first play of over time. They have been on my hate list since the 70's. Yeah, I'm a Cowboy fan and that ain't easy to say these days.
2010 C14
Dallas, Texas

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 06:09:18 AM »
I am normally a fan of whoever the Bronco's opponent is.  But since the Chiefs couldn't get their act together I will definitely be rooting for the Broncos.............especially when they play the patties.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 07:03:31 AM »
Ironic that he threw for 316 yards..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 07:15:13 AM »
This Tebow crap is just too much... Ugh. I'm sure they will get their just desserts in short order.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 08:50:45 AM »
I like the kid.  He has risen above adversity and ridicule and diverted the credit for success to others.  He is a breath of fresh air, and I would love to see them get beat by the Packers in the Superbowl!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 09:08:58 AM »
The way the media goes on and on you'd think that Tebow is the only player to have faith in God!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:07:39 PM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline okxd45

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 09:16:50 AM »
Well he certainly is a polarizing person as can be seen by the responses here! Personally, I like the guy. I second the need for good role models.  As a role model, I hope he can stay strong.
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
I like the kid.  He has risen above adversity and ridicule and diverted the credit for success to others.  He is a breath of fresh air, and I would love to see them get beat by the Packers Giants in the Superbowl!

Fixed it for ya Mike.  ;D

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 11:13:47 AM »

Fixed it for ya Mike.  ;D

You know that the Giants are going to win it all, right? They must be great to knock off Romo and the Cow-pokes like they did.  :hail: (Yes, I'm a Cowboy fan. Just wish they could find a good General Manager!!)

I like Tebow and I hope that he goes all the way just to show the pundits that he's better than they say he is. Didn't he throw for over 300 yards on something like ten completions yesterday?
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 02:00:13 PM »
I think the Tebow hate is because the media makes such a big deal of his faith.  There's lots of other players who point to the sky or thank God for their abilities and success.  Why should reaction to Tim Tebow doing the same be seen as a negative?  I don't think the Broncos are in a position to win it all but they are sure scaring the crap out of a lot of teams right now :)

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 03:42:43 PM »
Isn't Tebow a decade old workout video? I think he would have done good in the SuperBowl against anyone, but they don't have a chance to beat the Brady Bunch. GO PATS!!!!!
I want to see the Patriots crush Greenbay or the Giants. Either or will be refreshing!!!
Joel from Maine.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 03:55:30 PM »
I think the Tebow hate is because the media makes such a big deal of his faith.  There's lots of other players who point to the sky or thank God for their abilities and success.  Why should reaction to Tim Tebow doing the same be seen as a negative?  I don't think the Broncos are in a position to win it all but they are sure scaring the crap out of a lot of teams right now :)
Cause he's a white boy maybe?

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 03:57:38 PM »
Quote from: mikeboileau on Today at 10:50:45 am

I like the kid.  He has risen above adversity and ridicule and diverted the credit for success to others.  He is a breath of fresh air, and I would love to see them get beat by the Packers Giants in the Superbowl!

GO PACK GO

Re fixted
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)