Author Topic: Anybody on the Forum at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix last Friday 3/22?  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
I was there helping my buddy with his 10 sec Vega and saw at least 2 C-14's at the "run what you brung" event. I never got to see them run but was interested in what kind of times they got.

BTW: here's the vid of my buddy making a 10.64 time trial run:

http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=2925497913257

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
Re: Anybody on the Forum at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix last Friday 3/22?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
That was me on the 08 Concours, Had a great time!  My best was 11.009 at 129.06mph.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 06:56:13 PM »
That was me on the 08 Concours, Had a great time!  My best was 11.009 at 129.06mph.

Wow! That's quick! Did you get more then one run in with the single lane light fiasco?

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 07:55:24 PM »
Wow! That's quick! Did you get more then one run in with the single lane light fiasco?

Yep, got 4 runs in and yes the single lane was a nightmare, I would have been fired at my job for that happening or at least not being able to fix it in a timely manner.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 09:54:13 AM »
Yep, got 4 runs in and yes the single lane was a nightmare, I would have been fired at my job for that happening or at least not being able to fix it in a timely manner.

My buddy in the red Vega only got 1 run. You must have stayed all night to get in 4. I didn't see you run but I did see you on the gen 1 silverdammit with the blue accent lights. I also saw a gen 2 in the tech inspection line.

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 10:15:49 AM »
The guy on the 2nd gen came over and talked with me... he didn't pass tech inspection because of his modular helmet not being snell certified.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »
BTW: I see you left the bags on. I bet you were the fastest bagger at the track.  ;)

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 11:02:39 AM »
BTW: I see you left the bags on. I bet you were the fastest bagger at the track.  ;)

lol, yes the fastest Bagger by far!!  That was that last run of the night and I planned on hitting the exit and heading home hence why the bags are on.  The other runs were defenitly without the bags.  That run was a 11.25 if I remember correctly...  little slower with the bags on.  The funny thing was the guy on the Harley that I ran that time was **** talking before the run about him getting to run against my slow bike and the bags diguised it all the more.  I smoked him so bad it was not even funny...  He did have some good drag racing skills and left really good but he was no match against the mighty Concours.  I was laughing all the way home only because he was talking so much **** to my friend about my "slow" bike and he didn't know the guy he was talking to was a buddy of mine.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 03:32:20 PM »
lol, yes the fastest Bagger by far!!  That was that last run of the night and I planned on hitting the exit and heading home hence why the bags are on.  The other runs were defenitly without the bags.  That run was a 11.25 if I remember correctly...  little slower with the bags on.  The funny thing was the guy on the Harley that I ran that time was **** talking before the run about him getting to run against my slow bike and the bags diguised it all the more.  I smoked him so bad it was not even funny...  He did have some good drag racing skills and left really good but he was no match against the mighty Concours.  I was laughing all the way home only because he was talking so much **** to my friend about my "slow" bike and he didn't know the guy he was talking to was a buddy of mine.

:rotflmao: Awesome! Wish I could have seen that!

Offline 1 wheel peel

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 12:12:18 PM »
........  The funny thing was the guy on the Harley that I ran that time was **** talking before the run about him getting to run against my slow bike and the bags diguised it all the more.  I smoked him so bad it was not even funny............  I was laughing all the way home only because he was talking so much **** to my friend about my "slow" bike and he didn't know the guy he was talking to was a buddy of mine.
Nice!! ;D :goodpost:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 05:00:35 PM »
I would have loved to see you race that Harley!   :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 05:24:56 PM »
I wouldn't really call it a race... Lol