Author Topic: Lost my keyfob.  (Read 9469 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Lost my keyfob.
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2018, 03:46:50 PM »
I think Kawasaki should come up[...] I think Kawasaki could truly be a leader if they developed something like that.

LOL!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2018, 03:59:24 PM »
I'm not sure little 21 1/4 is mature enough for some of that...

But then again, it will probably fit right in with the rest of this group!     :chugbeer: :banana ;D

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline chile62

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2018, 07:20:52 PM »
I was looking around and came across these guys. Worth an email to them to see if they can help

https://www.carmo.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=493_1351_1355_1360&products_id=2556

Talking to them sounds like they can make a brand new keyfob work with my bike, keeping my fingers crossed. (waiting for more detailed explanation)
I've had this bike for about a year, i lost my keyfob somewhere between my first and second heart attack and becoming a full blown diabetic.  because of my health taking a turn for the worse, i have only put about 200 miles on my Connie.  She looks so good and shinny sitting in my garage  :(

Offline chap

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2018, 10:46:03 AM »
Good news. Fingers crossed they can get you back on the bike again. Hopefully the cost is reasonable. Glad I could help.
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline PH14

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2018, 10:55:10 AM »

Offline YHSublime

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2018, 09:58:00 AM »
Talking to them sounds like they can make a brand new keyfob work with my bike, keeping my fingers crossed. (waiting for more detailed explanation)
I've had this bike for about a year, i lost my keyfob somewhere between my first and second heart attack and becoming a full blown diabetic.  because of my health taking a turn for the worse, i have only put about 200 miles on my Connie.  She looks so good and shinny sitting in my garage  :(

Must be the freaking season dude. Same thing happened to me, bought from a dealer, then bought by me, neither dealer nor PO know anything about the passive fab. I'm following your story, but from the same boat. Only difference is, my bike is 45 minutes away wheel locked and stuck in front of a strangers house, not in my garage.
2013 kawasaki concours 14

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2018, 04:57:46 PM »
Must be the freaking season dude. Same thing happened to me, bought from a dealer, then bought by me, neither dealer nor PO know anything about the passive fab. I'm following your story, but from the same boat. Only difference is, my bike is 45 minutes away wheel locked and stuck in front of a strangers house, not in my garage.
Call a tow company and have them put it on a flatbed.  Or get some buddies to load it into a pick-up.  Don’t risk losing your ride permanently. 
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline chile62

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2018, 06:29:37 AM »
Call a tow company and have them put it on a flatbed.  Or get some buddies to load it into a pick-up.  Don’t risk losing your ride permanently.

What he said!

Offline Freddy

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2018, 08:09:38 PM »
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline YHSublime

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2018, 08:56:22 PM »
Hey dude, how's your struggle?
2013 kawasaki concours 14

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2018, 10:27:39 PM »

I wish it was that simple, but the site you linked, simply clones the info on the ECU, into another ECU... the key codes, and FOB codes are encrypted, so even tho they can program an ECU, you still have no FOB to match the clone...

unfortunatly...
 and even then, you would need a FOB, to use the KDS3 serialization, to add additional fobs..

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2018, 10:32:48 PM »

bummer
I have answered more FOB/Key?ECU questions in the last week, than in the last 10 years I've owned my C14... when it rains, it pours...

I answered your question to Tree, in his refurb ECU for sale thread, doesn't look like a match for you, I think he has a pre '10 model...
go there and read the link I posted.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2018, 10:56:24 AM »
Before I bought my bike I started reading the forums,  so when I picked my bike up I bought an extra FOB because they were giving me a discount on everything I bought that day, I was really happy about that the day I washed and dried my FOB because I thought I was screwed but it still works, or the month that I thought I lost it. :banghead:
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2018, 02:29:48 PM »
I thought I lost one of them for 4 years...finally turned up in the house.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2018, 03:48:44 PM »
I bought an 08 c14 and sold it a short time later because I could not find an upside to having a bike that uses this system.
What a nightmare solution to a problem no one ever has.
These are really nice bikes, I actually owned two of them (08/09) and may buy another if anyone figures out a way to just use the key.
Then I could ship the complete kipass system back to Kawasaki with Christmas cookies made with ex-lax.
So many horror stories!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2018, 05:44:46 PM »

oh my...
It's soooooo hard to explain, would I sell my house, trucks, everything I have, because they use a KEY I could loose at any time?

would I kill myself over a WALLET, which I could loose... at any time, and all the personal information, and charge cards, and such... down the tubes, and almost impossible to replace without having a Social Security card, which was contained in said wallet......
ohhhhhhhh  the Horror........

ever loose a wallet???? OMG.... Now THAT, That truly sucks..
ks......
 :rotflmao: :nuts: :rotflmao: :nuts: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2018, 07:59:55 PM »
I bought an 08 c14 and sold it a short time later because I could not find an upside to having a bike that uses this system.

I can- mostly security and convenience.  I don't have to go fishing for keys and it is harder to steal.  But neither is so important so that I couldn't just pass on Kipass :)   The security aspect would work fine with a chipped, passive RFID, metal key.

Works almost the same way my current and previous car do...

These are really nice bikes, I actually owned two of them (08/09) and may buy another if anyone figures out a way to just use the key.

That's essentially what I do.  The fob is in my zippered jacket, always.  Never have to think about it.  I walk up to the bike, turn the stove knob and press start.  Easy.  It wouldn't affect my buying decision either way (if it had it or not).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline p07r0457

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2018, 08:51:37 PM »
Then I could ship the complete kipass system back to Kawasaki with Christmas cookies made with ex-lax.
So many horror stories!
Tons of upside, imo.  I wouldn't buy another tourer without keyless-go.  I love not fiddling with a key.  Leave the FOB in my jacket pocket and that's it.  My only wish is that the bags were better integrated, as I do have to pop the stovepipe key to get the bags open when I don't want to take my glove off to fish out the FOB.  I'd consider a new Goldwing as my next bike and I like that they've integrated the bags, electronically, so they can be opened while the FOB is near, without using a key.

The only potential downside I can see is that you must junk the ECU if you lose ALL the paired keys (since an existing key is needed to pair new keys.). However, this also has an important upside -- it deters theft.  At any rate, my C14 came with two active fobs, so I leave one at home as a backup.
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Candy Diamond Red
1986 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S - Candy Aleutian Blue and Shasta White
2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advance - White Diamond Pearl
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White

Offline route66tc

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2018, 05:16:12 AM »

oh my...
It's soooooo hard to explain, would I sell my house, trucks, everything I have, because they use a KEY I could loose at any time?

would I kill myself over a WALLET, which I could loose... at any time, and all the personal information, and charge cards, and such... down the tubes, and almost impossible to replace without having a Social Security card, which was contained in said wallet......
ohhhhhhhh  the Horror........

ever loose a wallet???? OMG.... Now THAT, That truly sucks..
ks......
 :rotflmao: :nuts: :rotflmao: :nuts: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Makes me think of losing my wallet in the 90's.  An older lady at work told me that I should call my homeowners insurance guy and file a claim for my lost wallet.  Never heard of that before.  So I called and told them that I lost my wallet with $300 inside.  They paid for my wallet, the money inside and paid the fees to get ID back.  I was amazed that homeowners would pay for a lost wallet, but they did.  So I have to wonder if they would pay for a lost fob (that flew off the bike, ie accident) and all associated costs.  If homeowners wouldn't pay, maybe a full coverage bike policy.  Full coverage policies cover things like being locked out.  Well, he's locked out.  I will ask my insurance guy soon.  Hmmmmmm

Offline Conrad

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2018, 07:18:35 AM »
So many horror stories!

So, you had one C14 and hated the fob system so much that you bought another? Or was it two more? It's not clear (to me) if you had two or three C14s?

Yep, such a terrible system. I've bought my '08 new in 5/09 and it's been flawless. I guess it's only a matter of time...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn