Author Topic: It never rains but doesn't it **** down?  (Read 2332 times)

Offline cugsy

It never rains but doesn't it **** down?
« on: May 26, 2013, 09:53:27 AM »
Right...I've added the adjustable screen to the bike. Managed to get my old Givi top box fitted and put a double 12v waterproof socket on for the satnav...and added a satnav. then I've braced the screen with a couple of home made brackets to stop it flopping about at high speed (officer!)....
   So I took it out for a run in the lovely 20+ C sunny weather. It cruised nicely at 70 (officer) and I parked up in a little town (Ely) for a  cuppa. When I came back there was a nice green puddle under the front of the fairing - about where that useless coolant bottle is. So I nursed it home for the 35 miles being overtaken by nuns and cyclists but I got back. 30 minutes later and the covers are off and the bottle is off - with a big 40mm slice in the bottom of the bottle. Hopefully its just that and nothing else. I'll drain the cooling system anyway but it never rains...etc   John
Bloody hell - its a heavy bike!

Offline cugsy

Re: It never rains but doesn't it **** down?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:03:02 AM »
Well, I checked on fleabay for a coolant bottle but there aren't any in the UK.They're all in the states - greedy buggers. £15 for a bottle and £35 postage. Anyone in the UK got a spare bottle before I risk aralditing this one?

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 10:15:15 AM »
Cugsy:

Search the forum records, you'll find many threads about how to relocate the bottle and using alternate bottles from other bikes, even small cars, etc.  You might be able to find one in a wreckers yard that will fit in another location for much cheaper.
 Good luck.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline cugsy

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 10:21:41 AM »
True, Nosmo, true. Its only a bottle. if I can find a gtr bottle then all well and good...if not then 'any dream will do'   la la la ... :)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 11:03:39 AM »
It doesn't hold pressure so if you can clean it good, you can just RTV the seam.  You could even plastic weld it with a wood burner if the gash isn't too opened up.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington