Author Topic: For Sale: SOLD! Scorpion EXO 1000 helmet (size medium and large) SOLD!  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Gearhead82

This item has been sold!

I'm selling my Scorpion Exo 1000 helmet.  I bought it new last October.  I bought it in a size Medium and also ordered the size Large liner (both sizes use the same shell).  Large pads are installed and I will include the medium ones in the sale also.  I'm also including the "chin spoiler" which I don't currently have installed.  It's a very nice helmet, I was just never able to get it to fit comfortably for me.  It has the inner flip-down sun visor which works very well.  It also has the inflatable cheek pads so you can fine-tune the fit.  I've only used it a few times.

The only flaw:  While changing out the liner a couple months ago, a couple of the snaps broke off.  Scorpion has a great warranty, so I decided to ship it to them to have them replace the plastic snaps.  When I received the helmet back, the paint on the rear spoiler was cracked.  I assume this happened during shipping.  I've inspected it closely and from what I can tell the plastic itself is not cracked.  I assume it just flexed enough to crack the paint in that one spot.  The pics will show what I'm talking about.

Price is $65 SHIPPED to 48 States.  I prefer payment via PayPal.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:10:09 PM by Gearhead82 »
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline Gearhead82

Re: For Sale: Scorpion EXO 1000 helmet (size medium and large)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 06:48:22 PM »
Bump. This is a nice helmet at a great SHIPPED price! I had someone commit to buy it yesterday and then never heard back from them after giving them payment info... so it's still for sale!

Offline S.Ga.Rider

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 05:39:19 AM »
These are nice helmets. I tried one on in the dealership the other day. Be aware they do run small. I usually wear a large and could hardly get the exo1000 large on my head. If it was an xl I would buy it.

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 05:45:02 AM »
I agree about the sizing. If it was an XL I probably wouldn't be selling it! :)

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 06:08:34 PM »
Helmet is SOLD!

Offline mlf73

Comments about the sizing on these EXO 1000's running small is absolutely correct.  I have this same helmet that I bought in size XL.  I had to spring for a 2XL liner to ever get a comfortable fit.  Nice helmet for the money though!
02 Conc- Corbin seat, Cee Baileys shield, MCL fork brace, 4 pot calipers w/zrxmopar's adapters, 310mm rotors, SS brake lines, 1.1 Sonic springs, C14 rear shock, TCro's stick coils, SiSF's economy jet kit, front tip-over bars w/hwy pegs, KB bar risers, fender extender, block off plates, HVMP bar end weights, grip heaters, Murphs fuse block, 55W HID upgrade, relo'd coolant bottle & helmet locks