Author Topic: C14 - right hand mirror 08-09 (as you are sitting on the bike) Found...  (Read 5561 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Don't care about the color or if it's scratched up.  Not sure if the 10+ mirrors are the same.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:42:33 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: C14 - right hand mirror 08-09 (as you are sitting on the bike)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 07:01:10 AM »
Do you need some tip-over protection to go with that mirror? I hear that the Canyon Cages work well when properly installed.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 08:49:57 AM »
No, I'm quite protected thank you very much.  The CCs keep watch on me from the shelf they're sitting on... ::)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 09:49:26 AM »
Is this somehow related to your ProjektD mirror blinkers Sparky?  ??? :-\

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 10:32:35 AM »
No it isn't, Jay.  I've got some cracks in mine and I just want to replace it.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 03:50:46 PM »
No it isn't, Jay.  I've got some cracks in mine and I just want to replace it.

10-4 Sparky, happy hunting!  :) :chugbeer:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 07:02:22 PM »
No, I'm quite protected thank you very much.  The CCs keep watch on me from the shelf they're sitting on... ::)
I forgot you got the Cabinet Cages instead of the Canyon cages.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 08:02:49 PM »
Trying to elevate your Twit status, I see.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 09:33:26 PM »
I forgot you got the Cabinet Cages instead of the Canyon cages.
He has "Shelved" the idea of needing protection.  His last excuse was it was too cold to install them, I wonder what his next excuse will be?  Dead fob batteries?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 04:19:28 AM »
In case you think this is the only project I have on the 'shelf'...I do have others.

• Canyon Cages
  • Left side mirror base replacement
  • 91 Dodge Dakota master cylinder
  • Prius HomeLink rear view mirror
  • Rav4 replacement radio
  • Nissan spark plugs for a V6 (have to virtually take the top end of the engine off to get to the  :censored: plugs in the rear.
Each of of these projects is a day for me, if not two.  Problem is my weekends can get full and I have issues in general about buying things and then putting them on.  It's easy to buy but damn difficult to get started.  I think that's a quirk in my personality and I'm sure it's documented somewhere.  I always run into unexpected difficulties which causes me to say very bad things in the garage out of earshot of the family.  Wow, I feel better getting that off my chest.  Doesn't change anything but I do feel better.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 05:27:27 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 04:40:59 AM »
6. C14 - right hand mirror 08-09   ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 05:27:01 AM »
Thanks, forgot about that one...  I'll probably work on the left side today.  I've updated the list.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 09:26:32 AM »
In case you think this is the only project I have on the 'shelf'...I do have others.

• Canyon Cages
  • Left side mirror base replacement
  • 91 Dodge Dakota master cylinder
  • Prius HomeLink rear view mirror
  • Rav4 replacement radio
  • Nissan spark plugs for a V6 (have to virtually take the top end of the engine off to get to the  :censored: plugs in the rear.
Each of of these projects is a day for me, if not two.  Problem is my weekends can get full and I have issues in general about buying things and then putting them on.  It's easy to buy but damn difficult to get started.  I think that's a quirk in my personality and I'm sure it's documented somewhere.  I always run into unexpected difficulties which causes me to say very bad things in the garage out of earshot of the family.  Wow, I feel better getting that off my chest.  Doesn't change anything but I do feel better.
That is a short list.  Quit drinking for a week and it should be easy :o  OK, just wait until you start the project before the first round ;D  Make each project a party, complete with phrases like "Watch this".  Should elicit plenty of friends, maybe Haroldo will join in?

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 05:22:36 PM »
Huhhhhh.......huhhhhh.......he said Prius.

Beavis and Butthead - Huh Huh Humbug - beavis-and-butthead Screencap
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 05:54:41 AM »
Butt head.... ;)

Offline bbhzx12

Still need a R mirror? 
I have an 08 w scratches.
PM if you still need it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Nope, I'm pretty much taken care of...however those of you should check under the black fairing piece to see if your well nut holder has developed cracks.  If it does, you'll need to replace the mirror in order to get it fixed.  The color panel can be pried off so you can change the colors very easily.

Son of Pappy

Has the list grown, or gotten "shelved"?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
I got the left side on a month ago.  Now have to do the right.  The list is endless, unlike my time.