Author Topic: AMA in SLC @ Miller Speedway 5-26  (Read 4260 times)

Offline CB Schmaltz

• FLY RIDE SKI SAIL
    • www.BuyNWProperty.com
AMA in SLC @ Miller Speedway 5-26
« on: April 30, 2012, 07:45:11 PM »
Aloha
its still snowing in oregon, but........
it should stop I think
I am going to the AMA race in SLC on May 26
hope to leave Hood River Or May 24 +/-
may take two days, maybe one
may take back roads my go interstate
either way
its clost to 800 miles
anyone else in the NW thinking about going
best regards
CB
503 806 1525
CB Schmaltz, Hood River, Or
503 806 1525
Connie 14, &  KLR best 2 bikes in the world.
Others in the stalls, VROD, WR250r,  Shadow Spirt, Versys 650, CRF250l, Vsrtom , 75 Z1B

Son of Pappy

Re: AMA in SLC @ Miller Speedway 5-26
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:37:29 AM »
Hmmmmmm, well, as things get closer I may be able to make the trip.  Planning on a straight shot or making it a two day trip?  If it's a two dayer, thinking tent or hotel?  Found out last Friday this Friday is my last day at work so the funds may be an issue, but on the bright side time isn't!!

ZG, Gumbi, how bout you two?  That would seal the deal on making it a two dayer ;D

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:03:24 AM »
I think I'll go, but I'm only 30 miles from the track.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »
Hmmmmmm, well, as things get closer I may be able to make the trip.  Planning on a straight shot or making it a two day trip?  If it's a two dayer, thinking tent or hotel?  Found out last Friday this Friday is my last day at work so the funds may be an issue, but on the bright side time isn't!!

ZG, Gumbi, how bout you two?  That would seal the deal on making it a two dayer ;D

Sorry Chet, I can't do it, that's Memorial Day weekend and we already have plans... Sounds fun though!

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 10:31:31 PM »
Is this the same as http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/events/featured/big-m-weekend-sbk-usa.html?

If so I am tentatively planning a trip up there from Phoenix...  2 days up watch the races on Memorial day then two days back...  Should be a good time.  Still need to look into hotel or camping area's...

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 04:40:38 PM »
Hotels by the SLC airport are cheap...so are car rentals...damhik...
'02 C-10

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 10:37:26 PM »
We should schedule a little get together/dinner perhaps on Memorial Day?  Maybe do a little photo shoot as well to post online so ZG can see what a great time he missed since he has "other" plans...  lol  j/k  It would be great to meet everyone in person...  I have followed Chet's advice on so many things and my bike runs like a raped ape thanks to him...  I might be getting at least one or two other Concours buddies to ride up with me as well from Phoenix.

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 11:46:26 PM »
I won't be going this year, despite being in the locality.  I do know someone else on this forum was asking about camping options earlier this year. 

I do know some local riders, but they are more sport bike types and not so much sport touring types.  Nonetheless, if you want to hit the canyons while you are here with these guys, watch this website/subforum:

http://www.utahsba.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

These guys are responsible types when it comes to gear/helmets/etc., but may be considered as liberal with the posted speed limits...

BTW, the Utah Sport Bike Association (UtahSBA) will be helping out with the MMP events, as they do every year.

Great event, I just need to spend my pennies on other things at the moment. 

Watching the sidecar races a couple of years back was quite enjoyable.  Except for being a little guy (not enough body mass), that sidecar monkey job looks like a hoot.  I'm not as limber as I used to be though!
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 11:51:42 PM »
Ticket package isn't all that bad, and timing may work out.  I'd be tenting it there and back.  All depends on how the shed/apartment project is going.  I'd also need to mount up some new tires.
wildphnx, %99 of what I have shared are plagerized, but thanks anyway ;D

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 01:34:46 AM »
Ticket package isn't all that bad, and timing may work out.  I'd be tenting it there and back.  All depends on how the shed/apartment project is going.  I'd also need to mount up some new tires.
wildphnx, %99 of what I have shared are plagerized, but thanks anyway ;D

Well I'm bout 90% commited at this point and probaly tenting it up and back as well... I did get a Room while there though to help recoupe from camping a little bit.  Got a room at the Hampton (851 West 1250 South, Orem, UT 84058) for $45 a night  for Sun and Mon night using priceline name your own price.  Looks like my trip is about 800 miles one way as well Chet so we both have about the same anount of distance to cover... Of course my 800 miles is more because I take the most twisted way I can find and avoid the superslab whenever possible.  Anyways hope you can make it....  Hell you could even split my room with me if you wanted to that would bring the lodging cost down to about $50 per person for two nights stay... Can't beat that price!!

Offline Stubby

• 2011 Silver ABS Concours 1400
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 10:04:56 AM »
Hey were your staying is about 10 min from my place not sure were I will be ( thinking about a 2-3 day ride through Southern UT ) but if you want PM me and I can give you my number if I'm around we could have a drink or something?

Dave
it's better to ask forgiveness than permission..... So I have been told

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 10:13:19 PM »
Hey were your staying is about 10 min from my place not sure were I will be ( thinking about a 2-3 day ride through Southern UT ) but if you want PM me and I can give you my number if I'm around we could have a drink or something?

Dave
PM sent, This is going to be an awesome trip and even get to meet some fellow Connie owners!!

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 11:04:10 AM »
So for everyone who is going or thinking about going or not going but local to SLC area and would like to meet a few other Concours owners and have a drink or two...

I was thinking Monday (Memorial Day evening) we could get together...  Since I'm not local I don't know of any spots but I'm sure one of the locals will chime in. 

I have Stubby (Dave) and Rcannon409 (Roland) numbers and I think Son of Pappy (Chet) and CB Schmaltz(CB) from Oregon and are coming down as well.

My number is 480-338-1681...

Let me know if you guys are interested or not...

Thanks,

Kirk

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 08:43:38 PM »
On the way to Miller to watch the WSB races, setting up camp for the night in Kanab, UT.  Tomorrow will be awesome riding through southern Utah.  :)

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 12:12:16 AM »
Trip is awesome thus far...  SLC has some great roads if the wind and rain will just go away...  I think it is gone for tomorrow so the WSB should be great.  It was nice meeting you today Robert sorry we didn't get a chance to talk more.

-Kirk