Author Topic: Swearing parrots HAHAHAHA  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
Swearing parrots HAHAHAHA
« on: September 29, 2020, 08:12:09 PM »
I couldn't find another thread where this would fit.  Many times I have thought of getting a parrot just so I could teach it to swear.  Looks like many people have beat me to it:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/swearing-parrots-moved-park-scli-gbr-intl/index.html
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
Re: Swearing parrots HAHAHAHA
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 10:55:06 PM »
Pebbles the Cockatoo on Yew Toob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM8aBESf8EI
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 06:54:16 AM »
Barney

We had the pleasure of having Barney with us for ~25 years before he succumbed to aspergillosis.  :'(

He was ~10 years old when we rescued him. I tried to get him to learn a few cuss words but he refused. He talked plenty but would never repeat any swear words.

His favorite phrase was "Barney wants a cracker". It didn't matter what you were eating, Barney wanted it and it was a cracker. If you didn't give him his cracker, he would introduce you to what I referred to as his "jungle call". If you've ever heard how loud a parrot can scream then you've heard his jungle call.

We used to take Barn with us camping. He loved it and riding in the truck was something that he always enjoyed. If was fun to see the look on people's faces when we pulled up along side of them at a stoplight and Barn would holler at them.   :)

One of the funniest thing he would do was to hang upside down in his cage and ring his bell like mad while barking like a dog. Our dogs hated him and he hated them right back.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 12:16:59 PM »
A friend of my Aunt had a Macaw that could insult, rant and cuss for ages.
All us kids loved it 🤣🤣🤣
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 03:25:45 PM »
If there were a bird in my house, it would be *ME* that would be cussing.  I don't know how people can stand the noise, they are worse than even dogs!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 03:52:04 PM »
My dogs probably wouldn't like you.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 03:59:19 PM »
I remember 'Fred', the cockatoo on Baretta way, way back when motorcycles had points and carburetors (really kids, and milk came in glass bottles, and the Internet was printed on newsprint). Fred used to 'do the chicken' where he would cackle and paw at the table with his foot... really pretty funny as I remember.

But that swearing bird is outstanding, with his feathers all up and violently nodding toward 'his human' while screaming profanities and insults.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 04:52:48 PM »
My dogs probably wouldn't like you.

Meh, animals all seem to like me.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 10:07:20 PM »
When Bill Clinton was still President, he was given a talking parrot as an official gift.  The bird had been a resident of a "house of ill repute" for many years.  Mr. Clinton had him put in one of the unused rooms in the White House, where he could see people passing by and have some interaction. 

One day, Hillary walked past the door and the bird let out a screech and hollered, "WHAAACK...Too old...too old!"

A few hours later, Chelsea came tripping down the hall, the bird saw her and screamed, "WHAAAACK!  Too young.....too young!"

A bit later, the Mr. Clinton himself passed the room, and the bird sang out............"HI, BILL!"
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 07:49:28 AM »
If there were a bird in my house, it would be *ME* that would be cussing.  I don't know how people can stand the noise, they are worse than even dogs!

The 'noise' as you put it is part of a parrot's 'charm'.

We all know that you're a 'cat person' Max.

My dogs would have loved your cat, right up to the point when the 'squeaker' was torn out...  (the squeaker was the first thing 'removed' from a new toy)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2020, 03:28:39 PM »
The 'noise' as you put it is part of a parrot's 'charm'.  We all know that you're a 'cat person' Max.

More importantly, I just don't like noise.

My dogs would have loved your cat, right up to the point when the 'squeaker' was torn out...  (the squeaker was the first thing 'removed' from a new toy)

And your dogs would have loved me and my guns, right up to the point they threatened harming my cats  ;)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 04:14:54 PM »
The 'noise' as you put it is part of a parrot's 'charm'.

We all know that you're a 'cat person' Max.

:rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2020, 07:44:18 AM »
More importantly, I just don't like noise.

And your dogs would have loved me and my guns, right up to the point they threatened harming my cats  ;)

Wow, seriously? Yeah, I see the winky but still...

You can have your cats, that stinking litter box, and their UTI's. I'll chose noisy birds and my dogs thank you. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2020, 08:36:47 AM »
Wow, seriously? Yeah, I see the winky but still...

Well, the winky part is important.  Unless of course, you would really like seeing your dogs kill someone else's pet cats!  Regardless, if I was in a position that a dog (or any other animal or even person) was seriously, actually, actively threatening the life of one of my cats, I absolutely would shoot it, if I felt I had no other choice.  I can't see a situation where that would ever occur, though, since my cats have been and always will be, 100% indoor.

You can have your cats, that stinking litter box, and their UTI's. I'll chose noisy birds and my dogs thank you.

That is your choice.  Meanwhile, I have no noise, no stinky dog smell, fleas, walking them all the time, picking up poo, keeping them out of the trash or from eating poo.

Oh, of course, results vary, but none of my cats have ever had a UTI.  I think it is probably because I feed really high-quality food.  Have had to deal with other health issues, but no more so than what I have seen from dog owners.  As for the litter box, hardly any smell- but that is because I clean it every day (takes about 10 seconds), use a very large box, lots of high-quality litter, and my cats always use it correctly (and always have).  If I could prevent them from occasionally barfing on things, and getting cat hair on EVERYTHING that would be nice, but unrealistic.

Choice is good.  Dogs and cats have many similar and also different endearing qualities and challenges.  Many of my friends have both.  As long as I don't have to listen to your choice barking all the time while I am in my house with the windows closed!  :)   (Yes, that is one of my pet-peeves... pun intended).