Linked Events

• Concours Owners Group 25th Anniversary “SilverDammit” Nation: June 16, 2014 - June 20, 2014

Author Topic: Concours Owners Group 25t Anniversary “SilverDammit” National Rally  (Read 10758 times)

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:54:06 AM by ssmith »
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline COGnosticat0r

I got my time off and plan on being there.  Should be great riding no matter where it is being held   ;)

Anybody else planning on going?
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
I plan to go.

I bet it is Virginia somewhere.
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline COGnosticat0r

I plan to go.

I bet it is Virginia somewhere.

My guess, and only a wag, is Snowshoe Mountain   8)
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14

Son of Pappy

;D ;D

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
My guess, and only a wag, is Snowshoe Mountain   8)

6 of those pictures are located on the BRP....
I know the ones with the pines are at the "Highest point" pull off, we all have similar photos archived there over the years,
some of those others are very similar to shots i have taken of Cold mountain....
I'm thinkin more like The Pisgah inn... what say ya Jerry?

I do think those meadow shots look suspiciously like the Boyer station area though 8)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline COGnosticat0r

The Pisga inn Looks like a great spot.  hwy 276 would be awesome if they would pave that damn thing.  More bumps than pimples on a teenager face   :D

It is said that the rally will be held east of the mississippi River but not too far east, so now I am thinking more west of VA or NC or even WV

Just a few more weeks and we will see.  No matter, my butt will be there God willing and the creek don't rise.  Hell let the creek rise, be a good reason to get the hell out of here  :)

MOB, you plan on going  Be good to see you again.
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
The Pisga inn Looks like a great spot.  hwy 276 would be awesome if they would pave that damn thing.  More bumps than pimples on a teenager face   :D

It is said that the rally will be held east of the mississippi River but not too far east, so now I am thinking more west of VA or NC or even WV

Just a few more weeks and we will see.  No matter, my butt will be there God willing and the creek don't rise.  Hell let the creek rise, be a good reason to get the hell out of here  :)

MOB, you plan on going  Be good to see you again.

DEFINATLY planning on the SilverDammit rally, having owned one, and currently the newer gen II
It all depends on the location and timing of work.... this year was out for a L/D rally, next year I'll have vacation accrued.... 8) and Momma won't be working next year during the rally season....heheheheheh ;)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline COGnosticat0r

DEFINATLY planning on the SilverDammit rally, having owned one, and currently the newer gen II
It all depends on the location and timing of work.... this year was out for a L/D rally, next year I'll have vacation accrued.... 8) and Momma won't be working next year during the rally season....heheheheheh ;)

Great, I foresee a record for a national rally.  murph might need to buy Ben and Jerry's for this ice cream social   :D
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
oh yeah!! I will be there for sure. 
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
In.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
T minus 8 days and counting until location announcement....

BTW - how do you folks like this rally web graphic? 
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
Re: Concours Owners Group 25t Anniversary “SilverDammit” National Rally
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 07:39:25 PM »
In today's lexicon.....I think Ima be goin

Looks like a good way to spend a june vacation.

2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline 2fast

• COG #6497, North Central Area Director
    • C-10 Heat Shield photos
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 05:36:34 AM »
In. Reservations made. I'll be riding my 86 to this one, and probably loaning my feejer to an otp rider.
Brian in Minnesota
Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme. Richard Thompson

Need Heat Shields for the C-10? 86-93 Front Brake upgrade brackets?  I got em! Click the little green globe under my Avatar on the left.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 11:13:16 AM »
Anybody else planning on going?

I made my hotel reservation from Idaho Falls, so it's a yes for me.

Offline Rasmith

• Lenexa KS
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 07:11:54 PM »
Booked it
2012 C14 Candy Arabian Red
2007 Vulcan Meanstreak 1600

Offline Tele130

I just paid my registration fees.  I'll pay for the hotel next week.  I plan on leaving the Milwaukee area on Sunday June 15th.

Anyone from the area plan on going down.  If you wanta hook up, let me know.  Man, I love TN.!!!!! ;D :thumbs: :chugbeer:
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
You might want to also post something about meeting other folks and riding to TN on the COG forum. This forum is fine of course but both forums will get you even more exposure to people likely to be traveling from your general area.

Brian

I just paid my registration fees.  I'll pay for the hotel next week.  I plan on leaving the Milwaukee area on Sunday June 15th.

Anyone from the area plan on going down.  If you wanta hook up, let me know.  Man, I love TN.!!!!! ;D :thumbs: :chugbeer:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Tele130

You might want to also post something about meeting other folks and riding to TN on the COG forum. This forum is fine of course but both forums will get you even more exposure to people likely to be traveling from your general area.

Brian

Thanks Brian,......good idea  :thumbs:.  However, I dont mind riding solo.  That's 95% of my riding anyhow :chugbeer: ;D
I'm thinking of doing this as a "One Day Ride".  Somewhere around 700 miles?  Not hard to do on the Connie :rotflmao:

Doug Colton

Offline Tele130

740.7 miles to be exact  ;D.  According to the GPS. ::)

Doug Colton