Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303248 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1340 on: December 10, 2019, 07:04:27 AM »
The Mandalorian on Disney +.

This is really a great and very entertaining series. And who doesn't love the new critter they're calling baby Yoda? Of course he can't be baby Yoda since Yoda was 'killed' well before this little guy showed up. He can be the reincarnation of Yoda though...

5 outta 5 stars.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1341 on: December 10, 2019, 07:45:10 AM »
http://g1.ipcamlive.com/player/player.php?alias=59f9f3266234d
Every morning through the winter.

HOLY MOLEY...
just looked, thermo says -20...... and the Feeding Blue Jays were fighting over food..

minus 20..... man, it gets cold here in Ohio... but not that bad...

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1342 on: December 10, 2019, 08:07:31 AM »
The End of the F*cking World Season 2.
Just as good as Season 1.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #1343 on: December 10, 2019, 09:45:16 AM »
The Mandalorian on Disney +.

This is really a great and very entertaining series. And who doesn't love the new critter they're calling baby Yoda? Of course he can't be baby Yoda since Yoda was 'killed' well before this little guy showed up. He can be the reincarnation of Yoda though...

5 outta 5 stars.

+1 for Mandalorian.  First show since The Dukes of Hazzard that I tune into EVERY week! 
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1344 on: December 10, 2019, 01:37:13 PM »
Based on all the anecdotal evidence here, I did some research and found out that my Samsung TV will work with Disney + app.  Just installed and signed up.  Went into the first 5 minutes of the Mandalorian and decided this could be quite good.  Also lots of other good stuff on Disney +. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1345 on: December 10, 2019, 01:40:41 PM »
Hey, me too! I was amazed to see there even was a season 2 because of how season 1 ended but..... well, you know what happened.

I liked season 2 also but it did not match season 1 in my opinion. For some strange reason, I really liked that first season which was surprising to me because I usually do not go for that unrealistic, hodgepodge and disconnected type of format (it seemed VERY disconnected at first but of course tidied up nicely at the end).

I think we are done with that now though as I do not see where there is anywhere to go for another season. But seeing as I thought that about season 1, I could certainly be wrong.....

BTW- the actor who plays the male lead in The End of the F*ing World was also the star of an excellent episode of Black Mirror. He was excellent in that show as well though the whole thing was kinda' depressing (like a LOT of Black Mirror episodes are).

Brian

The End of the F*cking World Season 2.
Just as good as Season 1.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1346 on: December 10, 2019, 03:03:47 PM »
Disney just did the absolute total cashectomy on you guys... :grouphug: :nuts:

man, I can't believe this....  I cry about paying for NetFlix monthly...

:banghead: :banghead: :deadhorse: :hitfan:

not to mention Disney ain't very "secure"....
https://www.zdnet.com/article/thousands-of-hacked-disney-accounts-are-already-for-sale-on-hacking-forums/

nope, not doing it.. I watched Disney when Walt was alive... it ain't the same anymore.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1347 on: December 10, 2019, 04:37:42 PM »
Agreed in pretty much everything you said.

Hey, me too! I was amazed to see there even was a season 2 because of how season 1 ended but..... well, you know what happened.

I liked season 2 also but it did not match season 1 in my opinion. For some strange reason, I really liked that first season which was surprising to me because I usually do not go for that unrealistic, hodgepodge and disconnected type of format (it seemed VERY disconnected at first but of course tidied up nicely at the end).

I think we are done with that now though as I do not see where there is anywhere to go for another season. But seeing as I thought that about season 1, I could certainly be wrong.....

BTW- the actor who plays the male lead in The End of the F*ing World was also the star of an excellent episode of Black Mirror. He was excellent in that show as well though the whole thing was kinda' depressing (like a LOT of Black Mirror episodes are).

Brian
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1348 on: December 10, 2019, 04:38:57 PM »
I am pretty sure nobody will agree with me on this, but I'm enjoying Stumptown.
Mostly because it's filmed in Portland, but it's still fun and I used to love the old Fox body Mustangs when I was a kid.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline mikebike

« Reply #1349 on: December 11, 2019, 04:29:09 AM »
Lights Out with David Spade...just comedy no politics. Just the opposite of all the other late night talk shows, it's refreshing.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1350 on: December 11, 2019, 06:54:09 AM »
Based on all the anecdotal evidence here, I did some research and found out that my Samsung TV will work with Disney + app.  Just installed and signed up.  Went into the first 5 minutes of the Mandalorian and decided this could be quite good.  Also lots of other good stuff on Disney +.

I was reading about how unprepared Disney was over the popularity of 'baby Yoda'. If they had ramped up production of Yoda toys in time for Christmas they would have sold a crap ton of baby Yoda's. As is the toys won't be available till next year.

The Force is strong with this one.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1351 on: December 11, 2019, 07:32:33 AM »
Watched Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and Us last night.

Both WAY overrated IMO.   

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood was typical Tarantino, only less blood than usual. I'm not a fan of his, so take that for what's it's worth. Some of the humor was good though.

Us was/is a steaming pile of pretentious ****. Lots of folks loved this movie though, not me. Just for fun, go to Amazon and read the 5 star reviews, look at the names. You'll get the idea...

I can't help myself, I just have to bitch about one of the most ridiculous scenes in Us.

At one point the bad guys have invaded a home and throw a set of handcuffs to a woman inside the home and tell her to cuff herself to the coffee table in her living room. I've never seen a coffee table bolted to the floor nor have a seen a table that weighs so much that it can't be moved. The woman is left alone with a phone that's just out of her reach. She's stretching stretching stretching to reach the phone, yet she can't move the table and grab the phone.   :o

That's some table!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1352 on: December 11, 2019, 09:53:10 AM »
I was wondering about the Tarantino film, and was hoping it was "typical", as I don't think I've seen one I didn't like, ever...

when it hits NetFlix I'll watch it, shouldn't take long..
Thanks for the heads up...

also curious about the recent release of Dark Waters

living in Ohio, and spending a lot of time along the river between Marietta and Parkersburg W.Va., I was aware long ago about this whole scenario; I recently watched a Docu-Film on NetFlix titled The Devil We Know, which went in depth about the whole travesty committed by DuPont... it was very shocking...

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1353 on: December 11, 2019, 10:43:49 AM »
I liked Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but it's long and slow at times.
Good flick though.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1354 on: December 24, 2019, 10:46:35 AM »
I've been watching the Mandalorian.  Is it just me or does the show seem 'dark' as in hard to see at times?  I've tried to get the brightness up as much as can through the TV but it hasn't helped.  They must have taken lesson from the last big fight scene on Game of Thrones.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1355 on: December 24, 2019, 03:58:57 PM »
I liked Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but it's long and slow at times.
Good flick though.

gonna bite the bullet, pay, and try to watch it tonight....

I've been watching the Mandalorian.  Is it just me or does the show seem 'dark' as in hard to see at times?  I've tried to get the brightness up as much as can through the TV but it hasn't helped.  They must have taken lesson from the last big fight scene on Game of Thrones.

ain't going there... Walt ought to be rolling in his grave, and sending bolts if lightening... as a respite for the way his empire was turned...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1356 on: December 25, 2019, 06:15:35 AM »

You're right, it is a bit dark. This seems to be a trend these days. I've noticed the same thing in a couple of other shows.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1357 on: December 25, 2019, 09:58:03 AM »
Kinda like shakey cam technique.  Won't watch a show if there's too much of that going on.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1358 on: January 24, 2020, 07:52:08 AM »
Looking forward to Animal Kingdom returning soon.

My wife and I pretty much binge watched seasons one - three of this show (included with Prime). Loved it!

We were looking forward to season four, but when we tuned in to watch, wait a minute! They want to be paid first/again. Crap! Maybe when season five drops then season four will be free/included?

One can hope.

Anyways, this is a damn good show. 

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1359 on: January 24, 2020, 09:26:03 AM »
We still watch it, we still really enjoy it.
Looking forward to it returning.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"