Author Topic: brrrrrrrr  (Read 57491 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: brrrrrrrr
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2015, 07:59:29 AM »
Just doesn't work for me.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2015, 09:19:03 AM »
78* and lovin' it in Napa Valley and Sonoma mountains yesterday. Doing some Sierra Nevada sweepers today. I feel blessed to ride in Ca. with this weather. I have also found that the best braking technique for fast sweepers is having ABS (non-linked 2009) and using the rear brake only (trail braking) leading into curves. It works great with tighter twisties also, just more pedal effort is needed along with a little front brakes.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2015, 09:44:31 AM »
Trail braking with the rear brake?  :_shudder_Emoticon

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2015, 10:03:04 AM »
Trail braking with the rear brake?  :_shudder_Emoticon

The technique is called "trail braking" using the rear brake, not to be confused with braking on dirt trails..

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2015, 10:07:21 AM »
Sounds like we need to revive a discussion in another thread.  :)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2015, 10:35:19 AM »
Or, I can nip it in the bud by commenting....
Holy whiteout batman.... we be gettin a whiteout here on the shore of Lake Erie .... and it ain't gonna stop for a longgggg time..... wow..... looks like I gotta fire up yje snow blowah so I can get supplies for gametime...... man, I foresee at least a foot by kickoff tonight....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2015, 10:04:47 AM »
14" of snow fell overnight here and we have a winter storm warning till 2 this afternoon. At 2 the winter storm warning is being replaced by a blizzard warning with 45mph winds predicted.  :o

Yeah baby!    :)

Finally some snow to get the snowmobiles out to play in!

Still nothing for snow up here in the "Great not so White North" this year.
But, if its any consolation, it was -14F this AM.
Snowmobiles still have yet to leave the yard.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2015, 01:01:02 PM »
Bring them snow machines down here to the North coast of Ohio....
Snow finally stopped around 5am, total is near 18" in this last storm... it hit hard, now the arctic blaster is hitting tonight, wayyyyy below zero temps...

Man, I did the snowblower thing 4 times yesterday before halftime on the game, and still gotta do it again today... I'm whooped.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2015, 04:40:43 AM »
Still nothing for snow up here in the "Great not so White North" this year.
But, if its any consolation, it was -14F this AM.
Snowmobiles still have yet to leave the yard.

We had a total of around 24" of snow here. So much snow that I got my snowmobile stuck twice in snow drifts! I made the mistake of slowing down, not good. It's no fun digging your sled out when you're bundled up for the cold.   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2015, 04:46:30 AM »
 :loco:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2015, 04:52:55 AM »

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2015, 06:55:10 AM »
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2015, 12:28:34 PM »
The storm that we just had here on Saturday night into Sunday turned out to dump the 4th highest amount of snow on the area since they started keeping track of such things, since the mid 1800's.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2015, 12:37:21 PM »
We are getting far more than usual on the east coast too although nothing like where you are of course.

This last storm probably dropped another 8 inches on us but it went on a long time and kinda' stopped in the middle: I got the snowblower out a bit too soon and had to hit part of the driveway again. No sidewalks open around here and no garbage pick up either.

Brian

We had a total of around 24" of snow here. So much snow that I got my snowmobile stuck twice in snow drifts! I made the mistake of slowing down, not good. It's no fun digging your sled out when you're bundled up for the cold.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2015, 01:16:38 PM »
Some more of that global warming...

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2015, 03:46:24 PM »
Ended up cutting paths all thru the yard again so doggy could go out and poop..... poor critter freaked out, the snow was deeper than she is tall, I cut about 400 feet of pathway, some places it was 2 foot deep.... that whipped my butt, man I'm sore.....

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2015, 04:32:08 PM »
Heard a cat yowling two nights ago and went outside to have a look. He was standing in the path I cut to the street and did not seem happy to see me or the outside lights..... so he went to jump west and thought better of it as there was 2' of snow there. Then he looked east and had the same problem. Finally, he ran towards me until he hit the driveway and ran off; I really do not know why he did not go toward the street but it was funny to watch his indecision while he contemplated the whole thing.

Oh yeah, he was wasting his time 'cause there are no cats here and I really do not know why he was looking for a 'date' in my yard.  ::) ???

Brian

Ended up cutting paths all thru the yard again so doggy could go out and poop..... poor critter freaked out, the snow was deeper than she is tall, I cut about 400 feet of pathway, some places it was 2 foot deep.... that whipped my butt, man I'm sore.....
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2015, 04:47:33 AM »
Heard a cat yowling two nights ago and went outside to have a look. He was standing in the path I cut to the street and did not seem happy to see me or the outside lights..... so he went to jump west and thought better of it as there was 2' of snow there. Then he looked east and had the same problem. Finally, he ran towards me until he hit the driveway and ran off; I really do not know why he did not go toward the street but it was funny to watch his indecision while he contemplated the whole thing.

Oh yeah, he was wasting his time 'cause there are no cats here and I really do not know why he was looking for a 'date' in my yard.  ::) ???

Brian

Maybe 'he' was a she and wanted Kirby to come out and 'play'?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2015, 04:48:57 AM »

I had to do the same thing here otherwise my 3 small dogs would end up doing their business on the sidewalk.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2015, 05:23:40 AM »
Nah, it was a big ole' buck of a cat. And he was doing the 'buck yowl', the one where he is asking if there are any little doe cats around that would like to come out and play. What is interesting about this is that I do not have any cats so I wonder how he got my address. My son and his wife were here in the fall with their two female cats but it has been a bunch of months now and those cats were never outside. Unless they left some kind of secret message on the outside of a house like hobos sometimes do? You know, something like "For a good time, call XXX-XXXX' or similar?

Brian

Maybe 'he' was a she and wanted Kirby to come out and 'play'?