Author Topic: where to find replacement panniers?  (Read 7187 times)

Offline joel

where to find replacement panniers?
« on: December 08, 2011, 09:17:08 PM »
I am only new to the forum and would like to take this opportunity to say hello to all and i hope to gt some great info out of what i read in the future i have had a bit of a look and a search to see if this has been asked before but have not found anything so hope i am not reasking a question.

Ok here is the story, i recently bought a secondhand 2010 ZG 1400 CAF (GTR 1400 ABS) (Australian verson), love the bike and like overnight trips but when i bought it the panniers where not on the bike and the shop did not have them :'( , so far the only way i can find to get new ones is from kawasaki for over $1300(Aus) each side which is a bit out there :o , can anyone guide me to where i may find replacement panniers or aftermarket ones that will not look crappy on the bike, any ideas would be appreciated thanks

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: where to find replacement panniers?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 09:33:04 PM »
There was a guy that had some for sale on here just a couple days ago. I can't seem to find them now.  Ebay usually has some but shipping to Australia wouldn't be cheap I would assume.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline joel

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 10:05:12 PM »
i will try looking at ebay outside of aus maybe i will have more luck, i would not have thought that the panners would very heavy are they, just thinking of shipping costs will pob end up cheaper even with shipping, off to look at ebay some more
thanks

Offline Gsun

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »
It was here and they are sold.

But try this for replacement bags

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=4070.msg46655#msg46655

Offline mcclaskeyj

• Adventure...redefined
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 08:43:45 AM »
i will try looking at ebay outside of aus maybe i will have more luck, i would not have thought that the panners would very heavy are they, just thinking of shipping costs will pob end up cheaper even with shipping, off to look at ebay some more
thanks
The bags aren't heavy at all but just a bit bulky. I'd stick with finding a set on Ebay since there's nothing like the original bags designed for the bike. The only issue you may run into is the key locking mechanism. You'd have to have two different key sets...one for the ignition and gas cap and the other for the bags. If you can get a good pair it would still be worth it IMO.

Good luck!
'83 C70 Honda Passport   '06 Honda Rebel 250
'76 Kawasaki KZ400          '79 Suzuki GS1000L
'04 Kawasaki Ninja 250     '07 C14 ABS  '09 C14 Red                            '08 CRF230L
http://www.bikepics.com/members/mcclaskeyj/

Offline ZedHed

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 09:06:21 AM »
You will have to be patient and persistent, but something should turn up on eBay eventually......the price of cheapness !! LOL
"Life is a hard teacher - you get the test before the lesson is taught..."

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 03:39:22 PM »
You will have to be patient and persistent, but something should turn up on eBay eventually......the price of cheapness !! LOL

^^^^right there
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline joel

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »
i had come to the realisation that this may be a long process so i picked up a set of bags online last night for now to get me by, ill give it 6 months or so and if no luck on ebay etc i will just have to bite the bullet and order genuine ones, nothing else will do her justice ;)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 05:05:19 AM »
i had come to the realisation that this may be a long process so i picked up a set of bags online last night for now to get me by, ill give it 6 months or so and if no luck on ebay etc i will just have to bite the bullet and order genuine ones, nothing else will do her justice ;)

BikeBandit.com has them for 582 USD per side. I can't imagine the shipping would be that expensive, even for such big items.Good luck!

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2010-kawasaki-zg1400caf-concours-14-abs-accessory/o/m18883sch639789
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 09:24:41 AM »

Happy New Year Joel, not mine so do your own inquiry with the seller as to shipping to you, but I saw these just popped up and thought of you...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2012-Kawasaki-Concours-14-Saddle-Bag-Cover-Fairing-Blue-Left-Side-ZG1400-/200694528749?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eba537aed

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2012-Kawasaki-Concours-14-Saddle-Bag-Cover-Fairing-Blue-Right-Side-ZG1400-/200694531807?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eba5386df

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 02:42:54 PM »

Happy New Year Joel, not mine so do your own inquiry with the seller as to shipping to you, but I saw these just popped up and thought of you...

ZG, the effort is appreciatedciated,  :) but i believe those are the covers only, just the outside lid and not the case.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 03:36:49 PM »
ZG, the effort is appreciatedciated,  :) but i believe those are the covers only, just the outside lid and not the case.

:banghead:

Sorry my bad, I thought that seemed like a smoken deal...  :nuts:   :-[