Author Topic: Let's see your dog  (Read 30805 times)

Offline jettawreck

Re: Let's see your dog
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2016, 08:17:03 PM »
Gotta coat for that naked wiener for those cold winters up there?

Oh yes, several. Some even might still fit. (She's put on some pounds)
She loves the snow, but not the cold. Once it's above 35* she will stay out quite a while with me snooping around the woods. Colder than that and it's only go out as needed.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline O.C.

« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2016, 02:33:37 AM »
This is Oscar, our two year old working Cocker Spaniel  ;) 

CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2016, 08:28:13 AM »
What does it mean to be "working?"
Beautiful doggies!
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline O.C.

« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2016, 08:53:47 AM »
What does it mean to be "working?"
Beautiful doggies!

It means he is bred from a line of 'working' gundogs, the working expression means that he is bred to work rather than only be a domestic pet, it also means that he is very willing to be trained and is probably a lot stronger more powerful dog than the 'average' domestic pet, he also has a natural ability to work

In our case we wont be working Oscar because I'm now too old and knackered  to be walking over mountains in pursuit of game birds (Pheasant and Grouse)  so apart from long walks and easy tasks he is a domestic pet

In the past I have had working dogs that purely live outdoors and only come out of their kennels when being taken to do some work for example beating or picking up on shoots

Hope that explains things a bit better  :) 
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2016, 10:20:34 AM »
That it does, thank you.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Glenn

• 2011 Concours14, 1984 KZ1100R, 2008 KLR685
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2016, 04:03:15 PM »
Our miniature long-haired dachshund, Bella, comes riding with us every now and then. :D

She'll ride dual sport with me sometimes...

I think she prefers the smoothness of the Concours though...
"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence."

Offline Richard. Wales UK

• 2010 1400 GTR trike.
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2016, 02:49:49 PM »
Hi Here are ours, on the 1400GTR trike.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2016, 08:55:58 AM »
 This is Duke, my Australian Shepherd doing what he loves best- Going for a ride.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2016, 09:33:54 AM »
This is Duke, my Australian Shepherd doing what he loves best- Going for a ride.

Handsome & Happy...

I've got our 3 Cavaliers to the point when I say "Get in the Truck" they run for the garage and/or golf cart if they can. One even jumps right in the backseat and waits....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2016, 11:09:06 AM »
Cody.  A Silky Terrier born on Christmas Eve of 1999.  He has retired now and moved to Myrtle Beach with my mother after my dad passed away a few years back.  He's having some pretty big health issues and i'm getting pretty worried for him.  I'm also worried for mom, as he has become her constant companion.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Bunk

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2016, 10:46:10 AM »
Here's my girls!  And a picture of the brown one's handiwork!  SMH... :-\
VStar 950 > GL1800 > Concours 14
Candy Cardinal Red (Best Color) Cee Bailey Ultra-Tour - Helibars Risers -Kaoko Throttle Lock - Kawi Top Box - Phil's Farkles Luggage Rack - Ram Mount with FingerGrip Phone Cradle - Sena 20S - Schuberth C3

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2016, 11:05:25 AM »
OMG, poor Claire. That's terrible.
What was up with her?
She really got injured scared to death of something.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2016, 11:33:02 AM »
Here's my girls!  And a picture of the brown one's handiwork!  SMH... :-\

:o

Looks to me like Claire wanted out of that door in a BIG way.

My lil dogs just nibbled on the woodwork a bit when they were pups.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Bunk

« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2016, 12:46:00 PM »
It was actually Abby.  We've had for 5 years, since she was 10 months old.  But we had a lot of changes go on in the last year.  We lost 2 of our pack, moved, and wife went from being home all day to working.  Though recently we seem to be noticing she seems to have a panic attack when the fridge makes a popping sound, smh...  Crazy thing is I can still say she's the sweetest dog I've ever had.  Well, so long as you're not a wall, or a crate...
VStar 950 > GL1800 > Concours 14
Candy Cardinal Red (Best Color) Cee Bailey Ultra-Tour - Helibars Risers -Kaoko Throttle Lock - Kawi Top Box - Phil's Farkles Luggage Rack - Ram Mount with FingerGrip Phone Cradle - Sena 20S - Schuberth C3

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2016, 07:41:28 AM »
This last March we had to have our black lab Casey put down because of a spine problem. That was very tough especially since he was on 6.5 years old. Shortly after he was gone my wife and I both decided that after about a year we were going to get a puppy pit bull and it was going to be female.

Fast forward one month. I came home early from work and was talking with my wife in the front yard when two dogs came running into my yard. One of those dogs was small and kind of bronze colored. She was super friendly and came right up to us wagging her tail a mile a minute. I was holding her and petting her and I noticed this terrible smell coming from her. I held her back to see what was up and it ended up that she had a collar on her that was super tight and had rubbed her her neck terribly raw and festering and was really putrid. The first thing I did was gently take it off her neck and then we took her inside.

My wife and I were looking at each other and I kinda gave her that look that said what do you think and she said yes, lets keep her. So first thing we did was takes her back for a bath and the tub was running red with the blood. Two days later I took her to the vet and have her checked out and get her shots started. The vet said that she had to be at least 4 months old as she had all her teeth in. She was pretty small and badly undernourished and she only weighed 17 lbs.

I took some pictures of her the day we got her and I am posting those and ones I just took the other day. By the way, she is a pit bull. Serendipity, kismet? Maybe help from beyond? Whatever, she is a sweet dog but also a terrier and has a ton of energy. She can be outside and made to run for a couple of hours and then you bring her inside and she still has a ton of energy. It can take awhile but when you finally get her settled down she pretty much just lays around, but it doesn't take much to get her wound up again. I just feel bad because we are going out of town and have to put her up in a kennel for about 10 days.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2016, 08:46:04 AM »
Thank you for that, you both have a great heart.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2016, 03:09:10 PM »
Good looking dog Timsatx. Well done.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2016, 12:48:59 PM »
Sad to say Cody passed on the 4th of July.  We went to Myrtle Beach to pick him up to bury him in the back yard with all of his other siblings here in VA.  He was born on on Christmas Eve of 1999 and died in the afternoon of July 4th 2016.  Interesting it was such special dates.  I kind of knew it was coming that day.  We're not as sad anymore - we know he had a long and healthy life.  Mom is doing better and already thinking of getting another companion.  I still see shadows in the corner and think I see him out of the corner of my eye.  I've even called for him coming into mom's front door a few days after he was gone - twice.  Our cat Theo is even older.  When he goes, I think we are done with having pets, grand-kids are enough.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2016, 02:57:51 PM »
Sorry for that.
Long may you run Cody.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2016, 05:30:18 PM »