Author Topic: Hears one for the books,stupid but it can happen!  (Read 5886 times)

Conair

Hears one for the books,stupid but it can happen!
« on: April 02, 2016, 07:46:22 PM »
Dropped coonie at a intersection. I slowly roll up to the red light go to put my left leg down and thinking all is well the bike eases over to the left were I start to swing out my left leg only to find out my pant cuff gets caught on peg. buy the time i looked down to see what my pant leg was caught on it was to late with a full tank and to much momentum on on my way down. Crash like a bad dream yah stupid ! several motorist jumped out to help me pick it up. not to much damage I was shocked ! scraped bottom of right mirror,bent shifter in a little that I bent back out. slight scratching on lower side cover you would really have to point it out to notice. I was really surprised how little damage there was . Now when I stop i swing out and forward with foot , or use both legs down, for me and im used to harleys seems like the foot peg is really in the way of your calf especially when walking it around in the garage Im always hiting my calfs on them, never had this problem on my gxtr! just have to get used to it , glad my side bags wernt on they would have been destroyed!!

Offline Blown32

Re: Hears one for the books,stupid but it can happen!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 05:23:11 AM »
Hate to hear that but luckily the damage was minimal and you are ok.

Had something like that happen on various bikes over the years but have always been able to recover (lucky I guess).  Horrible feeling when you start to realize you might go over.

Last time was on a full dress cruiser and unbeknownst to me the better half was stretching her left leg (blocked my foot from coming of the floorboard) as I was coming to a stop; that one was very close.
Current 2 wheel rides:
2014 Councours 14, 2003 ZRX1200r, 2001 ZRX1200r, 1994 KLR 650, 1985 Eliminator 900 (will sell in the spring)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Hears one for the books,stupid but it can happen!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 07:42:47 AM »
Something similar happened to me in Dayton, Oh some years back.  I didn't go down but I rammed my right shin into the right slider to get loose, hurt like crazy.  I was wearing jeans and the bottom hem had come loose from the pants.  I now ride all the time in the summer with mesh overpants so that hasn't happened since.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.